Don't Fear the Sweeper - Gifs of Great Sweeps in MMA

Whenever I watch threads like these it shocks me how little people understand about the technical aspects of bjj. A lot of those sweeps are pretty low level sweeps you learn in the first couple weeks. Bj penn jail breaking as a last ditch effort against GSP was high level , a guy getting scissor swept in a low level org really says more about the guys bjj defense rather than the executor. I’m not trying to talk shit a lot of those guys can fuck me up no doubt but I just can’t lose my mind over people getting caught with white belt level moves.

I’m mostly just salty I got my wack ass swept by my buddies butterfly guard that I know how to defend 6 times frickin times and just kept falling for it, I’d be the white belt getting scissor swept in bellator currently

dw9hNeU.gif

Which guy's the 2nd degree BJJ black belt in this gif?
most people who actually grapple give his jiu jitsu props

people that don't will somehow use being choked out by a high level black belt while being exhausted as a way to validate the Idea that you're a white belt with zero ground skills

Conor is a solid brown belt, training with a marcelo garcia black belt and continually improving. Eddie bravo said the guy seemed like a real student of jiu jitsu / humble In his approach to training.

Whenever I watch threads like these it shocks me how little people understand about the technical aspects of bjj. A lot of those sweeps are pretty low level sweeps you learn in the first couple weeks. Bj penn jail breaking as a last ditch effort against GSP was high level , a guy getting scissor swept in a low level org really says more about the guys bjj defense rather than the executor. I’m not trying to talk shit a lot of those guys can fuck me up no doubt but I just can’t lose my mind over people getting caught with white belt level moves.

I’m mostly just salty I got my wack ass swept by my buddies butterfly guard that I know how to defend 6 times frickin times and just kept falling for it, I’d be the white belt getting scissor swept in bellator currently
Well, at the end of the day.."white belt moves" are the bread and butter. Most high level grapplers use a lot of basic moves, just at a mastery level. That's pretty much what jiu jitsu is.

If you wanna build up your hips / base / balance, start doing deadlifts twice a week. Also squats and 3rd world squats. With a solid base / core strength..It becomes pretty difficult to sweep you. Of course technique is a factor as well.

Sure, they're basic techniques in a jiu jitsu match, but a sweep is difficult to set up and pull off with the threat of ground and pound. Also, MMA fighters who train with wrestlers focus on top control more than pure jiu jitsu guys from what I've seen. Basic moves or not, I love seeing sweeps in an MMA fight.

There are plenty of examples of Conor displaying a decent ground game, such as him reversing Brandao, so it's a dumb comment to make any excuse possible to continue to pretend his ground game sucks like they did.

His ground game is fine.
56d0bc230f9d4.gif

Conor against Kywan Gracie Behring in no gi comp in 2012...

giphy.gif
good clip, clearly had jits even back then.

I dunno, from where I'm sitting Conor seems like a student of jiu jitsu just like everyone else.

The idea that he has no clue what he's doing on the ground, not really sure exactly what people are basing that on.

I have pretty limited grappling experience but this blew my mind. He was literally 4 steps ahead of that guy. Forces him to posture while controlling his wrists, drops him back off-balance while straightening his own legs to bridge and roll over. and then right into the armbar. And then even going for the arms he controls his opponents leg so he cant escape or wind up on top. Looks like he briefly considered a mounted triangle too.

Holy shit man.
Roleta sweep.
Take a look at the classic match between Roleta and Saulo Ribeiro.

Would be nice if Paul Buentello was good at sweeps.

"Don't Fear the Sweeper"

Would have been much greater success with the crowd.

D5973-Sveningvars-LP-fram.jpg

1)Great minds think alike LOL - I thought of Buentello when I saw the thread title.
2) Awesome album cover. I like their earlier stuff, the basement tapes, when they were less djent/tech-death and more grindcore/slam.

Truth hurts squirt.

You called mesquirt andyour nameis "I will cut you"

I'm sorry you're mentally broken from bullying and on the verge of a shooting/suicide, but you're still too stupid to talk to so I'm blocking you.

Later squirt lol

He also

- Hit a beautiful reversal on Brandao, and escaped multiple leglocks and kneebars when Brandao is a 2nd degree BJJ black belt
- Got up from under Mendes multiple times, hurt him from guard with elbows, and escaped a guillotine and then outscrambled him to KO him
- Looked great on the ground against Siver, even mounting him with ease
- Escaped a guillotine that Diaz, a 2nd degree BJJ black belt, himself said would've tapped most guys
- Has only been taken down like 6/26 times in the UFC, and 4 of those were against Mendes on short notice. The other 2 were against Diaz where in the first fight he immediately swept him in that gif, and then the other came in the 2nd fight only after 24:30 minutes of fighting and 6 failed attempts.

They hold onto the Diaz submission as proof it sucks when the reality is is that it's proof why Diaz is a 2nd degree black belt with the most submissions in LW history. Conor escaped the guillotine and so Diaz countered the escape into full mount, then when Conor rolled Diaz managed to transition it into taking his back, and then Conor was defending the RNC until Diaz got the space necessary to get under the chin using a punch to force his head back off the momentum. It's not that Conor did anything wrong, it's that Diaz is simply an amazing BJJ practitioner and vet and showed it.

McGregor's ground game is fine.

<{outtahere}>

You called mesquirt andyour nameis "I will cut you"

I'm sorry you're mentally broken from bullying and on the verge of a shooting/suicide, but you're still too stupid to talk to so I'm blocking you.

Later squirt lol

Lmao that's some projection.

Also, I accept your surrender. The Ignore function is for triggered weenies. Take your licks like a man.

My all time favorite is Carlos Newton sweeping Matt Hughes from full guard to full mount, absolutely beautiful but cannot find a gif anywhere
I have been looking for this for a long time as well. Finally found it

tumblr_og8hxdPSDe1qd4esao1_500.gif

Beautiful Kimura Sweep from Carlos

I have been looking for this for a long time as well. Finally found it

tumblr_og8hxdPSDe1qd4esao1_500.gif

Beautiful Kimura Sweep from Carlos
Good find man, I need to save that somewhere been looking for years.
It's just perfect timing, beautiful transition

Back