Don't Fear the Sweeper - Gifs of Great Sweeps in MMA

for shits and giggles

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif
Dat Gunnar training saved his ass!

I have pretty limited grappling experience but this blew my mind. He was literally 4 steps ahead of that guy. Forces him to posture while controlling his wrists, drops him back off-balance while straightening his own legs to bridge and roll over. and then right into the armbar. And then even going for the arms he controls his opponents leg so he cant escape or wind up on top. Looks like he briefly considered a mounted triangle too.

Holy shit man.

Holloway was barely a blue belt and still training out of his garage. Nate wasn't grappling he was punching.

Conor's ground game isn't underrated.

dw9hNeU.gif

Which guy's the 2nd degree BJJ black belt in this gif?

Last edited:
There are plenty of examples of Conor displaying a decent ground game, such as him reversing Brandao, so it's a dumb comment to make any excuse possible to continue to pretend his ground game sucks like they did.

His ground game is fine.
That´s how Conor Gracie was born.

we made it.gif

dw9hNeU.gif

Which guy's the 2nd degree BJJ black belt in this gif?

Wow a takedown against a smaller guy. You know, because bjj classes drill takedown defense so much.

Look, you're triggered. Take a deep breath you'll be ok little guy.

Wow a takedown against a smaller guy. You know, because bjj classes drill takedown defense so much.

Look, you're triggered. Take a deep breath you'll be ok little guy.

Uh buddy, Diego was the one trying to take Conor down.

Uh buddy, Diego was the one trying to take Conor down.

Oh you don't say? Wow and here I thought all you Conor cumguzzlers were clueless noobs.

So what happens when someone tries to reverse your takedown? You try to defend.

I know none of you Conor noobs have set foot on a mat so I'll cut you some slack.

Oh you don't say? Wow and here I thought all you Conor cumguzzlers were clueless noobs.

So what happens when someone tries to reverse your takedown? You try to defend.

I know none of you Conor noobs have set foot on a mat so I'll cut you some slack.

Yes... and when someone tries to take you down FIRST you yourself are the one trying to defend THEIR takedown. You are acting like Conor initiated the grappling exchange instead of the reality which is Conor got the better of it.

Conor, the striker, managed to reverse a 2nd degree BJJ black belt, and you want to pretend it wasn't slick because a 2nd degree BJJ black belt has magically never seen this before and wasn't prepared but the purple belt striker has.

{<jordan}

Yes... and when someone tries to take you down FIRST you yourself are the one trying to defend THEIR takedown. Conor, the striker, managed to reverse a 2nd degree BJJ black belt, and you want to pretend it wasn't slick because a 2nd degree BJJ black belt has magically never seen this before but the purple belt striker has.

{<jordan}

It's just the case of Diego fighting the bigger man. Isn't that Conor's go-to excuse?

You're acting like Diego is an Olympic wrestler. It's bjj, most bjj guys have shit takedowns. It's the transition from gi to no-gi. Again, I don't expect Cocainor noobs to get it.

P.S. a no-gi armbar is the easiest sub to escape from.

I came here for some Muay Thai sweeps and left disappointed.

Back