Donnie Yen to star in Sleeping Dogs movie

Kneepocalypse

This is your god now.
@Silver
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2017/03/donnie-yen-sleeping-dogs-neal-moritz-original-film-1201948700/

"...follows an undercover police officer (Yen) on a mission to take down one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the notorious Triads. The movie based on an action video game is set in Hong Kong and focuses on martial arts fighting, racing, boat chases … and shooting while doing all of that."

Donnie Yen? Hong Kong gangsters?

Apc34v2.gif

Sleeping dogs was a great game, hyped it's becoming a movie

"You're a dangerous man wei Shen"
"If I could live your life, just for one dayyy"

lol are the Triads the default villains in asian action movies?

Fuck yes! One of my all time favorite games! Still play ps4 version all the time! I'm in!

As much as I like both, this sounds like every other asian, gangster, martial arts flick over the past 50 years

Wei Shen a real one, I'm hyped

They should stop adapting video games into movies.

There's no way you can replicate a 20+ hour interactive experience in a two-hour linear narrative. It's bound to be a letdown, in most cases, and really just prostituting developed properties and brand names for an easy box office boost.

Only movie I can remember that did it right:

MPW_39412.jpg

And that was because it was based on a fighting game with no cutscenes. Most of the time, and especially these days, the video game IS the movie.

They should stop adapting video games into movies.

There's no way you can replicate a 20+ hour interactive experience in a two-hour linear narrative. It's bound to be a letdown, in most cases, and really just prostituting developed properties and brand names for an easy box office boost.

And that was because it was based on a fighting game with no cutscenes. Most of the time, and especially these days, the video game IS the movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game and I generally HATE the genre (GTA, RDR.) Regardless of that fact, I have to agree with the above.

lol are the Triads the default villains in asian action movies?
No, sometimes they are the protagonist. Old school gangstas with a moral who refuse to sell drugs vs evil drug selling gangstas with no limits. Or one undercover cop who climbed to the top after arresting the dragon head but the cops decided to keep him there to keep the gangstas in check instead of bringing him back to the force. <---totally screwed that cop over but it was for the better cause.

But yea everything bad is tied to the triads somehow. You can't have any real business without the triads trying to scam you over for some protection fees or a fellow competitor hiring the triads to fuck with you. But there are movies that you're totally cheering for the triads.

Is Sleeping Dogs a run and gun shooter or an RPG?
more RPG. Or whatever GTA genre is. You walk around in the free world and do whatever you want: illegal street car racing, bribing, beating up people, stealing etc. Many side quests along with the main story line. You get money from these events and you can use it to buy things. The game world is layout like the real hong kong.

I spend most of my time doing betting on cock fighting and street car racing while exploring the city. I'm still not done with the game yet lol

Is Sleeping Dogs a run and gun shooter or an RPG?

It's an open-world game like GTA. Set in Hong Kong and with an emphasis on hand to hand combat. Pretty badass game bro, check it out

more RPG. Or whatever GTA genre is. You walk around in the free world and do whatever you want: illegal street car racing, bribing, beating up people, stealing etc. Many side quests along with the main story line. You get money from these events and you can use it to buy things. The game world is layout like the real hong kong.

I spend most of my time doing betting on cock fighting and street car racing while exploring the city. I'm still not done with the game yet lol

they should make this a MMPORPG. It be a big hit in China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back