Media Donn Davis wants Pacheco to get first shot at Cyborg instead of Harrison

True but I'd also argue we haven't seen Cyborg fight anyone who's a high level takedown threat apart from Amanda which obviously didn't go that way
My take as well. We've never seen what happens when someone overwhelms her with grappling but when the only person who was capable of overwhelming her on the feet did so she crumbled quickly. I think there's a real chance that she's not great against adversity because she hasn't faced a whole lot.

Well according to known bullshitter Cyborg PFL hasn't even reached out to her nor did they invite her to the Finals Show as they did other champs.

<Neil01>

Fixed

I don't think it's an easier fight, especially if they do it under a ruleset that allows elbows.
Everyone says that you just need to take down Cyborg but doesn't seem to be all that easy. Kayla has 25 minutes to avoid getting knocked out and she won't be able to keep cyborg down once she gets her there either, she'll have to take her down multiple times. If Kayla had finishing ability against fighters of Cyborg's caliber that'd be different, but it seems highly unlikely that she is any serious threat to Cyborg on the ground other than trying to pin her.

You could say that we've never seen Cyborg fight someone like Kayla which is true (kind of, she has fought grapplers), but we HAVE seen someone like Cyborg fight Kayla and it didn't go well for Kayla last time. Not being able to finish Ladd and Ladd getting back to her feet isn't a great sign either imo. Cyber would beat Ladd in like one minute probably.

Cyborg is a easy to hit and likes to brawl. Now that she is older and going up against a younger fighter with knockout power it looks a lot riskier than plausibly getting rode out for 25 minutes.

Last edited:
Everyone says that you just need to take down Cyborg but doesn't seem to be all that easy. Kayla has 25 minutes to avoid getting knocked out and she won't be able to keep cyborg down once she gets her there either, she'll have to take her down multiple times. If Kayla had finishing ability against fighters of Cyborg's caliber that'd be different, but it seems highly unlikely that she is any serious threat to Cyborg on the ground other than trying to pin her.

You could say that we've never seen Cyborg fight someone like Kayla which is true (kind of, she has fought grapplers), but we HAVE seen someone like Cyborg fight Kayla and it didn't go well for Kayla last time. Not being able to finish Ladd and Ladd getting back to her feet isn't a great sign either imo. Cyber would beat Ladd in like one minute probably.

Cyborg is a easy to hit and likes to brawl. Now that she is older and going up against a younger fighter with knockout power it looks a lot riskier than plausibly getting rode out for 25 minutes.

Kayla would have finished Ladd under a ruleset where elbows was allowed. In that one Invicta fight she had where she was allowed to use elbows she made an absolute mess of the other girl with them.

We've never seen Cyborg fight a grappler who's a good takedown threat. Coenen is probably the best grappler she's faced but she's not really a takedown threat and also isn't as big or strong as Kayla.

I think people read too much into the last Larissa fight. Kayla had beaten her comfortably twice and I don't think she took it seriously enough. If they have a 4th fight Kayla would be the betting favourite.

Back