Media Donn Davis wants Pacheco to get first shot at Cyborg instead of Harrison

As far as correct matching is concerned, he is right. Bltr vs. PFL champ is how it should be done.

But, Cyborg's career is teetering at the end.
I'd like to see her fight both of them.

1. Harrison has wanted it for quite a while.
2. Pacheco is a solid test.
3. Cyborg's inactivity makes me doubt her fighting both.

Who is this nerd?

Regardless of what some on here think of him, he has been very successful in the business world. Does he say some odd shit about PFL, no doubt he is a promoter and that should be expected.

I think Davis might be thinking of doing that on the PFL vs Bellator card they want to run early 2024. Which on the MMA hour he kind made that sound like it would be a free card. Maybe the card to kick off the new media deal with the PFL/Bellator merger. Would be a smart move and get fans to notice.

I'm sure he betting on Cyborg winning and then doing Cyborg vs Kayla on one the PPV's in 2024, either the Paul card or Francis card.

I’m down for this too. Win or lose, Cyborg can fight Kayla afterwards and it would still make sense.

Cyborg is going to retire after beating Leah McCourt.
Praying Leah lands an upkick KO.

I don't see any reason as to why Pacheco shouldn't get the first crack at Cyborg. She just won the tourney again and also gave Kayla her first loss, even if it took her three tries to do it.

Matchup wise I can see why Kayla would have more intrigue due to her grappling, and the fact she's never been finished, but if Cyborg manages to stay standing then it'll look like a squash match pretty fast. At the very least Larissa will go down swinging.

Cyborg wants the Kayla fight because it's a big fight against a name that would do well. She doesn't want the Larissa fight because it's a dangerous fight against someone who isn't well known.

It was telling that they had all the Bellator champs at the show and she wasn't there.

As they should, champions vs champions, and Larissa is younger, more exciting, and likely less of a headache in terms of contracts than Harrison. Larissa can be like their female Wanderlei Silva, or even their new Cyborg with the proper promoting (a bit harder because she lost a lot when she was younger).

From a booking/promotors perspective it's a no brainer. From Cyborg's perspective, it makes a lot of sense why she'd fight Kayla. Easier fight and a bigger name.

As they should, champions vs champions, and Larissa is younger, more exciting, and likely less of a headache in terms of contracts than Harrison. Larissa can be like their female Wanderlei Silva, or even their new Cyborg with the proper promoting (a bit harder because she lost a lot when she was younger).

From a booking/promotors perspective it's a no brainer. From Cyborg's perspective, it makes a lot of sense why she'd fight Kayla. Easier fight and a bigger name.

I don't think it's an easier fight, especially if they do it under a ruleset that allows elbows.

I don't think it's an easier fight, especially if they do it under a ruleset that allows elbows.
It boils down to how Cyborg does in the grappling department. If she does well enough, Kayla is getting mauled.

We've seen Cyborg get caught in a wild exchange, which is what Laila would try to do, but we haven't seen her grounded over and over, and outgrappled.

It boils down to how Cyborg does in the grappling department. If she does well enough, Kayla is getting mauled.

We've seen Cyborg get caught in a wild exchange, which is what Laila would try to do, but we haven't seen her grounded over and over, and outgrappled.

True but I'd also argue we haven't seen Cyborg fight anyone who's a high level takedown threat apart from Amanda which obviously didn't go that way

That's fair. Pacheco is champ. Also, I find it odd that no one has been in contact with Cyborg since the acquisition. Seems like a bad way to start off a new business relationship.

They need to do Cyborg vs Kayla first. It's the only fight people want to see for Cyborg and Kayla. What if Cyborg gets injured and/or decides to retire after Pacheco?

With them acquiring Bellator, they acquire the Bellator curse.

Well according to Cyborg PFL hasn't even reached out to her nor did they invite her to the Finals Show as they did other champs.

<Neil01>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back