Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the presidency, v4: Cover of TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cer-donald-trump-jr-russia-meeting/478483001/

Fuckup Trump's fuckup lawyer literally accidentally told the media there was yet another person in the room that hasn't been disclosed. They called to ask him about the ex-soviet that they found out about, but he accidentally answered the question about a 6th person who no one even knew about yet. I know Trump likes his kids, but Jr and Kushner have go, and Manafort was the worst thing that ever happened to the campaign. Trump needs to park Bannon's chair right next to his fucking desk, and do exactly what Bannon tells him to do because thats the only guy in Trump's circle now who doesn't seem like a fucking slimball retard.

Last edited:
Sure looks like he's trying, but clearly this goes all the way to the top. Trump's already been caught lying that he didn't see or know about the emails, but he had seen them at least a month ago, and now, after the scandal has broken, and he had time to sit down to learn the full truth that he supposedly didn't already know, rather than opt for full transparency, President Trump has already been caught in a Tweeti-lie again about who was in the room. Indeed, it is time for Daddy Trump to go.

Is Donald Trump, Jr., Taking the Fall for the White House?
John Cassidy said:
In the emerging White House narrative, Trump, Jr., is an outsider—a well-connected freelancer who wasn’t speaking or acting on behalf of his father.

Toobin-Trump-Jr.jpg

Photograph by Justin Lane / Bloomberg via Getty

It looks like Alan Futerfas, the criminal-defense lawyer whom Donald Trump, Jr., hired on Monday, is going to be busy. Following Trump, Jr.,’s decision on Tuesday to release a series of bombshell e-mails about his meeting with a well-connected Russian lawyer, the White House—including President Trump—appeared content to let him be the fall man for the whole incident. In fact, the events of the day made it impossible to rule out that Trump, Jr., was willingly assuming this role.

The e-mails, most of which were messages between Trump, Jr., and Rob Goldstone, a British publicist whose clients included a Russian oligarch with ties to the Kremlin, have become global news for an obvious reason: it isn’t normal practice for the potential subject of a criminal inquiry to release likely incriminating documents before he has even been interviewed by the authorities.

To be sure, it remains to be seen (and proved) whether Trump, Jr., broke any laws in agreeing to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer, after Goldstone dangled the prospect of “very high level and sensitive information” that was “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.” But while “collusion” is not a term that appears in the relevant criminal codes, there are at least two felony charges that the Feds could potentially hit Trump, Jr., with, some legal experts said on Tuesday: conspiracy to commit election fraud, and conspiracy to obtain information from a foreign adversary.

“It’s a shocking admission of a criminal conspiracy,” Jens David Ohlin, the associate dean of Cornell Law School, told the Washington Post. “The conversation will now turn to whether President Trump was personally involved or not. But the question of the campaign’s involvement appears settled now. The answer is yes.”

Trump, Jr.,’s defenders still contest that. On Tuesday, however, there was a conspicuous absence of Trump Administration officials and surrogates repeating the claim that Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, made just a few days ago, when he declared that news stories about the June 9, 2016, meeting between Trump, Jr., and Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower were “a nothingburger.”

Instead, the message from the White House was that Trump, Jr., was a fine young fellow—actually, he’s thirty-nine—and that all questions about his unfortunate predicament should be directed to Futerfas. At a briefing with reporters, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the deputy White House press secretary, read out a statement from the President that said, simply, “My son is a high-quality person and I applaud his transparency.”

That was it. There was no declaration that Trump, Jr., hadn’t done anything wrong, nor a tweet barrage attacking the Times and other “fake news” outlets reporting on the story. And no further information. When reporters pressed Huckabee Sanders on when the President had learned about the June 9th meeting, she said that she didn’t know. When she was asked when was the last time that Trump had spoken with his son, she delivered the same answer. And when she was asked, in reference to the meeting, “How is that not collusion?” she replied, “Not to sound like a broken record, but, on all questions related to this matter, I would refer you to Don, Jr.,’s counsel and outside counsel.”

Apart from reading out the statement from Trump, the one piece of information that Huckabee Sanders conveyed was that the White House was still standing by what she had said on Monday: “Our position is that no one within the Trump campaign colluded in order to influence the election.”

The phrase “within the Trump campaign” bears inspection, and it may well hold the clue to the whole thing. On March 17th, the former F.B.I. director James Comey told Congress that the F.B.I. was “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coördination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Trump, Jr., didn’t have a formal title within the Trump campaign, and he isn’t a member of the Trump Administration. In the emerging White House narrative, that makes him an outsider—a well-connected freelancer who wasn’t speaking or acting on behalf of his father or the campaign when he agreed to meet with Veselnitskaya.

Even if the White House can manage to convince anybody of this, which seems unlikely, it would still face a huge problem: two other people who attended the June 9th meeting were Paul Manafort, who was then the manager of the Trump campaign, and Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, who is now one of the President’s closest advisers in the White House.

Partly because of all the revelations about the highly paid work he did for pro-Russia interests in Ukraine, Manafort is already in a deeply compromised position. Kushner, too, is in a spot. In filling out official forms to obtain security clearance when he joined the White House, Kushner reportedly failed to disclose a number of meetings he’d had with foreign officials, including the June 9th one, and one he had in December with a well-connected Russian banker.

The line that Trump, Jr., gave to the Times over the weekend was that Manafort and Kushner didn’t know whom they were meeting at Trump Tower. “In his statement, Donald Trump Jr. said he asked Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner to attend, but did not tell them what the meeting was about,” the Times reported on Sunday.

To me, at least, this seems like a thin reed on which to construct a theory of deniability for the Trump campaign and the Trump White House. On June 8th, the day before the meeting with Veselnitskaya, Trump, Jr., forwarded his e-mail chain with Goldstone to Kushner and Manafort, under the subject heading “FW: Russia - Clinton - private and confidential.” It also seems hard to believe, as Trump, Jr., also claimed, that his father knew nothing about the meeting even though it took place just one floor below his suite, and he was reportedly in Trump Tower on that day. But desperate times call for desperate measures, including, it seems, letting the President’s son carry the can.
Prescient. They told him to put down that damn phone. He wouldn't listen. He just wouldn't listen. 100 million followers!

310px-John_William_Waterhouse_Echo_And_Narcissus.jpg

Sure looks like he's trying, but clearly this goes all the way to the top. Trump's already been caught lying that he didn't see or know about the emails, but he had seen them at least a month ago, and now, after the scandal has broken, and he had time to sit down to learn the full truth that he supposedly didn't already know, rather than opt for full transparency, President Trump has already been caught in a Tweeti-lie again about who was in the room. Indeed, it is time for Daddy Trump to go.

They told him to put down that damn phone. He wouldn't listen. He just wouldn't listen. 100 million followers!

I don't know how Donnie Jr is the only fall guy here given Kushner was in the meeting for crying out loud. How does this guy continue to skate?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cer-donald-trump-jr-russia-meeting/478483001/

Fuckup Trump's fuckup lawyer literally accidentally told the media there was yet another person in the room that hasn't been disclosed. They called to ask him about the ex-soviet that they found out about, but he accidentally answered the question about a 6th person who no one even know about yet. I know Trump likes his kids, but Jr and Kushner have go, and Manafort was the worst thing that ever happened to the campaign. Trump park Bannon's chair right next to his fucking desk, and do exactly what Bannon tells him to do because thats the only guy in Trump's circle now who doesn't seem like a fucking slimball retard.
Come on now, only a fool would believe Trump didn't know anything about this meeting and others. Its not just junior who is the problem.

I don't know how Donnie Jr is the only fall guy here given Kushner was in the meeting for crying out loud. How does this guy continue to skate?
AND he still has his security clearance, poppa-in-law won't take it away.

Prescient. They told him to put down that damn phone. He wouldn't listen. He just wouldn't listen. 100 million followers!

No no no
I don't want a President Pence

Are we sure this meeting was not in Moscow, based on the amount of Russians in the room.
Trump and his spawn need to learn lies don't work on this level. When you are a pussy grabbing trust fund baby, you can lie all you want, because you are not important enough for anyone to give a fuck. When your the most powerful man in the world and lots of people want you to fail, lies will be exposed. Too many eyes on you for lies to fly.

In a bizarre twist on the story, however, Alan Futerfas, a lawyer retained by Donald Trump, Jr., initially indicated to NBC News Friday that he had spoken to the person in question and described him as a U.S. citizen.

"He told me specifically he was not working for the Russian government, and in fact laughed when I asked him that question,” Futerfas said

He then called back to NBC News, according to the network, to clarify those remarks, saying that the person he spoke to was not the Russian-American lobbyist but yet another person, unidentified, who was also in the room.
So there is a 6th person in the room? Trump Jr, Kushner, Manafort, Russian Lawyer, Russian Spy/Lobbyist and this sixth person?

Come on now, only a fool would believe Trump didn't know anything about this meeting and others. Its not just junior who is the problem.

He learned about it a few weeks ago when Kushner disclosed it. Its not crazy to think he didn't know about it until now. Usually they try to keep the top dogs fingerprints off everything so they have plausible deniability. Its why CEOs and shit never go down for fraud. Its always an advisor or someone that goes down. Its usually goes

Trump Jr: Hey daddy, want me to get some dirt on Hillary from the Russians?
Trump: *looks at recording device and speaks loudly* No Jr that would be bad. *nods head yes*

and then later

Trump: Hey Jr, how is that Hillary thing we talked about going?
Jr: Great pops. Watch the news *wink*

and they never really discuss anything close to details.

In a bizarre twist on the story, however, Alan Futerfas, a lawyer retained by Donald Trump, Jr., initially indicated to NBC News Friday that he had spoken to the person in question and described him as a U.S. citizen.

"He told me specifically he was not working for the Russian government, and in fact laughed when I asked him that question,” Futerfas said

He then called back to NBC News, according to the network, to clarify those remarks, saying that the person he spoke to was not the Russian-American lobbyist but yet another person, unidentified, who was also in the room.
So there is a 6th person in the room? Trump Jr, Kushner, Manafort, Russian Lawyer, Russian Spy/Lobbyist and this sixth person?

Yep. Jr is such a fuckup that he handed them the next scoop in the story on a silver platter. I think its time for someone to drag this little lying shit in by his ear before a Senate committee and swear him in. In fact, the media should go full blackout on this story until then, because I want the next time this fuck lies to be perjury, not just an MSM "gotcha" story.

Fuckup Trump's fuckup lawyer literally accidentally told the media there was yet another person in the room that hasn't been disclosed. They called to ask him about the ex-soviet that they found out about, but he accidentally answered the question about a 6th person who no one even knew about yet. I know Trump likes his kids, but Jr and Kushner have go, and Manafort was the worst thing that ever happened to the campaign. Trump needs to park Bannon's chair right next to his fucking desk, and do exactly what Bannon tells him to do because thats the only guy in Trump's circle now who doesn't seem like a fucking slimball retard.

Hilarious but I didn't see information about the identity of the sixth individual in the link you posted?

Edit: I see the person is unidentified.

He learned about it a few weeks ago when Kushner disclosed it. Its not crazy to think he didn't know about it until now. Usually they try to keep the top dogs fingerprints off everything so they have plausible deniability. Its why CEOs and shit never go down for fraud. Its always an advisor or someone that goes down. Its usually goes

Trump: *looks at recording device and speaks loudly* No Jr that would be bad. *nods head yes*

and then later

Trump said he only learned about it "two days ago" when asked about it.

Hilarious but I didn't see information about the sixth individual in the link you posted?

If the person he talked to isn't the Russian-American Lobbyist/Spy in question now that is confirmed to have been in there, and he wasn't talking to the female lawyer as he indicated he was talking to a "he", it means there was another Russian in the room.

and then later

I think it would have been smart of junior to insulate his idiot father from this in such a manner, plausible deniability style.

I'm not sure any of them are bright enough to have done it

I think it would have been smart of junior to insulate his idiot father from this in such a manner, plausible deniability style.

Why? He didn't do anything wrong.

Knowing Jr, he probably didn't insulate Trump well enough.

I'm sure the transcript will come out and be something like:

Trump: Hey Jr, have you found out if there is any shit in the hen house?
Jr: I don't understand dad, we don't have a henhouse.
Trump: You know, remember how we talked about figuring out what the witch has brewed?
Jr: Are you ok dad? I don't remember you asking something like that at all
Trump: You little retarded fuck, did you find out if the Hill *cough and mumble*ary*cough* is made of dirt?
Jr: Oh, you mean when you asked me to contact the Russian government and trade them promises on sanctions for information that could damage Hillary Clinton and her campaign? I remember now, Kushner, Bannon, Manafort, Pence, Flynn, and Preibus were all in the room when you asked that. I even made a recording of that conversation on this tape player in case I forget the details of conversation. I gave some backup copies of it to friends for safekeeping just in case I lost my copy. Yeah, I contacted Putin personally via text message on a burner phone that I have since hid in a shoe box under my bed. Did I do good dad?
Trump: *facepalms*

Last edited:
They just released a photo of the 3rd person in the room.

boris-badenov.jpg

Holy shit, the person in the room was Rinat Akhmetshin...literally one of Fusion GPS' agents. This has once again taken another turn and is looking bad for both parties.

Trump because his fucking team keeps lying about who they met with.
The dems because they were paying Fusion GPS for op info on Trump, and Trump's Russian contacts are actually Fusion GPS employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back