Don Catlin - Founder of UCLA Olympic Lab: 'Drug tests are easy to beat....very easy'

giusti825

ßanned
@Silver
Reaction score
A man who spent 25 years in the industry watching athletes pass test after test he designed to catch them.

Even he knows that no testing program is currently good enough.

Why do sports companies keep shelling out money to an industry that can't live up to its claims.

If the test can't tell who is using and who is not, then they're pretty damn useless.

Source: Within the first 10 minutes of the Documentary 'Icarus' (Strongly recommended for anyone interested in PEDs in sports)

I exceed the speed limit in my car regularly and get away with it, it's easy to do.
That doesn't mean there shouldn't be speed limits or that I'll never get caught.

Lmao

Jon Jones has to be one DUMB motherfucker to get caught by USADA twice....

USADA can't tests for all PEDs. They test for like 20 different substances every tests when the scale number of illegal substances is much more.

If my understanding is right during the first DC rematch he popped for a masking agent/illegal substance.

After the HK he actually popped for a steroid.

I'm actually sad to think that Jones might have been on PEDs. But he might have thought the found the perfect undetectable formula and got caught in the cookie jar after getting away with it who knows how many times.

Saying drug tests are easy to beat is a blanket statement, it depends on the type of drug test and how often the drug test is administered.
The UFC always tested athletes but athletes knew how and when, so it was easy to best, USADA turn up unannounced and can test you at anytime, this is very hard to beat as even the quickest steroid to shift test suspension takes up to 3 days, so to say they're easy to beat is bullshit otherwise half the roster wouldn't be suspended.

Why do sports companies keep shelling out money to an industry that can't live up to its claims.

Pretty much the same reason governments battle illegal drug use and trafficking. Appearance. But's it's a Sisyphean effort.

Novitzky1-150x150.jpg

Easy? Not on my watch.

I hope this is not a

"they 're all doping just the others didn't get caught, JJ is the best ever you hear me HE'S STILL MY BOOOOOY"

disguised thread ;)

A man who spent 25 years in the industry watching athletes pass test after test he designed to catch them.

If the test can't tell who is using and who is not, then they're pretty damn useless.

Source: Within the first 10 minutes of the Documentary 'Icarus' (Strongly recommended for anyone interested in PEDs in sports)

Meanwhile dudes get caught. What's your point? Some are not getting caught some are getting. Same as with the police. Get rid of the police because they're not 100% effective?

I always remember the quote that drug tests are basically IQ tests, since if you know anything you can beat them.

However, if they were dead-serious, as in to the point that they don't care if the sport gets screwed up, they could GREATLY reduce PED use with a few scorched-earth tactics. For one, it's possible to at least somewhat make-up for that difficulty by increasing the punishment for people who are caught. Combine that with removing the time-limit on sample storage so that tests can be revisited as methods improve, and the ability to retroactively nullify achievements Lance-Armstrong-style and reroute them to the clean competitor after the fact, you would have a real chance of creating a situation where an athlete's best bet is to not use steroids.

Like I said though, this would be scorched-earth and result in all kinds of bans and penalties and entire eras of the sport being erased, which would overshadow the sport itself.

It's easy, if you know how to do it.

So simple

I exceed the speed limit in my car regularly and get away with it, it's easy to do.
That doesn't mean there shouldn't be speed limits or that I'll never get caught.
Reported.

If it's so easy then why do elite athlete drug cheats keep getting caught? And if this guy is the one to help them beat it then why isn't he living in a mansion?

Using PEDs is like playing Russian roulette - after the sixth time of beating random tests, the odds are simply not in your favor anymore.

It's easy, if you know how to do it.

So simple

Do you know how? If so explain, im genuinely interested.... for information purposes only;) haha

Interesting doc, watched it a few weeks ago. Thanks to Gheyberry.

USADA can't tests for all PEDs. They test for like 20 different substances every tests when the scale number of illegal substances is much more.

If my understanding is right during the first DC rematch he popped for a masking agent/illegal substance.

After the HK he actually popped for a steroid.

I'm actually sad to think that Jones might have been on PEDs. But he might have thought the found the perfect undetectable formula and got caught in the cookie jar after getting away with it who knows how many times.

Good points, but he failed a weigh-in piss test. He's been passing those for 9 years. It makes no sense he would use Turinabol in the first place and use it when he knows he's getting tested. It's an old, shit drug. Passes random tests, both blood and urine. I'm curious how this plays out.

the police cant possibly catch every criminal, so why do we continue to waste money on a police force.

if they cant catch everyone they are pretty damn useless

may as well shut down the police force

Back