Dominick Cruz vs John Lineker targeted for UFC 233 on Jan. 26 in Anaheim

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
upload_2018-11-9_3-27-51.png
According to a report from Globo, former UFC Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz will return after his most-recent lengthy layoff due to injury to face heavy-handed John Lineker. “The Dominator” was last seen competing at UFC 206 in December of 2016, losing his 135-pound strap to the now-former champion, Cody Garbrandt.

Would rather see

Conor vs yoel romero

Was hoping Lineker and Cody Garbrandt would lock horns for some chin checking violence.
I'm afraid Cruz will dance around Lineker all night and decision Lineker with his pitter patter punches.

Out of Assuncao, Moraes, and Lineker, this is the easiest fight for Dom. Lineker marches forward and plays into Dom's style perfectly. Smart match making on his end. They damn well better give Moraes a fight with Garbrandt or a rematch with Assuncao.

Good scrap. Also good clashes of styles as others have said.

The only offputting thing about this all is that you'd think with Cruz having a fight scheduled TJ could fight Moraes or Asuncao instead of that meaningless fight with Cejudo.

Last edited:
Squash match comeback fight for Cruz. Lineker probably won't even be able to hit him once cleanly.

View attachment 468433
According to a report from Globo, former UFC Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz will return after his most-recent lengthy layoff due to injury to face heavy-handed John Lineker. “The Dominator” was last seen competing at UFC 206 in December of 2016, losing his 135-pound strap to the now-former champion, Cody Garbrandt.

Nice to see Dominick get back on the winning track.

Amazing fight. Good thing Lineker moved up to BW.

Good scrap. Also good clashes of styles as others have said.

The only offputting thing about this all is that you'd think with Cruz having a fight scheduled DJ could fight Moraes or Asuncao instead of that meaningless fight with Cejudo.

The cruz haters will just use this against cruz and claim that Lineker is another 125lber that cruz beat.

Was hoping Lineker and Cody Garbrandt would lock horns for some chin checking violence.
I'm afraid Cruz will dance around Lineker all night and decision Lineker with his pitter patter punches.

Seriously

Cody v lineker as solid co main on Ppv or ufn header would be amazing

This fight is blah — we know Cruz is going to try to disengage — even if he somehow gets caught and ko’d Won’t be a scrap like Cody with who guys who come forward and throw bonbs

The cruz haters will just use this against cruz and claim that Lineker is another 125lber that cruz beat.

Come on what does this fight do for him? He’s 33 and hasn’t fought for 2 years

Needed the tj or Cody rematches — w in either fight cemented him as current bw goat imo

Great to see Dom back. I like Lineker's style but he will be outclassed this time

Come on what does this fight do for him? He’s 33 and hasn’t fought for 2 years

Needed the tj or Cody rematches — w in either fight cemented him as current bw goat imo

It's another top 10 win on Cruz's record. Any time you get a ranked win, it's important in my book, especially when you look at a guys body of work at the end of their career and compare it with a different fighter's resume. That's why, even though I doubt edgar will ever get another belt, it's fun watching him rack up all these top ten wins—his resume will look amazing when he's all done.

It's another top 10 win on Cruz's record. Any time you get a ranked win, it's important in my book, especially when you look at a guys body of work at the end of their career. That's why, even though I doubt edgar will ever get another belt, it's fun watching him rack up all these top ten wins—his resume will look amazing when he's all done.

Can’t compare the two — Dominick has a win against the current champ and could ( and in my opinion should ) be fighting a rematch for the belt . He could be cementing his legacy as the bw goat

Edgar had a good title run but up and down career and is currently putting on so some money fights before retiring — his legacy will just be a hard nose fighter — not in goat consideration

Can’t compare the two — Dominick has a win against the current champ and could ( and in my opinion should ) be fighting a rematch for the belt . He could be cementing his legacy as the bw goat

Edgar had a good title run but up and down career and is currently putting on so some money fights before retiring — his legacy will just be a hard nose fighter — not in goat consideration

I wasn't comparing edgar and cruz lol. I was using Edgar as an example for how to look at aa resum as a whole.

Right now people are arguing about who has the better record at 135lbs, Cruz, or TJ, and during this argument fans will go through their record with a fine toothed comb and look at every single win on cruz's record and all the circumstances surrounding that win and then compare it with the wins on TJ's records. My point was that every ranked win matters.

Off topic, but edgar will be remembered as more than a hard nose fighter. the guy has 4 belts at home and has been top 10 for a decade despite being undersized. Not a goat, but more than just a hard nose fighter.

Last edited:
War Dom !
I love to watch his footwork.

Dom was asking for a title shot. This is what the UFC wants him to do to get it, then so be it. If he's still got it (and that is an if) he'll handle Lineker and be ready for TJ sooner than later, hopefully.

Back