Dominick Cruz vs John Lineker targeted for UFC 233 on Jan. 26 in Anaheim

TJ vs Moraes - Moraes has a style that I think can make this match very competitive
Cruz vs Assuncao - might've been a slow fight but would be a strikers delight like Till vs Wonderboy
Cody vs Lineker - a wild brawl regardless of who wins. Lineker and Cody don't know how to win without it being violent.

These were the fights to make and I'm bitter as hell now because none of these seem to be happening.
WME's match making is complete bullshit.

I like to see him evade strikes. But land his own shots? Not so much.

I like his jabs and uppercuts--very few fighters use the jab while moving laterally as well as cruz--and I like his leg kicks, but he doesn't use them enough.

3.gif

His winging arm punches leave a lot to be desired, but they usually work for him.

Cruz is 5'8 and Lineker 5'3.
Standup: Lineker won't reach him
Ground: Dom is the better wrestler, is heavier and dominates him there till a stoppage

This is like handing Dom a titleshot

If TJ loses to Cejudo and Dom get knocked dead by Lineker... then what...?
<{you!}>
I don’t understand WME and the illogical matchmaking

Looks like an easy fight for Dominick.

Will dance around Lineker all fight.

Risky fight for my boy Dom. He better spend no time in the pocket and all the time on his bike pot shotting before working a wrestling heavy game.

When was the last time Cruz actually looked good? 2015?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he lost

Good scrap. Also good clashes of styles as others have said.

The only offputting thing about this all is that you'd think with Cruz having a fight scheduled DJ could fight Moraes or Asuncao instead of that meaningless fight with Cejudo.

It took me a while to figure this out...you meant TJ lol.

Cruz is 5'8 and Lineker 5'3.
Standup: Lineker won't reach him
Ground: Dom is the better wrestler, is heavier and dominates him there till a stoppage

This is like handing Dom a titleshot

Ok now you're just getting crazy.The guy that can't finish a sandwich is going to stop the guy that could take a baseball bat to the head?As far as your analysis...is it really ever that simple?Lineker closes the distance like few other little guys.Height will play a factor but lets not assume it's handing Dom a title shot cause he's taller with better wrestling lol.You're wrong all the time in mma,we all are and Lineker is an absolute destroyer especially to the body which he'll go to often with Cruz because of the movement and head movement.Cody caught Dom plenty and dropped him and Lineker can drop anyone at 135 and is more tenacious than Cody albeit different boxing styles.Plus how will Dom look after all this time off etc. We really don't know.It's so dumb when people think a fighter has no chance lol.

The cruz haters will just use this against cruz and claim that Lineker is another 125lber that cruz beat.

I am not a Cruz hater at all, I just got annoyed that he was rumored to fight TJ next ahead of Moraes and Assuncao, which I did not find fair.

That said, I'd much rather have TJ-Cruz II than TJ-Cejudo.

Last edited:
Damn...Cruz haters will have a decent chance of seeing him knocked out cold here...

I believe Lineker will hunt him down and KO Dominick

Back