Dominick Cruz is a much better analyst than Joe Rogan

Cruz is certainly more technical, but Joes, "OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!" are GOAT.

EvYJ0kl.gif

**a fighter takes a step back** HE'S HURT !!!

Honestly you could have Dominic replace that idiot Goldberg with Joe by his side and it would be a phenomenal team. It's amazing Goldberg has been doing this shit for like 20 years and he still doesn't have a fucking clue.
I agree, it is like an Abbott and Costello routine.

It's a great skillset to know what you're talking about.

Yes he's a great analyst, but he make it sounds like it's a chess match. He's way to boring for the casual fans.

Dom had some really good and knowledgeable commentary, but Rogan's energy isn't easily replaced. If I have to listen to a guy talk during a fight, I want him to be as excited about watching it as I am. Rogan is obviously all about it.

Didn't hear him, but from his work as an analyst I have no doubt he was great. The thing is, as a Rogan hater of many years, I have to say - he is part of the UFC experience and if you admit his obvious faults (bias, egotism, calling fights way too early just to prove he knows how effective a technique can be) what he does in the commentary booth is great overall. The legit enthusiasm and excitement he brings are matched by very few people in commentary.

I'd love to hear Cruz in the booth a lot more but I'd like Rogan to stick around for the big events for a while yet.

The average fan doesn't give a shit about the intricacies of certain mma techniques. They want to watch an exciting fight and Rogan is able to transfer that excitement through his commentary. Cruz isn't. If you want to know more about certain techniques you should read a book. You don't watch a football or baseball match and get the intricacies of a certain pitch explained to you either do you and nobody wants that. Most people want to have a good time watching.

Back