Dominick Cruz is a much better analyst than Joe Rogan

You must not read this website much, 90% of the " hardcore fans " don't understand MMA for shit.
I get that impression sometimes, but Dominick Cruz just said Yahya won the third round against Tanaka and I'm sure I've said some perfectly ridiculous shit so you can't just take one gaffe and assume someone doesn't know shit. I like to think most of us know what's going on well enough. I think I know more than the vast majority of you, but I imagine you all feel the same way, so...

Cruz may be a better at analyzing the fights, but I like Joe's yelling style better for some reason.

He is definitely a better analyst, but it doesn't mean he's a better fit for the UFC as a color commentator. Andrés Segovia is a far superior guitar technician than Jimi Hendrix, that doesn't make him a better entertainer for the masses.

You're underestimating the masses.

Joe gets excited, Cruz remains calm. Everything else, is virtually identical!

if you like rogan over cruz, or just about anybody, you're a dumb mark who gets excited by a guy screaming

You're underestimating the masses.

Am I? The Murican public?

giphy.gif

I thought he was a good analyst, until he made it clear he never once watched Bloodsport!!!

Victor: What's the hold-up?
Official: He says Senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi.
Victor: What's the difference if Bruce Springsteen is his shidoshi?
Official: If Senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi, then show us the Dim Mak.
Ray Jackson: (turns to Frank) What the hell is a Dim Mack?

main-qimg-491b8d6ee138b47afa5506c3e1cc4a6a

His voice is totally lacking in energy, boring as fuck and he makes my ears bleed.

I watched until the Stevie Ray fight and turned off after that.

Watching this week's episode of Quarry then getting an early night

Can't listen to the guy..

He reminds me of Michael Owen doing football commentary, he's boring as fuck and monotone as well. I actually watch football via a US stream rather than listening to that fuck on the actual TV.

First ufc event in years I've quit after the first three fights

More Cruz and I might get back to something resembling normal sleep patterns

Quarry ftw

No shit? Rogan doesn't even MMA

giphy.gif
I'm a big fan of Coleman, but I feel like he was being a dick trying to wrestle Rogan. It's like when a heel on WWE goes ham on Jim Ross or Jerry Lawler.

Wow, what a difference. Much, much better commentaries. Wish that was permanent.

.. hell no. As soon as I tuned in I wanted to make a post about how shitty and forces Cruz sounds.

Maybe I am just too buzzed and in the minority but I doubt it.

His perception and analysis of the in-cage action is far superior to Rogan's. I'd argue the same for both Stann and Hardy. Rogan used to be pretty solid, but at some point he just started to become delusional and a little off. Can't really atand listening to him anymore. However, what he does bring that Cruz definitively lacks, is enthusiasm and energy in his voice.

I thought he was a good analyst, until he made it clear he never once watched Bloodsport!!!

Victor: What's the hold-up?
Official: He says Senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi.
Victor: What's the difference if Bruce Springsteen is his shidoshi?
Official: If Senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi, then show us the Dim Mak.
Ray Jackson: (turns to Frank) What the hell is a Dim Mack?

main-qimg-491b8d6ee138b47afa5506c3e1cc4a6a

Wrong screen shot. Sacrilege

Smarter more clinical yes. More entertaining, no...

Rogan is far more fluid and interactive. Mind you that comes with practicdpe.

Rogan is surprisingly knowledgeable.

Back