Does the UFC have some of the worst fans ever?

why do people care so much about what other people say?

also did that jin shitku leave sherdog after conor lost? haven't seen his daily threads about conor since conor got embarrassed

By looking at all the Diaz and Jones fans, I'm not surprised.

By looking at all the Diaz and Jones fans, I'm not surprised.

Diaz bros are good people, so what if they act like they're teenagers, they're not hurting anybody.

I thought this thread was gonna be more about the bro-fans...because there are so many and they are the worst...

I think shitting on athletes is a fairly common thing in just about every sport.

As long as Pennsylvania is a state with pro sports ppl will forever be hating...just saying.

Yes.

With team sports you can look at various ways a team failed and kinda spread the blame, but with fighters it's all on that person. So when someone loses you see "fans" talk shit about them. Despite it being the toughest and most brutal competition on Earth, "fans" find a way to shit on fighters.

It gets worse when people are shitting on fighters over nationality bullshit. I lose a bit of faith in humanity every time I see American fans or Brazilian fans booing this shit out of a person that flew half way around the world to perform a dangerous job in front of them for their entertainment. Ridiculous pieces of shit that need purged from the gene pool.

Yeah, I mean, one can be unhappy about a particular outcome, or the performance of a particular fighter, but unless there are clear signs that a fighter didn't approach the fight as a professional should - which, by the way, is very hard to tell because of the myriad factors affecting one's prep, from personal, to injuries etc. - there's no reason why fans should be talking mad trash about a fighter. The only time it is completely warranted is if they are trash outside the cage, but then you are no longer discussing "the athlete", rather, you are discussing "the person". Shitting on Jon Jones, for example, is warranted on grounds unrelated to his athletic performance. That's an important distinction.

The biggest cause of the criticizing that goes on is everyone believes they can do it. From teenagers to out of shape old geezers,

For example one statement I read on here "I tap young guys at my local BJJ gym, trust me, 40 is not old."

Really? You don't take into account the difference in athleticism and toughness from guys signed to the UFC vs the part time scrubs paying a membership at your local strip mall?

Or people that believe they're world class coaches.

A quote from last night "Larkin needs to get better in the clinch, if he developed a Muay Thai plum he woulda finished Masvidal."

Totally disregarding the skill of Masvidal and oversimplifying whats going on in there. Its right up there with all the idiots that think, "If Jon Jones's opponents threw more leg kicks, he would get exposed."

sure, kinda like American Gladiator and American Ninja are sports too.

If ANW isn't a sport, I don't know what is. Every one of those people have a sports background. Olympic medalists, gymnasts, rock climbers, parkour, even UFC fighters have been on ANW.

I understand where you coming from when threads get started about how overrated fighter X is, but the mainstream US sports like baseball and football have a staggering number of dipshit arguments also. PED's too.

One only has to have a look around this forum, to see what horrible human beings MMA fans are. There are dudes here literally wishing fighters committed suicide...

The problem really is that in no other sport are the fanbase so totally under the thrall of a single interest as they are with the UFC and MMA.

MMA fans are ignorant and disrespectful because that's exactly what Zuffa want, old fighters thrown on the trash heap to make way for todays product being the best most "evolved" thing ever.

Nah, it's just people being people.

You see folk who revel in losses of other teams/individuals in other sports. If it makes them feel good about themselves in some way, it's all good, imo.

The atmosphere at the fights in Vegas are horrible or the majority of the fans turn up for the main card. Serra's voice is still ringing around my head from watching the Sterling and Caraway fight.

I'm hypothesizing its because the sport grew at the same time we experienced the start of the internet.

A lot of people nowadays like to bitch and hate. It's the culture of the world really and it's become normal.

once you get to a certain scale all sports have crappy fan bases. Plus internet forums like this one are always a hotbed for haters, trolls, armchair analysts and just negativity in general.

Yep, but the smart and well adjusted mma fan is among the best fan in any sport. Rare though.

It comes with the sport. Someone is getting beat down, submitted or KTFO! It makes it so much better if it's someone you don't like. Just like the people you don't like IRL you wished would get KTFO! So people jump on the chance to hate on a fighter when they find something they dislike.

Back