Does Pereira have the best low kicking game in UFC history?

Marko Polo

Thank you Jurgen
@Black
Reaction score
It’s between him, Aldo and Gaethje imo, and then you narrow it down to Poatan and Gaethje. Hell before the last two fights, Israel had a strong argument for the best leg kicker. I’ve seen Adesanya win title fights just from destroying opponents legs - he did it to Costa. Pereira was able to beat Israel at his own game and for me that elevates him to the best we’ve ever seen at least in the octagon

Have Gaethje's low kicks actually stiffled any of the elite-level guys that he fought?

Alex was getting to Izzy and hurting him with calf kicks in both of their MMA fights. Outside of Jan checking Izzy's kicks, nobody else has had that kind of success against him in MMA.

Last edited:
Mo Smith or Pedro Rizzo.

Honorable mentions:
Marco Ruas
Brandon Vera
Shogun Rua
Thiago Alves
Alan Belcher
Smith and Rizzo yes, and I would add CC. While known for his high kicks, he devastated opponents in the GP with low kicks. Barnett said his low kicks were the hardest he had ever felt.

Let's give credit to two OG's of leg kick technique in the UFC-
OfficialMaleFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

The king of the streets.
BlissfulDefinitiveBunting-max-1mb.gif

And Smooth...

Smith and Rizzo yes, and I would add CC. While known for his high kicks, he devastated opponents in the GP with low kicks. Barnett said his low kicks were the hardest he had ever felt.
Cro Cop vs. Yoshida and Hong Man Choi in K1 is a good shout IMO <LynchWink>

I'd add Forrest against Rampage and Ramirez in the UFC, and Bas destroyed that one guy late in his career, can't remember his name. Also Pat Barry vs. Evensen was BRUTAL. There are some I forgot.

i'm not sure if it is the best.... but watching those as a viewer hurts me. i don't getteh same reactn from others hitting leg kicks in fights.

it's just where alex seems to land them. he is a sniper with thsoe kicks

Back