Does Musk Have Even Thinner Skin And Bigger Ego Than POTUS?!

He's lucky the diver only went so far as saying "it was a PR stunt"... could you imagine American navy divers and the shit talk that could spew from those guys?

Or you know, just told the truth.

It was a disgusting act of demagoguery and completely unnecessary for Mr. Musk to inject himself or his businesses into the incident at all.

Take it on a cross-country road trip to celebrate delivery! Wonder how far you will get before you run out of charging stations...
generally, these are secondary vehicles. It works very well as a daily commuter.

if I'm going cross country or very long trips, I typically just rent, it's only for a few days, and I dont like putting my car under that amount of stress.

Keep up. Tesla is always switching things up to keep the scam going.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/tesla-model-3-deposit-configurator/

https://www.wired.com/story/canceling-your-model-3-deposit-dont-count-on-a-timely-refund/

Reservation holders and new customers alike must pay a $2,500 deposit to move their Model 3 orders forward. The deposits go toward the overall cost of their cars. The $2,500 to $3,500 total deposit becomes nonrefundable once Tesla assigns the customer a vehicle identification number, typically within a few days of their order. Tesla has required $2,500 deposits from people buying its earlier Model S and Model X vehicles.

Now, anyone can access the Tesla Model 3 “online configurator” and lay down a $2,500 cash payment that becomes nonrefundable as soon as Tesla assigns the buyer a car. The delivery date is determined after the money’s been transferred to Tesla.

It has nothing to do with gangs. It has to do with your douchey language.

Do you know what your deposit is? A loan to Tesla. You just loaned Tesla money. Like all the other fools.

I have business where I build high--end custom furniture. When my clients place orders, sometime more that $100K worth of furniture, I collect a 50% deposit. The rest is due on delivery. It is a standard business practice. Also, you know the delivery date that you will be assigned to an accuracy of about a week before you place the order. It is very similar to the Nissan truck, Mini, and fleet delivery vehicles I have purchased.

I'de take a self driving car before any of those, I dont like driving at all. I dream of the day I can buy a self driving RV that can take me places while I kickback and relax with the family. I'de love to tour the entire USA, every landmark, without having to sit behind the wheel.
In an RV I'll take self driving, as to a commuter car, sports car, or like a truck when I go hunting let me handle the wheel.

I feel there must be more to the story. "Pedo" isn't just the old random insult that you blast at people.

Musk's thinking goes no deeper than "Hey, this guy chose to move to Thailand so he must be a pedophile taking advantage of their child sex trade."

He is an entitled, butt hurt man-child with a God complex who is used to being surrounded by fawning sycophants and who could not control himself from lashing out, in the most vicious and dirty way possible, when confronted with a strong criticism.

Hopefully the diver files the lawsuit he is contemplating.

For my money, what Musk did - publicly accusing a person of being a pedophile - is far, far more egregious than Papa John's guy using the n-word in a private meeting. And Papa John's guy got shit canned and erased from PJ's history by his company.

You are mistaken on that point. We put down $1000 that was fully refundable about 1 year ago. Then when configured the exact car we wanted about 2 week ago they took a $2500 deposit that is not refundable. The car will arrive in 3 months. These day, the $1000 is not needed because production has reached demand and you can simply go and buy the Model 3, put down our deposit and it will arrive in 3 months. This is what happens whenever you order any new car that is not on the lot.

I have a business where we build high-end custom furniture. We collect a 50% deposit up front with delivery in in 12 weeks. It is a pretty typical business practice.
I get paying upfront for custom stuff. I've paid an $800 non-refundable deposit for a custom bolt action rifle where the only physical part I saw at the time of handing over my money was the receiver so I can understand that for custom stuff.

For a manufactured on an assembly line thing though is where it confuses me for the newer model Teslas that aren't due out for several years.

Take it on a cross-country road trip to celebrate delivery! Wonder how far you will get before you run out of charging stations...

No reason to, thats why have a Tahoe. These cars are typically purchased as second or third vehicles.

Your comment is like telling somebody who buys a Porsche to take it to Home Depot and see how lumber they can get into it. Or suggest that somebody's minivan can't beat anybody out of the gate a red light. Different vehicles with different attributes for people with differing need and wants.

Musk's thinking goes no deeper than "Hey, this guy chose to move to Thailand so he must be a pedophile taking advantage of their child sex trade."

He is an entitled, butt hurt man-child with a God complex who is used to being surrounded by fawning sycophants and who could not control himself from lashing out, in the most vicious and dirty way possible, when confronted with a strong criticism.

Hopefully the diver files the lawsuit he is contemplating.

For my money, what Musk did - publicly accusing a person of being a pedophile - is far, far more egregious than Papa John's guy using the n-word in a private meeting. And Papa John's guy got shit canned and erased from PJ's history by his company.

That's why I asked is he going to be the next John Schattner?

Certainly looks like it's heading that way, imo.

But he is obviously less replaceable so his board will let it slide. His board is probably mostly his sycophants.

I get paying upfront for custom stuff. I've paid an $800 non-refundable deposit for a custom bolt action rifle where the only physical part I saw at the time of handing over my money was the receiver so I can understand that for custom stuff.

For a manufactured on an assembly line thing though is where it confuses me for the newer model Teslas that aren't due out for several years.

Which models are you taking about. All of the Tesla model are in production. They are not excepting deposits on any vehicles that are not in production except for a few deposits on future 18 wheelers from major corporations. Some people who put down the $1000 are waiting on the cheaper battery pack to become available before ordering, but they can get the $1000 back at any time they like.

Tesla did have the $1000 from a few people for about a year before the Model 3 went into production, but they don't take those anymore because you can just go order one.

Imagine playing the "pedo" card in response to a person who was simply being critical of your perspective on the most practical way to solve a problem. In case there was any doubt remaining in anyone's mind, Musk is, indeed, a next-next level narcissistic megalomaniac.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk-calls-british-diver-in-thai-cave-rescue-a-pedo

Well to be fair that guy told musk to shove it up his ass basically, why do that when musk was just trying to offer help at the request of people who asked him to help?

But many of those white guys in thailand are pedos or into ladyboys.

In an RV I'll take self driving, as to a commuter car, sports car, or like a truck when I go hunting let me handle the wheel.

For the commuter car it does make stop and go traffic a lot easier.

Which models are you taking about. All of the Tesla model are in production. They are not excepting deposits on any vehicles that are not in production except for a few deposits on future 18 wheelers from major corporations. Some people who put down the $1000 are waiting on the cheaper battery pack to become available before ordering, but they can get the $1000 back at any time they like.

Tesla did have the $1000 from a few people for about a year before the Model 3 went into production, but they don't take those anymore because you can just go order one.
I thought they had a couple "prospective" models out there.

the car is way ahead of its time as well. Nothing to do with a mindless consumer. Having a car with no dependency on gasoline is pretty damn awesome, and dont compare tesla to run of the mill EV's, not the same level.

Bullshit. It ranks dead last in AI.

How do you think Teslas are charged? By fairies? The power grid. Which is often coal. Tons of countries use a ton of coal. The US. China. Germany. Australia. It is actually better in some states and countries to buy a gas engine because the Tesla will be charged with coal. Stop talking about things you know nothing about. Typical Tesla supporter.

The same argument applies worldwide. Driving an electric car in China, where coal is by far the largest power plant fuel, is a catastrophe for climate change. And if the coal plant lacks pollution controls—or fails to turn them on—it can amplify the extent of smog, acid rain, lung-damaging microscopic soot and other ills that arise from burning fossil fuels. The same is true in other major coal-burning countries, such as Australia, India and South Africa.

In coal-fired Colorado, a gasoline car with fuel economy better than 35 miles per gallon will be better for emissions than the average electric car, according to calculations from the Union of Concerned Scientists

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...18f8e87a2fc_story.html?utm_term=.790af03743dc

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/08/electric-car-emissions-climate-change

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/electric-cars-are-not-necessarily-clean/

generally, these are secondary vehicles. It works very well as a daily commuter.

What percentage of US cities have at least one Tesla-compatible EC charging station? I am genuinely curious.

I thought they had a couple "prospective" models out there.

I stand corrected. They are reintroducing the Roadster which is the car they originally started with and then stopped making as they transitioned to the Model S. It will be a Supercare doing 0-60 in 1.9s with a max speed of 250 mph and a range of 620 miles. The deposit for that is $50K. That car is really meant to cater a very small group for whom the $50K won't even blip their bank account.

I stand corrected. They are reintroducing the Roadster which is the car they originally started with and then stopped making as they transitioned to the Model S. It will be a Supercare doing 0-60 in 1.9s with a max speed of 250 mph and a range of 620 miles. The deposit for that is $50K. That car is really meant to cater a very small group for whom the $50K won't even blip their bank account.
I get that but the true gearhead car nuts out there I think still will gravitate to cars like that Porsche and McLaren that have the recycle power systems of F1 cars in them.

"This does 94..."
"Remind me, Porsche is owned by....."
"That would be Volkswagen"

Your comment is like telling somebody who buys a Porsche to take it to Home Depot and see how lumber they can get into it. Or suggest that somebody's minivan can't beat anybody out of the gate a red light. Different vehicles with different attributes for people with differing need and wants.

Except I could drive either a Porsche or a minivan from Cali to Florida.

But if you're saying the Tesla is really just a boutique vehicle that imparts status on the owner, and not a legitimate response to environmentally damaging carbon emmissions, I am with you.

Well to be fair that guy told musk to shove it up his ass basically, why do that when musk was just trying to offer help at the request of people who asked him to help?

But many of those white guys in thailand are pedos or into ladyboys.

Just like many blacks are violent criminal and rapists...See how that line of thinking works...

Because with how cave dive systems are there's no way you can get a rigid even 6 foot long submersible around a corner down there?

AN 8 YEAR OLD COULD HAVE BEEN HANDED THE MAP OF THE CAVE SYSTEM AND LOOKED AT MUSK'S BOAT THING AND BEEN LIKE:
"Um, it won't fit"

That's what she (of legal age) said

<Gordonhat><{ohyeah}>

What percentage of US cities have at least one Tesla-compatible EC charging station? I am genuinely curious.

All charging station are Tesla compatible. There are two different small adaptors (they just change the prong orientation) that you have to use at non Tesla stations. They come with the car. Each is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Also, Tesla's are fully compatible with all RV parks, they can charge about 30 mile each hour. It its also the same plug as an oven or dryer plug so you could plug into those in a pinch.

Here in Atlanta most shopping malls, many business, most mixed-use developments have them as do many other places. I have a little over 25 public charging stations within a 3 mile radius of my house. I down that Atlanta is a major anomaly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back