Does boxing mafia really exist as told by a friend?

humperdoo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Met an old friend today and watched the Fury vs Usyk fight on youtube. I told him the fight was controversial and that some of us here thought Usyk was robbed in the 9th round of a KO win. So he was telling me that, the fight was rigged and that Fury was meant to win as boxing Mafia dictates. But Fury just failed them.

So if it's true, can you guys tell me how the heck they are benefiting if they really exist?

So there is some big conspiracy against Usyk but he still won the decision? People just like making lame excuses in boxing.

Met an old friend today and watched the Fury vs Usyk fight on youtube. I told him the fight was controversial and that some of us here thought Usyk was robbed in the 9th round of a KO win. So he was telling me that, the fight was rigged and that Fury was meant to win as boxing Mafia dictates. But Fury just failed them.

So if it's true, can you guys tell me how the heck they are benefiting if they really exist?
My Brother is a Supervisor of the IBO, he just Suporvised the Lomenchenko fight, your friends talking rubbish.
As for Fury when a fighter falls back and is held up by the ropes that is a fair call to go to a standing 8 count as he would have fallen if not for the ropes.
I’m surprised no one is aware of that.

I do believe there is organized crime in boxing but it is probably relegated to the lower levels of the sport. I think there is too much financial incentives, athlete protection and oversight for it to dictate at the highest levels of sport. Still, it probably reigned there too during the earlier eras of boxing. There is definitely corruption at the highest levels, but it is all sanitized and legalized (even through nefarious means).

By the way, how long do we have to wait for Garcia's B sample?

It was ruled a KD because he was legless and held up by the ropes. The ref counted to 8 but there's no indication it was a formal standing 8 count as the fighter simply looked recovered on 8. As required he asked if the fighter wanted to continue and asked the fighter to walk towards him. Only thing here is it was just a bit of an awkward knockdown but protocol was followed cleanly. Actually I would sooner credit the ref with how he handled it than disparage him.

It's not fight night where you just jump up on 3, a ref will usually grant recovery time.

We do exist.
And what we do is spread points around. My boy Vinnie "Ten Times" LuGotz contacts the promoters and lays it on real thick. Then my guy Tommy "Seven Times" Palminteri will shake down the judges... Then it's up to Lilo "5 Times (aka "The Weasel")" Lombardozzi to get the ref into his pocket.

We do exist.
And what we do is spread points around. My boy Vinnie "Ten Times" LuGotz contacts the promoters and lays it on real thick. Then my guy Tommy "Seven Times" Palminteri will shake down the judges... Then it's up to Lilo "5 Times (aka "The Weasel")" Lombardozzi to get the ref into his pocket.
Sounds very… organized.

In Ireland / UK crime clans like Kinahan are deeply involved in professional martial arts not only boxing.

In the US you had criminal promoters over decades like King etc. that influenced fights. Thats proven beyond a doubt.

In recent time imo the most obvious was paid of judges like Adelaide Byrd which sadly could not be proven simply as there is no criminal case that is researched.

Boxing definitely has still strong ties into organized crime. Would surprise me if that is different in Mexico, Thailand and especially Russia and former Sovjet countries.

sports mafia does exist in all sports were you can make money betting.

Regarding the Usyk fight imo the bias was that Saudi Arabia bought the fight and are biased for Fury. Thats not really corruption but a kind of permanent influence on all people involved judges etc to regard that if they want work in the future.
Klitschko did that with K2 Promotions . They influenced the fight not through corruption with paying of refs etc but pressuring them into favouring them ni the match. Doing that Wladimir was allowed his wrestling match vs Powetkin or could choose the smallest possible ring..etc.
I would call that kinda corruption but its not that clear. This imo also happens with all fights in Saudi Arabia.

In Ireland / UK crime clans like Kinahan are deeply involved in professional martial arts not only boxing.

In the US you had criminal promoters over decades like King etc. that influenced fights. Thats proven beyond a doubt.

In recent time imo the most obvious was paid of judges like Adelaide Byrd which sadly could not be proven simply as there is no criminal case that is researched.

Boxing definitely has still strong ties into organized crime. Would surprise me if that is different in Mexico, Thailand and especially Russia and former Sovjet countries.

Regarding the Usyk fight imo the bias was that Saudi Arabia bought the fight and are biased for Fury. Thats not really corruption but a kind of permanent influence on all people involved judges etc to regard that if they want work in the future.
Klitschko did that with K2 Promotions . They influenced the fight not through corruption with paying of refs etc but pressuring them into favouring them ni the match. Doing that Wladimir was allowed his wrestling match vs Powetkin or could choose the smallest possible ring..etc.
I would call that kinda corruption but its not that clear. This imo also happens with all fights in Saudi Arabia.
We also had the Yakuza's presence in PRIDE. Wherever there's money there's organized crime. Doesn't matter if it's boxing, MMA, kickboxing, whatever. The fight game has always been a dirty cutthroat business. That's how it's always been and will always be.

We do exist.
Godamn I missed sherdog

Klits were even more smarter and looks that Wlad didn't had paid anything illegal. All he needed was that commission selects some ref who loves long stand-up wrestling and then you don't need to pay to such ref any bare extra thing .. ....literally all stuff 100% legal and relatively fair. While ofc with certain refs he might wrestlefuck and not think about cards....
Wlad really was smart as devil and not likely had paid anything illegal. This beast was too intelligent for this.

If about ref if you are local you know his character that will determine course of fight....and if you know this you automatically do have advantage even without any illegal stuff.
We had one ref who loved long fights in clinch while he did " counts " normally despite are you local tickets seller or guest guy ....
Another usually had faster count for away corner guys....while hated rabbit punches and there he had sometimes lectured A side lad and deducted...damn.

Klits were even more smarter and looks that Wlad didn't had paid anything illegal. All he needed was that commission selects some ref who loves long stand-up wrestling and then you don't need to pay to such ref any bare extra thing .. ....literally all stuff 100% legal and relatively fair. While ofc with certain refs he might wrestlefuck and not think about cards....
Wlad really was smart as devil and not likely had paid anything illegal. This beast was too intelligent for this.
Absolutely and the comission has a huge interest as its locally to get you back into their region so they get paid. They will do the corrupting by themselves. Thats also how incompetent criminal crooks like Adelaide Byrd get to ref fights.
When the UFC got more restrictions regarding drug testing for their UFC event some years ago they just changed states to Vegas were they did not have to do that as UFC basically owns the Vegas Comission.

There is a huge financial pressure and benefit for comissions to keep big events in their state / country.

Last edited:
Back