Does anyone think Cat could beat Nunes?

It wasn't a bad beta

tenor.gif

tumblr_nssodaGWWG1rofocqo2_500.gif

No not at all

But they did revise the gas tank

I don't. Cat is a weekend warrior. Nunes took her job seriously and is a different fighter now. Cat phoned her career in and the results show. If they meet again, Nunes shows what some dedication and discipline can accomplish.

Everybody says that when a fighter goes on a win streak. You heard it with Holly Holm, Anthony Pettis, Paige VanZant, and a lot of other fighters. Nunes still has the same blitzkrieg style and the same issues with gassing out (see the Valentina fight) after over exerting herself. If Nunes hadn't met Cat, she might've still been able to maintain the win streak she was already on (she had two first round TKO's prior to that fight) and we wouldn't be talking about this 'new and improved' Nunes.

Cat is as tough as they come, but Nunez appears to be larger and dropping heavier bombs. I think Cat could win, but it won't be against the same Nunez she beat by a mile.
That was post husband suiciding Cat. If anything that was possibly the worse of her who showed up that night.

That was post husband suiciding Cat. If anything that was possibly the worse of her who showed up that night.

Unfortunately it wasn't post her late husband's family taking the gym and finances from her. I hope Cat completely recovers and takes some bitches on a tour through suplex city soon.

Probably, if she survives round one again. Nunes will fade.

Cat's problem in her last fight was her ring rust, she was throwing Pena around that first round then ran out of gas. If her cardio is on point I see her being a problem for every woman in that division.

She would need to fight more than once a year which I don't see happening.

Maybe. Amanda hasn't shown improved cardio because she hasn't had to. She fucked Cat up in the first before Cat put a clinic on her. Cat went through some pretty devastating shit before the Nunes fight, survived an was kicking and finished Nunes. She might do even better without the emotional baggage going in. I don't think she could but it wouldn't blow my mind if she did.

In a rematch, Nunes wins. She will be more efficient with her energy than in the first fight.

I was about to give a firm no but then remembered that when Cat beat her it was off a long layoff/injury as well so...surely she could.

She "could", but She-Cain doesn't fight enough to get to a TS. Maybe if Nunes loses the title and they rematch.

i don't think she can now, nunes would be more disciplined and deliberate on the feet; even if cat tried to force a clinch or takedown her off/def striking is awful . So she would take a huge beating on the way to those things..

that being said if she could force a pace, and grind on nunes; she wins, amanda cardio is still suspect as is her desire once she starts taking abuse

I think Nunes destroys her in a rematch. But Cat has a long way to go before getting another title shot.

Cat hasn't won a fight since 2014. We're already coming up on 9 months since she last fought. Everyone's current memory of Cat and what you think she's capable of is old news and it's likely incorrect.

In the time since Cat last won, Amanda has won 5 consecutive fights, including winning and defending the title. That's a big deal, and a lot of time in the cage.

Personally, I don't view Cat as an active fighter any more. As someone in the thread already mentioned, she's a weekend warrior; pops up once a year for a single fight and then disappears. She's also 34. At 34, without remaining active, I think she's had her peak and on the decline. It doesn't matter though because she doesn't fight.

Personally, I don't view Cat as an active fighter any more. As someone in the thread already mentioned, she's a weekend warrior; pops up once a year for a single fight and then disappears. She's also 34. At 34, without remaining active, I think she's had her peak and on the decline. It doesn't matter though because she doesn't fight.
I view her the way I view Cain. Could win a given fight but isn't truly relevant in the division.

Everybody says that when a fighter goes on a win streak. You heard it with Holly Holm, Anthony Pettis, Paige VanZant, and a lot of other fighters. Nunes still has the same blitzkrieg style and the same issues with gassing out (see the Valentina fight) after over exerting herself. If Nunes hadn't met Cat, she might've still been able to maintain the win streak she was already on (she had two first round TKO's prior to that fight) and we wouldn't be talking about this 'new and improved' Nunes.

Nunes, I think, is a different fighter. Fighters that make their way up to be champions tend to fill or at least improve on their weaknesses, they generally don't fight their way up to be a champion after losses without that ability. They rematch, she will destroy Cat in the first, or save enough to pace herself the rest of the fight. Cat, being the weekend warrior that she is, I only see falling behind in comparison.

Wasn't she cut?
I'm sure I saw her name in a recent cut thread, not sure if it was confirmed though

Cat only fights once every 2 years so she'll not get a title shot.
Amanda would love to beat Ronda's numbers, she will be defending for a while. Since there are few contenders, Cat will get her title shot in a year or something like that

Wasn't she cut?
I'm sure I saw her name in a recent cut thread, not sure if it was confirmed though
Doubtful, the last I heard of her she was lobbying for a rematch with Retired Tate, doubt she would be if she was cut lol.

Nunes would pay for her limp arm clinch escape again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back