Does Anyone Still Use Netflix DVD Service

raty tat tat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or do you just do Streaming instead?

I've been thinking of joining it again, just curious if anyone still uses it.

My parents still do.

I haven't in years but I'm sure I would if I was limited to Netflix's streaming options in terms of the movies I have access to.

I don't but I know a couple people who do. You can apparently get a lot of stuff you can't get streaming

I used to a few years ago, I would get 4 dvds at a time too. Netflix streaming has such a limited selection of movies, i needed more. So i'd rent them, burn them, send em back. But finally stopped when I started streaming everything from a different app.

I don't but I know a couple people who do. You can apparently get a lot of stuff you can't get streaming

LOL it's not even comparable. You can literally get thousands upon thousands of movies from Netflix on DVD that aren't available to stream.

LOL it's not even comparable. You can literally get thousands upon thousands of movies from Netflix on DVD that aren't available to stream.
I had no idea. I thought it was all just streaming now

Does Netflix rent out naughty DVD's that the typical Sherdogger would be interested in?

Does Netflix rent out naughty DVD's that the typical Sherdogger would be interested in?

More importantly, do they stream naughty content?

Not that I'm into that. I'm just curious.

I had no idea. I thought it was all just streaming now

Do you actually have a Netflix account? The streaming catalog really is not that good in terms of selection. I remember when I still had the DVD plan that I could get nearly any movie from them on DVD, though.

If the Internet didn't offer so many ways to easily locate and watch movies online then I'm sure I'd still be getting DVDs from them because their streaming service just isn't enough.

Do you actually have a Netflix account? The streaming catalog really is not that good in terms of selection. I remember when I still had the DVD plan that I could get nearly any movie from them on DVD, though.

If the Internet didn't offer so many ways to easily locate and watch movies online then I'm sure I'd still be getting DVDs from them because their streaming service just isn't enough.
Come on, man. I could read through the selections for their online streaming selections and it would take me years to watch all that was selected.

More importantly, do they stream naughty content?

Not that I'm into that. I'm just curious.
Some on the Asylum movies are old school Skinemax quality, but that's about it.

And Altered Carbon. T&A for days.

Come on, man. I could read through the selections for their online streaming selections and it would take me years to watch all that was selected.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that their streaming service only has a very small fraction of all movies in print.

Try this exercise: Get out a piece of paper and write down 10 movies that you think you might like to watch tonight and then go see how many of those movies are actually available to stream on Netflix. I'd be surprised if it was more than 30%, because I've done this very thing before and it's usually never more than that.

Yes I have an account. I mostly just watch documentaries though. I usually use HBO on demand for movies

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that their streaming service only has a very small fraction of all movies in print.

Try this exercise: Get out a piece of paper and write down 10 movies that you think you might like to watch tonight and then go see how many of those movies are actually available to stream on Netflix. I'd be surprised if it was more than 30%, because I've done this very thing before and it's usually never more than that.
You’re totally right, my man. I use itunes for movies I want to own(yes I’m an apple bitch, fuck yo couch) and/or just pirate movies I wanna see. Netflix does have decent movies/shows to fill the gaps, but I could totally quit them and be fine.

This, I say this all the time. I actually think it has about 1 out of every 20 movies I wanna see, maybe less. I don't know how people can be happy with JUST using Netflix streaming as a replacement for cable and everything else.

No. I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime with all the premium add-ons. I buy Blu-Ray for classic films and that's it.

You’re totally right, my man. I use itunes for movies I want to own(yes I’m an apple bitch, fuck yo couch) and/or just pirate movies I wanna see.

If it's a movie that I really feel like owning then buy it on Blu-Ray. I think I'll always prefer the sense of security that comes with owning a movie on physical media, and also you always get more in the way of special features on disc than you ever get with any kind of digital download.

Netflix does have decent movies/shows to fill the gaps, but I could totally quit them and be fine.

Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of good stuff, and for 10 bucks a month I'm not sure what more you could expect.

Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of good stuff, and for 10 bucks a month I'm not sure what more you could expect.

Yeah $10 a month on our side, but on their side, they apparently have over 90 million subscribers right now. At $10 per month, that's like 11 billion a year they get. Shit I expect them to have every movie ever available one day, at least that's how it should be.

Back