Does Anyone Still Use Netflix DVD Service

Yeah $10 a month on our side, but on their side, they apparently have over 90 million subscribers right now. At $10 per month, that's like 11 billion a year they get. Shit I expect them to have every movie ever available one day, at least that's how it should be.

Apparently that was the goal initially, to have every movie available. But it turned out to not be that simple because the studios have to agree to license the movie to them for streaming and not every studio is willing to do that. For instance, you'll notice that Netflix streaming has exactly ZERO shows or original films from HBO.

Not sure if you're aware but every month as new stuff is added certain titles are removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has the lock on streaming the Criterion Collection?

Nope. I was bad it. I pretty much got a movie and it stayed on my coffee table for months. And often I’d see a movie and be like “Oh, that looks kinda interesting” then it would arrive and I’d be like “Why did I order this shit. I don’t even want to watch this.”

Relevant nerd trivia:

Roughly over 1/3 of all currently available case designs for PC builders don't even support an external 5.25" drive (where you put your DVD-RW or Blu-Ray Reader). That's also because of legacy. I'd estimate that anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 of all new case designs don't include one.

Optical disk drive is already on its way out. It's nearly a dead technology, already, and the antiquated Redbox market is the prime commercial station holding it up. In theory it's already dead. It reads slower, writes slower, cost a premium for re-writable storage, store less information (120GB max with Blu-Ray dual layered; 60GB standard), are more fragile, require more space in your computer, and are more unwieldy than USB thumb drives; 512GB flash drives are already out.

The headphone jack has way more fight in it than the Blu-Ray drive, fellas.

Relevant nerd trivia:

Roughly over 1/3 of all currently available case designs for PC builders don't even support an external 5.25" drive (where you put your DVD-RW or Blu-Ray Reader). That's also because of legacy. I'd estimate that anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 of all new case designs don't include one.

Optical disk drive is already on its way out. It's nearly a dead technology, already, and the antiquated Redbox market is the prime commercial station holding it up. In theory it's already dead. It reads slower, writes slower, cost a premium for re-writable storage, store less information (120GB max with Blu-Ray dual layered; 60GB standard), are more fragile, require more space in your computer, and are more unwieldy than USB thumb drives; 512GB flash drives are already out.

Right on, brah. And fucking lol at the peasants still getting DVDs.

I haven't held a DVD since Tower Records closed in like 2005

Relevant nerd trivia:

I kind of miss the laser discs...

There were a bad ass mix of vinyl and dvd's. Just super cool to pull one out of the sleeve and put in.

52f5e27369431a3386245f7e17607a3721d8b6bd5a6faec5e0d09eec83f3f85c.jpg

Destined for failure, but awesome anyway

yea im gonna sit around for 3 days while netflix ships me a dvd. LOL

I get 2 every week. Once in awhile they send an extra one.

Not sure how many people are watching Blu-Rays on their computer anyway. I have a whole collection but I view them via a proper Blu-Ray player connected to my TV.

who tf even used that lol. yeah just lemme order a dvd and wait a couple days to watch it. and then waste time to send it back. stupid as hell

who tf even used that lol. yeah just lemme order a dvd and wait a couple days to watch it. and then waste time to send it back. stupid as hell

Wait till your father tell you about the old days when u had to drive to blockbuster or Hollywood video to get a movie

Back