Does anyone seriously like Jamie Kennedy?

JamieKennedy2013.jpg

I watched his documentary "Heckler" last night. I'm not asking the question as a hater, but it just seems like he gets an absolute insane amount of hate. Maybe seems isn't the right word...he does. I for one don't mind him. Possibly because the only movies of his i've seen are Heckler & Malibu's Most Wanted. MMW, i'll admit was not that good & I only watched it because Nick Swardson is one of my faves. It wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen either though. Sure, I hated his character but he can play that kind of person pretty well. Has he just chosen to do projects that get him hatred? A lot of his stuff gets low reviews(at least what I researched last night). In Heckler you can really see his sensitivity but he was pretty funny in it. His comebacks against the hecklers were pretty good too. I don't know, I just want to understand & see what you all think of him. He doesn't seem like a bad dude. Just a little to sensitive & it seems to late to recover his career.

I guess he can't be doing to bad since he landed this piece of ass :icon_lol:

jamie_kennedy240.jpg

heckler-nerd.jpg

Anyways, Heckler was a good watch & i'd definitely reccomend it to fans of comedy & people who don't dislike Jamie Kennedy...:wink:

So what do you say?
Honestly, I stopped paying attention after Kickin' It Old Skool. He looks weird as a middle-aged guy. I never thought he was great, but he excelled within his comfort zone playing a certain type of goofy character like in the aforementioned movie or something like Malibu's Most Wanted. Sort of an Irish Pauly Shore who was only a few years younger, but made it about 10 years later. Pauly also looks even weirder as a middle-aged man.

Perhaps I remember Heckler different but it seemed like bitter, shitty comics using footage of the rare instances of good comics getting heckled to make themselves feel like they are better comics, even though it happens to them constantly.

I also remember him being completely incapable of differentiating genuine criticism from heckling, and there were heavy amounts of salt.

Last edited:
Malibu’s Most Wanted is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, it’s a fun dumb movie

Liked him in Scream 1-2 and his prank show.

Back