Does anyone else not give a f--- about other sports ever since getting into MMA?

so pretentious

LOL You know whats pretentious?

"I only watch combat sports.

Other sports don't compare."

I bet you were one of those loser Karate fat kids who does "martial arts" to feel good about yourself lol

I bet you were one of those loser Karate fat kids who does "martial arts" to feel good about yourself lol

"Stop disliking what I like!!!"

It's very funny that you can't handle people enjoying different things than you do, and disliking different things than you dislike. Are you 12?
You call me a loser - yet you can't handle when people's opinions differ from yours? You truly must be very successful in real-life.

I’d still watch my Steelers over the biggest UFC event ever anyday.

My obsessive interest in mma probably went from an all time high of 10 in the mid-late 2000’s, to about a 7 in present time.

Holy shit! Lmao. They're is a guy I work with who fits that description perfectly lol

Yes. I was a huge fan of baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. As the years went by I watched less "ball sports" and more fights.

It's the same teams that win all the time (for the most part) and fights are so unpredictable. My heart races when my favorite fighter is working his craft.

So casually I watch the other sports but fights are where it's at for me.

I enjoy watching boxing and soccer too. I have to be honest, my interest in mma in slowly decreasing. Then again i've had lots of hobbies and I sort of get bored along the way. I remember watching wwe and becoming a big fan and it only lasted 2 years lol.

Basketball, Football, Boxing, MMA

in that order. MMA is so far behind that it's far to take it as seriously; so much fuckery goes on that it's hard to see it as all that legitimate - it's more of a sideshow to real sports.

I only follow MMA and the Olympics. I never have followed any other sports though. I like MMA because there is a chance to win from beginning to end. Sometimes with other sports it is a total blowout and winning is impossible for 1 team. It also doesn't take long to watch. Even a long fight is only like 30 minutes. Most other sports take hours to watch a full game.

*when I say "other sports" I mean team sports and ball sports. i.e. baseball, football, basketball, golf, soccer, etc.

I lost some interest but still follow them. for a while mma replaced everything, but the other sports came back eventually (hockey and football mainly).

I actually watch more baseball, football and basketball ever since WME took over. UFC is more about entertainment now and is dedicated to the casual fans. Kind of feels like the UFC just consistently gives the hardcore fans the middle finger.

Stop caring about BB in my late teens. Same for tennis. Was into boxing after that exclusively. Nowadays I'm just interested in MMA. Not totally into and more like a serious casual ,but this is likely to change if I ever get around to doing bjj classes.

I have a sick problem with college football. I’m from Ohio so u may understand. Other than that it’s MMA or nothing.

Ever since I started jiu-jitsu classes 6 months ago, I've been watching fewer events. There's just too many of them. I still keep up with it online but a lot of these cards nowadays aren't worth spending a whole Saturday night on. Definitely still a big basketball fan though. Love the direction my Bulls are headed.

Team sports not really I was a die hard hockey fan but don't think I've watched a full game since '11 but that could be due to a couple players I liked dying that year. I've started to watch the barclays premier league occasionally. Which is fuck'd because no way in hell I would've ever thought I'd watch some fufu sport like soccer a few years ago. As for other combat sports I'd prefer the majority of them over the cards the UFC has been putting out.

No because true A-level athletes are all in football (not the american version)

watching team sports don't compare at all to mma. So much more raw passion and excitement in MMA that team sports cannot compare to. Huge upsets happen alot in MMA whereas the worst ranked team in the nba is not beating the number 1 team.

Human have been fighting since dawn of mankind, basketball, baseball, football, those were all invented in the last 100 years and involve way more rules and very specific subset of skills.

I still like to watch a competitive game of checkers.

I’d still watch my Steelers over the biggest UFC event ever anyday.

My obsessive interest in mma probably went from an all time high of 10 in the mid-late 2000’s, to about a 7 in present time.
Yes, next year Brady is tired of winning Superbowls and retires, its the Steelers year!

Back