Does anyone else just DVR TUF and skip to the fight?

stin4tw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I do. I will generally skip through the episode straight to the fight (after avoiding Sherdog). Afterwards, I'll usually rewatch the episode, as I've been enjoying the backstories and editing this season so far.

Just wanted to see if I was alone in this regard.

The show is all about the interaction between the fighters. The fighters are generally B level UFC wannabes, with a couple exceptions on average per show..

Even Dana said the live format didn't work because people wanted to see more drama. Combine that with the fact the talent sucked for the most part, and you got arguably the worst season of Tuf.

the fights arent the same for me without the leadup and back stories. without he leadup and backstories leading up to the first sonnen/anderson fight...I woulda still watched but not been near as jacked about it

I find the interaction interesting enough.Certain episodes are boring though.
I do watch recordings but will watch the whole show usually if it's a fighter i like.

I used to but I'm liking this season. I've been saying for years that I'd like the show better if they showed more of the fighters back stories and the actual training that goes on. I never liked the frat house BS.

As a matter of fact, I'd like it even better if they didn't keep them stuck in the house without outside contact. I think it would be cool watching them train at some real MMA gyms in Vegas.

I dvr ufc and i fast forward ''the fight''
I play them at 2x speed so u can still tell whats going on, if its becoming a lay n pray wall n stall fight i might go 4x. Combined with skipping commercials i turn 2 hours into 20 minutes. If i see a finish ill rewind it or if it looks like something significant is happening i will slow down to normal speed.
As far as tuf no i don`t dvr it. I dont watch it at all.

I always watch the first part till the commercial then typically ff to the fight.
today I watched the charades and if I see any drama (Julian Lane appearances) I will watch em but generally I do same as the OP

I dvr, and watch it 15mins. late so I can fast fwd the commercials. Unfortunately even thats not enough, so now I say half way and then watch it. This has been an excellent and fun season to watch, its always a pleasure to watch Sonnen coaching and training with his vast amount of experience and ability to actually teach.

since the no alcohol policy in the house i have zero interest in watching anything apart from the fight at the end!

I don't even watch. I'll check the TUF threads to see if a good fight has happened. Then I think about watching the fights.

I DVR any and everything I want to watch so I can skip the commercials. Usually do the same for PPV and start them an hour or so late so we can FF through the BS that arent fights.

That said I watch all of TUF and havent been dissapointed this season

I dvr every show I like because of my schedule and go back to watch them when I have time. It's nice to be able to forward through the commercials. I don't forward pass the house stuff and skip to the fights because I like the character building, coaching, training aspect, and to know who to root for.

Yes, though I do search for the Chael speeches in the episode.

I usually only watch the last half hour of the show. Not being a teenage girl, I don't find all the drama that interesting. The same way I don't care much about what my favorite football team does in between games. I am a fan of the sport not the drama. I will sometimes watch the whole show, but only rarely.

since the no alcohol policy in the house i have zero interest in watching anything apart from the fight at the end!

Has it been confirmed that there's a no alcohol policy this year ?
Usually it's a further down the line that the drunken antics are shown .

I fast forward. All the "back stories" sound the same. Oh, tragedy, your Dad died, your Mom died..guess what, everybody fuckin' dies, hard life, cry, cry, cry, boo fuckin' hoo. I fight for my family! You fight for greenbacks and hardbody sluts while you're away at camp, don't bullshit me. I just wanna give a better life to my kids...except you don't marry their mom. Oh, shenanigans time! Did someone mess with your bed? Rice Krispies? Loud noises at night? Cut the crap and put on 2 FIGHTS per show.

This. Pretty much I watch the shows just skipping the commercials until somebody tells a story about how badass of a kid he was and that MMA saved his life. Because usually these people lose. Kind of like they did last night.

I don't skip all of it. I only skip it when it seems to drag on and I'm not interested. I never used to do that but I think sometimes the internet makes you prone to A.D.D. I probably skipped ten minutes of this episode excluding commercials.

I watch it all. I don't mess with the video to avoid time spoilers.

I like the pre-fight part though. Without it, it would be like watching shark fights or some other B-league. The only part I would gladly skip is the fighters introductions. That's usually some boring stuff.

Back