Does anyone consider Bisping the best 185 lb fighter in the world?

He's the champ. If you don't have him at the #1 spot, then you don't know how rankings work. Regardless of what you think of him as a fighter, or as a person, he's #1. Right now he's the best in the division, until someone proves otherwise.

I don't think he beats anyone in the top 5.

I would consider the following fighters to be above him:

Rockhold
Whittaker
Romero
Weidman
Souza
(Gegard)

I think him and Branch would be a good fight to see where either stands in the division. I think he belongs in the mix with the likes of Hall, Gastelum, Branch and Brunson (ranked 7-12). Also would remove Anderson from the top 10.

I don't think he'll fight anyone in the top 5, so there's no real way to determine where he currently stands in the MW division.

MW is in the best state it's ever been in in the UFC. It's incredibly unfortunate to not have the top 5 fighting each other and to have a champion refuse to fight any of them. The division is at a stand still. I actually think it's more likely for the division to fall apart than it is for Michael to fight anyone ranked in the top 5. Retirements, moving up in weight will be Michael's saving grace. There's already talks of Weidman and Rockhold moving to 205, and Souza and Romero and Anderson are on the verge of retirement, as is Michael. Gegard has already moved on, and Gastelum will eventually move back down to 170, especially if 170 becomes 175.

With UFC behind him, Michael's in a pretty good position to get favourable fights. I think any fight he takes in his own division is a risk to his current status, and he knows this, which is why he's fighting Hendo and GSP in a time when MW has the potential to be one of the best divisions.

Worst fucking champion UFC has ever had. So long as Michael holds a belt without a proper defense, what it means to be a UFC champion loses it's value and status.

He's the champ. If you don't have him at the #1 spot, then you don't know how rankings work. Regardless of what you think of him as a fighter, or as a person, he's #1. Right now he's the best in the division, until someone proves otherwise.
No one is getting the chance to prove otherwise. He's not fighting anyone in the division.

Naturally, if you don't fight anyone in your division, how can you be the best?

Dan Henderson beat the crap out of him in their last fight so I don't even think he should be champ. Easy to forget how long ago that was, too. Wouldn't be surprised if GSP beats him even after 4 years off.

Whittaker is definitely the dude though. I think him vs Rockhold is a good matchup.

Another Limp dick excuse thread for Bisping haters to console each other's hurt pussies. Bisping will reign in 2018 and all of you can kneel and kiss the ring for the third year in a row.

No one is getting the chance to prove otherwise. He's not fighting anyone in the division.

Naturally, if you don't fight anyone in your division, how can you be the best?

Whittaker will have the chance to prove it, or Bisping will retire making Whittaker the default #1.

Whittaker will have the chance to prove it, or Bisping will retire making Whittaker the default #1.
You're assuming that the winner of GSP/Bisping will fight the interim title holder. That is your mistake. There is a champion, and there is an interim champion. The champion has a fight booked, and it is not against the interim champion. The champion is also talking about retirement.

"Maybe/hopefully" doesn't detract from the fact that Bisping is not fighting any top MWs and most likely will not before the end of his career.

There is nothing right now that confirms Michael will fight a top contender, or the interim title holder. There is no current reason to believe this.

I find it odd that just because he is the UFC champion EVERY MMA ranking outlet puts him at #1. He would not be the #1 ranked fighter in my MMA rankings. Would he be in yours?

Sherdog:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-127483

ESPN:
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/12884777/espn-division-division-rankings-middleweight

Tapology:
https://www.tapology.com/rankings/current-top-ten-middleweight-mma-fighters-185-pounds

RankingMMA:
http://rankingmma.com/mma-world-rankings/middleweight/

FightMatrix:
http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/middleweight/

USAToday:
http://mmajunkie.com/rankings/middle

I can't see an argument for Bisping being ranked ahead of Whittaker.

Are you kidding me? How many fighters were so terrified of Bisping they needed to take GEAR?

WAR COUNT

You're assuming that the winner of GSP/Bisping will fight the interim title holder. That is your mistake. There is a champion, and there is an interim champion. The champion has a fight booked, and it is not against the interim champion. The champion is also talking about retirement.

"Maybe/hopefully" doesn't detract from the fact that Bisping is not fighting any top MWs and most likely will not before the end of his career.

There is nothing right now that confirms Michael will fight a top contender, or the interim title holder. There is no current reason to believe this.

He will fight and beat Whittaker and then, I will return to point how just how low your testosterone is. Mad?

WAR BISPING

Put it this way

- He struggled to beat Anderson Silva, who can't even beat top 10 fighters these days without silly decisions

- Lucky shot against a guy who stomped him before to become champion and a lucky title shot

- And literally got his ass kicked by someone that Hector belted until the H bomb finished the job, and hector wasn't even top tier.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

a6984aabbb5d3a2249abac266b44bd266214648332f0aeb5bdd8b4fdd9d00331.jpg

So basically...

Bias.

More bias.

Ridiculous mmath.

i think he's probably 3rd to 5th best at 185 right now. and i rank him #1. because although i acknowledge that rankings suck at best / are not applicable to MMA at large at worst, i still hold myself to ranking standards.

it's a paradox of rankings. but you have to give him #1, even if you don't think he's the best.

this was a big debate back when Serra beat GSP too.

I was going to say his family but not even his son believes he is lol. I like bisping tho, solid fighter with lota of heart.

I could beat bisping and imrank 10000000000th

Back