Does anybody else watch Bellator out of obligation to the sport? Like a chore? I don't really enjoy-

Are you talking about the Baby Slice fight? Cuz he was the only 0-1 guy on the main card, fighting a guy who was making his debut.

I was going on memory, a poor decision for me. That's def the one I was talking about some reason I thought the dude he was fighting was 2-0. That makes it worse though lol.

It's really simple, I watch the fights I want to watch.

Kind of.

I used to really dig the tournament / season format because it would make me invested in certain homegrown fighters, their development and how the tournament brackets would play out.

Now, well, I'm just happy there are YouTube channels that upload the fights later that night; I couldn't bare to sit through the whole card anymore.

Kind of.

I used to really dig the tournament / season format because it would make me invested in certain homegrown fighters, their development and how the tournament brackets would play out.

Now, well, I'm just happy there are YouTube channels that upload the fights later that night; I couldn't bare to sit through the whole card anymore.

Exactly. Its the first MMA show with some decent talent I dont enjoy watching start to finish. Spikes commercial overload of course doesnt help.. But its more than that. I also like Bellator much more with the tournaments. It was more fun for sure.

I still like it a lot. Oddly i've always preferred their production and big titantron intros. Its over the top and cheesey but for me its fun.

The greatest advantage bellator has over ufc for me at this point (besides being free) is that its Friday night. My wife is dragging me to some event every other Saturday now days but I still have Fridays to do whatever I want.

If I wasn't enjoying it thought I wouldn't feel obligated to watch. This isn't like a TV series with 12 episodes and 10 episodes in you are getting bored but have to finish out. We aren't given enough free time to watch stuff we don't like.

Depends on whose fighting. I only watched 2 fights last night. The production seems so cheap and dull. The announcing is very unenthusiastic which I hate. The production value needs to change and they should hire Mauro or Schiavello.

I don't watch any events other than RIZIN events and I sometimes feel that way about RIZIN events if it's not a freakshow but a normal boring fight

However the freakshow fights and some of the normal fights are so sweet that it's worth it to slog through the boring fights

When Ganryujima used to be live I never felt it was boring

for UFC/Bellator the only time I watch is if I have a huge number of bets on the card I think that betting is the reason most people watch that shit because without betting the UFC/BELLATOR are more boring than soccer and even the olympics

Depends on whose fighting. I only watched 2 fights last night. The production seems so cheap and dull. The announcing is very unenthusiastic which I hate. The production value needs to change and they should hire Mauro or Schiavello.

Yes. Brighten it up, bring in Mauro and voice part time, make the titantron ... Better? Stop the obviously forced (FORCED AF) talk before the fights that guys look ridiculous doing..

A lot of it just feels off. If you go big, it has to be pretty. Pride titantron felt fine.. Bellators does not. Hard to put a finger on.

I like fights in general . I enjoy watching it all . Boxing , kickboxing , MMA , Thai box etc . I don't care about the brand ...

I like fights in general . I enjoy watching it all . Boxing , kickboxing , MMA , Thai box etc . I don't care about the brand ...
I do too. I watch college wrestling as well.

Yes. Brighten it up, bring in Mauro and voice part time, make the titantron ... Better? Stop the obviously forced (FORCED AF) talk before the fights that guys look ridiculous doing..

A lot of it just feels off. If you go big, it has to be pretty. Pride titantron felt fine.. Bellators does not. Hard to put a finger on.

Yeah, man. It needs some work.

Tbh UFC seems boring and stale after watching Bellator. Of course the talent is better but the production and experience is flat.

They're a bit hit and miss but I do enjoy a change of atmosphere, sometimes even if the even is an entire train wreck I still find the chaos highly entertaining.

I do get excited for some Bellator events here and there, but not like I used to. I avoid the fights with nobodies that usually plague the prelims and main card of international shows.

I enjoyed the Bjorn era better simply because I prefer seeing decent, mid card fighters duking it out in order to advance in the tournament rather than "College wrestling product #35 vs (1-2) can".

Guys like Chandler, Alvarez, Pitbull bros, and Warren earned their respect and place in Bellator through the tournaments. Coker era fighters such as Gallagher and Yankova feel like products of manufactured hype and terrible matchmaking.

No , some of us genuinely like bellator, i will say though with the amount of money they have and with the time inbetween cards the main cards and under cards should be really good every time . Its time for them to poach talent from lfa,ksw,and wsof if they can with decent fighters and not release top 20 caliber fighters from every single divsion they have had (espcially hw and lw) we shouldnt be subjected to watch john salter fight 1-3 guys as a co main or anyone fighting sub .500 fighters

I don't watch any events other than RIZIN events and I sometimes feel that way about RIZIN events if it's not a freakshow but a normal boring fight

However the freakshow fights and some of the normal fights are so sweet that it's worth it to slog through the boring fights

When Ganryujima used to be live I never felt it was boring

for UFC/Bellator the only time I watch is if I have a huge number of bets on the card I think that betting is the reason most people watch that shit because without betting the UFC/BELLATOR are more boring than soccer and even the olympics
That's more on you than anything, different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'd rather watch a fight between two evenly matched dudes than any freakshow that Rizin has to offer.

I do get excited for some Bellator events here and there, but not like I used to. I avoid the fights with nobodies that usually plague the prelims and main card of international shows.

I enjoyed the Bjorn era better simply because I prefer seeing decent, mid card fighters duking it out in order to advance in the tournament rather than "College wrestling product #35 vs (1-2) can".

Guys like Chandler, Alvarez, Pitbull bros, and Warren earned their respect and place in Bellator through the tournaments. Coker era fighters such as Gallagher and Yankova feel like products of manufactured hype and terrible matchmaking.
This what makes me excited about PFL, even if it ends up folding, it's bound to produce some decent talent, or get some eyes on underrated guys.

I watch it because I enjoy it. It's fun plus a group of us hardcores gather on sherdog to discuss the online prelims.

Join us!

I watch it because I enjoy it. It's fun plus a group of us hardcores gather on sherdog to discuss the online prelims.

Join us!

I was in here talking wwmma while I was in diapers sucking yo mommas tit... that was a while back lol

i definately liked Strikeforce production much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back