Does anybody else watch Bellator out of obligation to the sport? Like a chore? I don't really enjoy-

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
-bellator shows at all. They feel cheesy and poorly done. Like, is this show only for people under 30? I don't think I would have liked it then, either.

I like great fighters. I like koreshkov, and lima, and Rory etc... I just like them less in bellator. I have ALWAYS wanted a strong #2 org, and I was a pride guy. I enjoyed strikeforce shows as.much as UFC shows at that time. Bellator feels like punishment. The way they do things is sophomoric.. Jimmy is ok, but his partner is comically bad in my honest opinion.

It feels like a chore. Bellachore.

Bellachore.

I usually just catch the fight replays now and avoid the whole show, but tbh I'm not really a fan of any of the production in any of the orgs, if I had it my way we would do away with all the entrances, announcements, etc, and just have both guys run out to the cage and throw down.

I watch it for the fights. The production style doesn't bother me. BellaSTFU, maybe?

The only reason I don't like bellator is they put random 0-0 guys on the card all the time. The main card. They also put proven vets against random 16-20 record type guys. They had Stav Economou (17-4 at the time) vs. Dan Konecke (7-9 at the time) on the last card. That's normal match making for them too. It's ridiculous. When they put on good fights I enjoy it though. Rory embarrassed Daley, he's a great fighter.

They had an 0-1 v. 2-0 and a 11-1 v. 14-14 guy both on the main card last night. The other example I had was the undercard.

The production is a can. Lowbrow to a point that makes it kind of hard to watch. It's real spikey. I enjoy watching good fighters fight, so I'll watch when that happens.

Nope. I enjoy it.

And lots of fun live, too.
At less than 1/3 of UFC cost.

I'm fine with their production. Just hard to get into it when I don't know half the guys. I watched Baby Slice because that intrigued me. It just seems like a lot of their big fights are boring. You could tell how the McGeary and Rory fights were going to wind up about 30 seconds into each of them. Rampage and King Mo fights have been boring. Seems like all their big draws end up in really boring fights. Need to stop matching up really strong wrestlers with strikers with poor TDD. Just seems like good main and co main event fights are few and far between for the organization.

They had an 0-1 v. 2-0 and a 11-1 v. 14-14 guy both on the main card last night. The other example I had was the undercard.
Are you talking about the Baby Slice fight? Cuz he was the only 0-1 guy on the main card, fighting a guy who was making his debut.

I'm fine with their production. Just hard to get into it when I don't know half the guys. I watched Baby Slice because that intrigued me. It just seems like a lot of their big fights are boring. You could tell how the McGeary and Rory fights were going to wind up about 30 seconds into each of them. Rampage and King Mo fights have been boring. Seems like all their big draws end up in really boring fights. Need to stop matching up really strong wrestlers with strikers with poor TDD. Just seems like good main and co main event fights are few and far between for the organization.
To be fair, I don't think many people expected Linton to do that to McGeary.

To be fair, I don't think many people expected Linton to do that to McGeary.

Pre fight, I didn't think he would either but not long after the take down it seemed like a pretty easy prediction to say that McGeary was going to lose the fight via being on his back.

Maybe you really like the UFC production or you are just used to it and when you watch Bellator you don't have the same experience. I felt that way when I started watching UFC. I was so into Pride and their show I thought UFC was boring and looked amateurish. I remember watching Wanderlei vs Liddell and thinking how weird it was and how I didn't like it. Not the fight, everythingg else.
It's just a matter of getting used to it and if you really don't like it then don't watch it. Forcing yourself will probably only make it worse.

The show seems forced, and it effects my interest in the fighters.

I don't care mcgeary lost.. I wouldn't have cared if he won. They bank on BMP and push him in (again) what o see as a comical fashion. The things they say to hype things are fkn cringeworthu and forced. Like, you can tell they decided to say it before the show forced. MVP is a lanky dude who hasn't fought anybody really good yet. He's fast, but he's.... Awkward? It's just weird. The show aspect is weird.. I can 100% tell Jimmy knows it and agrees with me lol.. Because hes cool. Bellator doesn't feel cool to me.

A WW tournament with Fedor headlining as the main Event would have been cool. I wouldn't pay for that ppv.. Ever.

EDIT: I typed MVP but my phone changed it to BMP lol

Last edited:
Maybe you really like the UFC production or you are just used to it and when you watch Bellator you don't have the same experience. I felt that way when I started watching UFC. I was so into Pride and their show I thought UFC was boring and looked amateurish. I remember watching Wanderlei vs Liddell and thinking how weird it was and how I didn't like it. Not the fight, everythingg else.
It's just a matter of getting used to it and if you really don't like it then don't watch it. Forcing yourself will probably only make it worse.

Same. UFC was hard to enjoy after Pride, for a while. Still not great, but better.

I liked it back when they gave Shlemenko the Darth Vader threatment.

It's cheesy and reeks of low budget but I enjoy it sometimes. I enjoy the grand entrances and the jumbotron. Trashy as fuck ring girls are the icing on the cake.

I still watch. They have that wannabe WWE style Titantron. The show has a second rate feel.

I would enjoy Bellator more if they stopped making so many squash matches. I have a hard time enjoying a fight when I know from the beginning that there's more than a 90% chance that one guy gets completely annihilated and is just there to lose. Also happens in the UFC, but with Bellator it's the usual Rich Chou special.

The WWE'esque entertainment of Bellator is terrible most of the times (Bonnar vs Tito with Justin McCully in the mask was the dumbest shit I've ever seen in a MMA cage) and I try to avoid it, but it's pretty hard to avoid when it gets shoved down the throats of the viewers. Couldn't care less about their entrances and ramps and bla. Just give me good fights ffs.

Back