Does a fighter like Matt truly believe he beat his opponent when he was still in his prime? (Fedor)

Ol'Ironhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So in many cases when a younger or fresher fighter who has not been fighting nearly as long as their opponent who may have been at one point the greatest fighter on the planet, beats the older fighter...do they honestly believe they just beat them still in PRIME?

Take mitrione for example, now once he beat fedor he kept saying he was the best hw in the world and before the fight Matt said he expects the best fedor to show up in his absolute prime..now do you think Matt honestly thinks since he beat a shot over the hill fedor, that the exact same outcome would have happened if he fought fedor from 2005?

There are many examples in MMA fights..even in boxing there are plenty. Like when that big Irish oaf kevin mcbride beat a ridiculously out of prime Mike tyson...to this day mcbride still maintains no matter version of Mike tyson he fought, that he would have beaten him the exact same way, and says the last thing Mike would ever lose is his power and that he was able to take it blah blah etc. I'm sure kevin is slow and vegetable like, but it seems stupid he truly thinks that.

Now what is your opinion..does a fighter say that just as a confident thing or are they truly delusional? When it's clear the prime version of said fighter would clearly destroy, but after they are at the end of their career and lose..said fighter still believes the outcome would be the same.

Meathead is the best HW in the world.

Because Scott Ferrozzo allows it.

If he knew much about shit he'd be fighting to become interim champ in UFC, or reaping the windfall that is Reebok money.

And only a self (or Yesmen) deluded fighter would believe he just beat the best when that man not even the best version of himself in competition.

2 years younger really isn't much. Also, Matt played football and NFL throughout his life, which has been medically documented to predispose people to CTE.

If Fedor was really a GOAT level fighter, he would have been able to overcome that 2 years age difference.

2 years younger really isn't much. Also, Matt played football and NFL throughout his life, which has been medically documented to predispose people to CTE.

If Fedor was really a GOAT level fighter, he would have been able to overcome that 2 years age difference.

Fucktard of the week

Matt won because he is more progressive in his training, he sparred a girl to prep for Fedor while Fedor does not approve of girls fighting.

Mitrione flatlines any version of Fedor.

An example is Schaub and CroCop. Schaub 100% thinks he beat the same CroCop that he watched in Pride. You can tell by the way he has talked about it with Rogan.

Well, Meathead has called Fedor the GOAT.

Fedor is a very overrated fighter, mostly by PRIDE hipsters. I have him last place on my GOAT list.

An example is Schaub and CroCop. Schaub 100% thinks he beat the same CroCop that he watched in Pride. You can tell by the way he has talked about it with Rogan.

Don't forget " i just beat Andre Arlovski"

So in many cases when a younger or fresher fighter who has not been fighting nearly as long as their opponent who may have been at one point the greatest fighter on the planet, beats the older fighter...do they honestly believe they just beat them still in PRIME?

Take mitrione for example, now once he beat fedor he kept saying he was the best hw in the world and before the fight Matt said he expects the best fedor to show up in his absolute prime..now do you think Matt honestly thinks since he beat a shot over the hill fedor, that the exact same outcome would have happened if he fought fedor from 2005?

There are many examples in MMA fights..even in boxing there are plenty. Like when that big Irish oaf kevin mcbride beat a ridiculously out of prime Mike tyson...to this day mcbride still maintains no matter version of Mike tyson he fought, that he would have beaten him the exact same way, and says the last thing Mike would ever lose is his power and that he was able to take it blah blah etc. I'm sure kevin is slow and vegetable like, but it seems stupid he truly thinks that.

Now what is your opinion..does a fighter say that just as a confident thing or are they truly delusional? When it's clear the prime version of said fighter would clearly destroy, but after they are at the end of their career and lose..said fighter still believes the outcome would be the same.

Matt is two years younger with TONS OF WEAR ON HIS BODY!!! 7 foot surgeries and playing contact football all his life is terrible for your body. Meathead didn't have a prime and still wrekt fedro lol!

Schaub was the worst. Kept on calling out past their prime legends and then acted like they were at the top of their game when he beat them. Fortunately Big Nog put his bitch ass in his place...

dBsAj.gif

Well they say this, because theres no time machine or people sometimes say things like "if he was there i would dstory him", when they know, that this will not happen :D just like the guy who said that he could destroy my cousin in a 1o1 basktelball match. He said this right after my cousin went to italy and he knew, that my cousin will not be back for 3-5 years. When he cAme back my cousin rapped him :D

While Fedor was always an offensive juggernaut, defensively he got by on the strength of his GOAT chin. Now that the chin has eroded in the last 3rd of his career, he is unable to make the proper adjustments to overcome that. Dude can't go in there swinging for the fences anymore, as he did in his 20's. Maldonado fight was a perfect example of that. When he went in swinging wildly, he got clipped and nearly lost his life. When he took a measured tactical approach, he was clearly the better fighter.

So to tie back to the topic, Mitrione should know that he wasn't fighting a prime Fedor. Dude clearly can't absorb the same punishment as he did before.

Schaub was the worst. Kept on calling out past their prime legends and then acted like they were at the top of their game when he beat them. Fortunately Big Nog put his bitch ass in his place...

dBsAj.gif

Thinks he beat a still prime cro cop then gets outboxed by an old nog. Glorious lol

Back