Do you want to be the richest man in the graveyard?

The problem when people get so caught up in consumerism in the US is that they become wage slaves. Make more, spend more. When that's not enough, work more hours or get a better paying job to make more.

Rinse and repeat.

The key is to know how much you need... Not how much you want.

No.

I want to be cremated and scattered on the ocean.

Honestly? I don't need much money. I had a pretty fun and managed my finances well that 40k went well.

At the end of the day most of ny money is saved and the rest goes to food, gyms, and random stuff.

I don't take part in keeping up with the jones's so I don't live beyond my means

The problem when people get so caught up in consumerism in the US is that they become wage slaves. Make more, spend more. When that's not enough, work more hours or get a better paying job to make more.

Rinse and repeat.

The key is to know how much you need... Not how much you want.

How do you know how much you need? How long will you live? I wish I had retired 10 years earlier. I don't plan to be in a graveyard. T me, there is no sense burying my body. What purpose does it serve other than using up land.

If you gotta work 40 hours/wk to get the basics but 50 hours to a promotion and a modest raise, it's basically a fair trade. You got what it was worth.

If you gotta work 40 hours/wk to get the basics but 50 hours to a promotion and a modest raise, it's basically a fair trade. You got what it was worth.
Yeah if it's 50 hours. I know some people that work six days a week 60-70 hours because they're getting slaved by their bosses. At what point is it worth it, especially if you're going nowhere, not getting paid enough to justify it or there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Yeah if it's 50 hours. I know some people that work six days a week 60-70 hours because they're getting slaved by their bosses. At what point is it worth it, especially if you're going nowhere, not getting paid enough to justify it or there's no light at the end of the tunnel.
50's nothing. 60-70 is a little harsh. I've done that a few times but not for long.

This thread reeks of mediocrity.

Back