Do you think the Rose vs JJ rematch is happening too soon?

If it means Nosferatu gets knocked out and humbled some more then no it’s not soon enough.

<21>

nosferatu-003-large-1920x1125.jpg

i

<Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11>

Maybe , maybe not, maybe CringyWoman gets KTFO again.

hqdefault.jpg

I don't think so, If anyone in the division has the chops to adjust it would be JJ. IIRC JJ kept getting hit with the same shot (same one that KOed her), Im sure she will be training with that in mind, knowing that she underestimated Rose's striking.

Joanna was a long term champ and there isn't another contender right now, so I don't see any issue with an instant rematch

Is there not enough time since their last fight for JJ to evolve her game?
I don't see this next fight being much different.

JJ has pillow fists. So maybe her only path is winning is a decision.
But either Rose has KO power, JJ has a glass chin, or both.

I'd rather see how Rose stacks up against the rest of her division.

You have it all ass backwards. JJ has very likely peaked. Rose is the one who is still evolving her game. The earlier the rematch, the better the chance for JJ, the older more battle warn fighter, to pull off the win.

Would have liked Thug Rose to fight another contender first. Keep the division fresh. But Joanna pretty much dominated the division so I can see why she is getting the immediate rematch.

I can't think of a better fight atm at WSW, so I'm fine with it. Rose/Andrade will be awesome if Rose beats JJ again.

JJ held that belt for a long time and showed impressive skills and fun fights every time.

She deserves it.

Ive seen zero coverage of rose champion, she is a p.r. nightmare .

Here is your miserable champ folks...
Since when is two years a long time?

And the second part of your quote is WME's minimalist approach to promoting as they don't want to invest into building new stars, and because they still think the UFC brand can sell itself.

The UFC needs exciting fights, so it's no big surprise. I think because JJ was the reigning champ for a while, they want to put her back in for the title right away. I don't think it will end as quickly as the first fight. Both fighters have a lot on the line. JJ needs to prove that the first fight was a fluke and Rose needs to silence the doubters and prove that she is the better fighter.

I think the rematch was meant to happen BUT it's happening so soon because JJ is incredibly entitled. She doesn't think Rose is a legitimate champion and is probably overlooking her (again). She wants the title back as soon as possible, however I don't think its going to be that easy.

Since when is two years a long time?

And the second part of your quote is WME's minimalist approach to promoting as they don't want to invest into building new stars, and because they still think the UFC brand can sell itself.

In mma years that like 10 regular years.

Never been a fan of instant rematches, I'd rather see champs fight a different challenger.

Can't believe JJ is still the bookies favourite. I'm hoping for a JJ win but betting on Rose, same as last time.

This is bad match making. We all know Joanna has problems getting rocked for quite some time. So why the hell did they do a rematch instead of letting her recover and maybe learn new moves. If Joanna wins then its ok. They get a trilogy. If Joanna loses again then UFC lost a star. Yes Joanna is the one that asked for the fight but it is the promoter's job to do the right matchmaking. It's not like Rose doesn't have a rival in the division. They could've matched her against Andrade or Karolina.

What is the difference? Long time champion loses in a few seconds. Does not get an instant rematch.
He had the first fight cancelled cost the ufc a ton of money for the ufc 189 world tour also his next fight was for a title it just wasnt a rematch.

I think the rematch was meant to happen BUT it's happening so soon because JJ is incredibly entitled. She doesn't think Rose is a legitimate champion and is probably overlooking her (again). She wants the title back as soon as possible, however I don't think its going to be that easy.

5 months is right near the usual timeline. Most champs defend twice a year. Usually around every 6 months. But, some champs have fought three times in 12 months. DJ had his last three fights in ten months. Dec ‘16 - Oct ‘17. It’s not totally out of the ordinary.

It is not too soon. Rose wanted this fight. And she said she thought Joanna deserved it. She said she could have picked her opponent. But wanted Joanna.

Where does this entitled rubbish fit in ? I’d love to see some examples of this entitlement you speak of. If wanting a crack to get your belt back ASAP is “ entitled “. You need to name pretty much every ex champ in the history of combat sports. Because NO champ is ok with losing their belt. Vacating voluntary is one thing. But having your shit taken away by getting beat up is the opposite end of the spectrum.

Entitled is Cyborg. Entitled is Woodley. Entitled is Dillashaw. Entitled is Jones. ENTITLED is McGregor.

Fixed that for you. Aldo got another titleshot, just not an instant rematch because Conor left otherwise he was getting one.

GSP actually didn't get an immediate rematch after losing to Serra.
Conor dictucked and the UFC let him keep pretending he’s champ, it was pretty blatant favoritism.

GSP lost to Serra in his very first title defense, how is that a good comparison to Aldo who was champ for years?

Back