Do you think the Rose vs JJ rematch is happening too soon?

Conor dictucked and the UFC let him keep pretending he’s champ, it was pretty blatant favoritism.

GSP lost to Serra in his very first title defense, how is that a good comparison to Aldo who was champ for years?
Not a great one I guess. I still stand by my feeling that no champion deserves an immediate rematch when they lose decisively.....

Definitely too soon (this includes all any immediate rematch without controversy for that matter).

The loser has to build back up to the point where the tension is maximized (in other words not too soon or too late).

Way too soon. It’s like forcing JJ to retire if she looses.
They should build some grudge between them and make it interesting before a rematch happens.

He had the first fight cancelled cost the ufc a ton of money for the ufc 189 world tour also his next fight was for a title it just wasnt a rematch.

Those are bad reasons to opt a rematch. He isn't the first champion to pull out. Your second point just proves my point even further. The UFC promised Jose Aldo a rematch with Conor Mcgregor after he fought Frankie Edgar. Btw they lied again and didn't give him a rematch.

The real reason why they didn't give him a rematch was because Conor Mcgregor was making them a lot of money.

Love the rematch. Love the timeframe. What is wrong with you people?

Those are bad reasons to opt a rematch. He isn't the first champion to pull out. Your second point just proves my point even further. The UFC promised Jose Aldo a rematch with Conor Mcgregor after he fought Frankie Edgar. Btw they lied again and didn't give him a rematch.

The real reason why they didn't give him a rematch was because Conor Mcgregor was making them a lot of money.
Conor said he didnt want to fight aldo because he cant be confident he'll show up. Had he showed up to 189 as billed then lost, im certain He'd get his rematch.

Ill admit that mcgregor was on a fast track to success but both aldo and rda showed down his schedualed prospective title fights and people still have the nerve to ask why no rematch? Even though a perfectly healthy aldo was offered one.

Not a fan of instant rematches...unless it’s a draw or controversial split decision. At least one “build up” match should take place in between, especially since it was a finish.

Conor said he didnt want to fight aldo because he cant be confident he'll show up. Had he showed up to 189 as billed then lost, im certain He'd get his rematch.

Ill admit that mcgregor was on a fast track to success but both aldo and rda showed down his schedualed prospective title fights and people still have the nerve to ask why no rematch? Even though a perfectly healthy aldo was offered one.

Conor might have been right about Aldo pulling out, but that is despite the point. The UFC could've pressured him into fighting Aldo but they didn't. They didn't because big money was involved. This was the sole reason, period. Dana White promised him a title shot rematch straight out of the bald mans mouth and they failed to go through with it. Those are Dana White's words.

And in regards to the "Rematch they offered him"; it was a poor one at best, if you account for it being last min and at a different weight class with no belt involved. That is no way to treat a champion whose been defending for years.

Conor might have been right about Aldo pulling out, but that is despite the point. The UFC could've pressured him into fighting Aldo but they didn't. They didn't because big money was involved. This was the sole reason, period. Dana White promised him a title shot rematch straight out of the bald mans mouth and they failed to go through with it. Those are Dana White's words.

And in regards to the "Rematch they offered him"; it was a poor one at best, if you account for it being last min and at a different weight class with no belt involved. That is no way to treat a champion whose been defending for years.

Aldo wasnt even the undisputed champion. IMO for interim titles to be worth anything at all, there should never be a rematch of a unification bout. I know that's just my opinion.

You say that its because big money the fight didnt happen. Its because conor refused to fight him that it didnt happen. the man had to fight mendes who many of us including myself believed was conors worst match up. (bar edgar.)

IF at ufc 189 conor just chose not to fight and wait for aldo, what would conors punishment be? I'd imagine most would shit on him. Why should aldo get to cancel the biggest, most hyped fight of the year, force an interim championship, lose his title in 13 seconds and get a rematch?

I understand championship senority. Theses are the benefits we give anderson and joanna. But can you really say thier situations were exactly like aldos? if YOU were in charge, would you really force an immediate rematch of a fight you spent virtually an entire year promoting? When the first one ended in 13 seconds? Be reasonable now, that is a hard rematch to promote.

Aldo wasnt even the undisputed champion. IMO for interim titles to be worth anything at all, there should never be a rematch of a unification bout. I know that's just my opinion.

You say that its because big money the fight didnt happen. Its because conor refused to fight him that it didnt happen. the man had to fight mendes who many of us including myself believed was conors worst match up. (bar edgar.)

IF at ufc 189 conor just chose not to fight and wait for aldo, what would conors punishment be? I'd imagine most would shit on him. Why should aldo get to cancel the biggest, most hyped fight of the year, force an interim championship, lose his title in 13 seconds and get a rematch?

I understand championship senority. Theses are the benefits we give anderson and joanna. But can you really say thier situations were exactly like aldos? if YOU were in charge, would you really force an immediate rematch of a fight you spent virtually an entire year promoting? When the first one ended in 13 seconds? Be reasonable now, that is a hard rematch to promote.

Because it was about the money. You make it sound like the UFC was helpless in this situation but that is all false. They weld the true power here. They can strip him at any moment or stop him from fighting for another title. They have the power.

I don't know why you keep bringing up different angles like it's suppose to support your case better.
If Conor decided to pull out of 189 why should you expect him to be punished? Lmao. So what if people would shit on him? Boohoo. Aldo had a proven fractured rib. Champions get injured. This isn't the first time this has ever happened.

Do you happen to remember UFC 200? The event Dana White claimed they spent millions promoting and then Conor didn't want to do media attention and they took him off the card? Yeah, do you remember? Why should the UFC promote a guy who refuses to attend media? Yet they forgave him pretty fast. It's always been about the money.

The 13 seconds is a non point. It could've been 4 secs or 10 mins. It's the same with you telling me they offered Aldo a rematch with Conor but he refused to take it. You are being very disingenuous here.

Too soon, both should had taken on different fighters imo, JJ probably taking extra time off.

Nonetheless, I don't think any champ deserves and immediate rematch after definitively losing their belt.
Not a great one I guess. I still stand by my feeling that no champion deserves an immediate rematch when they lose decisively.....
Definitively, decisively, you don’t even know what word to go with. You think 13 seconds of action tells you who’s more skilled in every aspect? What’s Cain and JDS to you then?

Back