Do you think someone like Stone cold , HHH, or the rock would have done well in ufc?

With athletes of that kind of level, like strength and explosiveness they no doubt would have done well in the early days. A lot of those guys would have sprawled and brawled pretty effectively against the likes of Couture and Rich Franklin.

Nah.
But if I had to choose, I'd choose Dwayne Johnson. Johnson has played football at a high level at the U, and I think out of the three he would be the one who can grasp the aspects of MMA and perform well.

Pretty sure all those guys would have a wrestling background. Just because the WWF milked Angle's olympic pedigree I don't think that would've put him above the other names mentioned with training.

He was a high level amateur wrestler though. Can't find anything on the other guys mentioned. Regardless, we have no idea how they would react to getting punched in the face. So maybe they could have been decent or not.

Have the rock ever gotten a pin over lesner??

No, but he did lay the smack down.

giphy.gif

<4>

Last edited:
With athletes of that kind of level, like strength and explosiveness they no doubt would have done well in the early days. A lot of those guys would have sprawled and brawled pretty effectively against the likes of Couture and Rich Franklin.

I respectfully disagree - there is much doubt.

when 400 guys showed up at the combine, do you think one MMA scout would have looked at Matt Mitrione and said "i bet that guy would have a future in MMA".

it's like picking an NFL quarterback. who's the next Ryan Leaf? JaMarcus Russell? Rick Mirer?

just like there are a shit ton of BJJ champions who don't make it in MMA, i respectfully posit that the same is true for wrestlers. and we don't necessarily know just by looking at them who would have *it* and who wouldn't.

Dana White would cut all three of them for their Dennis Hallman-esque choice of in-cage attire...

Honest question.

Presumably they would be heavyweights. In my opinion , the overall technical skill and thus entry barriers at HW is easier than in lighter divisions. I mean look at someone like Black Beast. He's basically just a fat hard hitting bar brawler.

I think of those three HHH might do the best. The guy seems pretty athletic for his size and not as stiff as Austin.

However all 3 would get 50-45'd by USADA, but it's still fun to imagine big athletic dudes (a rarity) and how they would do in MMA.

Actually, out of those 3, the rock is by far the most atheletic..he played college football, and was looking to go pro, till he hurt his knee..he is a very athletic man...but you need some form of fight training to really make it though.

None would have passed USADA era testing.

Except any of the Harts could have pretzeled most of the WWE roster, and are decent submission wrestlers.
um...well...duh...coming straight outta the dungeon they better be able to pretzel most, better yet, every single pro wrestling promotion roster on this planet

Believe it or not I think that Stone Cold Steve Austin could have done well. He was a very good athlete and had incredible dedication. And he's one tough son of a b****. He would completely dedicated himself to training he has too much pride and too much respect for athletes to not come in prepared.

Former WWE wrestler, Nathan Jones was a legitimately huge athletic beast, probably one of the biggest cut guys Ive ever seen and a seriously strong dude. MMA did not go so well for him.

All 3 have defeated former UFC Heavyweight Champ Brock.

aA4iGG.gif

oFfNeB.gif

ZtZBog.gif

FAKE NEWS!!!

Only Triple H has ever beaten Brock.

Rock only won a triple threat with Brock and Triple H by pinning Trips and has been pinned by Brock.
Austin has never faced Lesnar.

I'd give rock maybe a slight chance due to being a half decent athlete and a pretty intelligent guy

Only Bret the Hitman Hart, since he's the best there is, the best there ever was, and the best... there ever will be.
I wonder if one day pro wrestling will have its moment in mma like karate did with machida. And I'm not talking Brock, more like sharp shooters and body slams. I guess there's suplexes. It would totally vindicate wwe fans

Back