Do you think far right white supremacist Dylan Roof deserves death?

Do you think far right white supremacist Dylan Roof deserves death?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes let's vote for what the criminal wants.

You guys are dumb as fuck. Put him in Gen Pop with Bubba Jay or solitary confinement. Make him suffer and question his own sanity.

There should maybe be an option for people who think the death penalty should be abolished versus people who think that it is valid, but that Roof should not get that punishment.

I understand the first group, but the second one is baffling. It's tough to think of a more severe crime, either in direct terms to the victims or to society as a whole, than he committed. And he doesn't have any remorse. Even giving him life sentences means that he will have no quality of life and he will be expensive to house and protect--all with no chance of rejoining productive society.

The only counter-argument I could see is that he is a politically motivated criminal and he will be elevated in the eyes of like-minded followers if he is killed by the state.

web-Breivik-gesture-2016.jpg

Not for this guy. He lives better than most people who are in for petty crime and he killed 77 people.
not in america, and yeah, that dude had the craziest killing spree ever.

It seems like one of the most obvious objections to me. The American Bar Association passed a resolution a decade ago calling for people with serious mental disorders to be spared the death penalty. It would certainly be powerful mitigation evidence for me if I was persuaded that it was legit. The problem is, as was possibly the case with Roof, it's not uncommon for mentally ill people to fire their attorneys and defend themselves.

I guess you would need to define what makes one mentally ill in concrete terms, and it should have less to do with the crime itself, since it can be argued that anyone who murders many people is unwell.

It sucks. He gets off easy with the death penalty and will probably have his own cell with extra amenities on death row.

He needs to die. It needs to happen quickly and then move on to the next scumbag.

Still disappointed nobody took my advice of mind bending hallucinations. In a year or two, we could have had him cop to the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, maybe sew up some loose ends.

life in a hard labor camp would be much more fitting .. make him do hard labor 12 hrs a day 7 days a week while giving him snippets in between of how people are living on the outside .. mental torture .. death is a bail out

Last edited:
...I thought democrats hated the death penalty like the first and second ammendments.

Back