Do you know the name of the mayor of your city? My city doesn't.

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I work a weekend job at a steakhouse. I asked 20 of my co-workers if they can name the mayor. They were 0-20. Some are college students. Some are parents. Some pay rent or have a mortgage. This is funny because the mayor wants to increase in property taxes by 35%. Not to 35%, by 35% (in addition to). You would think they would know the name of that person.

Some were arrogant about not knowing his name or even if we have one. Since when did we become arrogant about being ignorant?

Last edited:
you work with 20 people at a steak house? big place

yeah I know the mayor... is it a really small town you are in?

you work with 20 people at a steak house? big place

yeah I know the mayor... is it a really small town you are in?
There are a lot more than 20. I didn't ask everyone. Close to 55,000 people in the city, not including the entire county.

Last edited:
Increase property taxes 35% or increase property values 35%?

I only know the name of my mayor because he's my friend, and somewhat famous. He only likes me because I continually pretend to not know who he is when we meet. I'm sure he likes it that way. ;)

The city closest to me doesn't have a Mayor. They have a city manger.

My mayor is a crazy power lifter IRL.

the mayor of our city is very "Hollywood" and likes to be on tv a lot he arranges alot of PR for himself more so than any mayor in in the history of our city it is hard to not know who he is.

Yes, I do.

I learned recently he is dating some famous Asian pop star or something. Don't know who she is.

I work a weekend job at a steakhouse. I asked 20 of my co-workers if they can name the mayor. They were 0-20. Some are college students. Some are parents. Some pay rent or have a mortgage. This is funny because the mayor wants to increase in property taxes by 35%. Not to 35%, by 35% (in addition to). You would think they would know the name of that person.

Some were arrogant about not knowing his name or even if we have one. Since when did we become arrogant about being ignorant?

Never cared much about the mayor of my area. I don't know the name but if I saw it in would probably recognize it.

What is your current property tax rate?

I think mine is like .8%

But yeah, depending on your houses value that increase could cost quite a bit of money per year.

I did not know the name of mayor of the towns I went to school in as a lad either. I only know NYC mayor, and LA mayor because those are big cities.

Our current mayor is in the press a lot, so it's hard to not know who he is. His distinguishing characteristic is his youth - when he was elected mayor last election he was only 34 years old. Young for a city of over a million people.

When I was 11 the mayor gave me carboard participation thropy and $5 for joining a tree planting rally and a short marathon.

The only thing I remember about our mayor is that his last name is Butt and I luld at it when I first heard.

We once had a professional comedian for a mayor

I look after the Hvac plant for the council chambers in my city so I talk to the mayor whenever she wants the AC temp changed.

Back