Do you feel like you are living in the future?

The only time I felt like I was in the future was when I saw the iPod for the first time.

Were going to need a new economic system soon i thinks

Maybe bring feudalism back

The future is so bright I got to wear shades

To answer thread, damn sure I do. I grew up pre internet, now people are zipping about on electric scooters and working from home, they have access to the world's information in their pocket, this is incredible!

I used to buy albums, one or two a month, now I listen to new music every day.

It's the future now, I love it.

Yeah and it's depressing as fuck. All this technology and it didn't make things any better. They just use it to fuck with people and keep them complacent and malleable.

I replaced my car window using a YouTube clip. I couldn't have done that twenty years ago, it would have been get someone else to do it or trips to the library and a Hanes manual!

I'm speaking to you, across the world, right now while taking a shit.

That my man, is progress.

We live in a technocracy bro and the myth of progress has made people retarded and violent. People don't even read books anymore and just think oligarchs like Musk and Zuckerberg are going to save us with technology.

We've really been in a cultural collapse since the Enlightenment. There hasn't been great art or architecture since the 18 century. The true, the good, and the beautiful has been replaced by the dopamine hit. I'm ready for the flood.

Last edited:
Reactions: SRN
I can feel the speed in how the world around me change is getting faster, and it's getting a bit harder to adapt to all the new things that's happening. But I still make a conscious effort to learn and understand new things even if I don't necessarily like it because I don't want to eventually turn into that old guys who doesn't know how things work and only reminiscent about how much better things use to be.

Not to political this up (only explanation I got) but honestly it seems like After Trump got in and after the reaction to him getting in (also likely him being a douche) everything just went extreme n both aides trying to out FU the other even with Trump gone it keeps getting worse in that regard . All stability and order n comfort of how things should be seems to be turned on its head in many areas (radicals love it) . When you normalize radical politics on both sides it effects everything n usually no Bueno.

I find not paying attention to many/most things helps. My own little world baby

To answer thread, damn sure I do. I grew up pre internet, now people are zipping about on electric scooters and working from home, they have access to the world's information in their pocket, this is incredible!

I used to buy albums, one or two a month, now I listen to new music every day.

It's the future now, I love it.

I replaced my car window using a YouTube clip. I couldn't have done that twenty years ago, it would have been get someone else to do it or trips to the library and a Hanes manual!

I'm speaking to you, across the world, right now while taking a shit.

That my man, is progress.
Yeah it's easier to communicate and access information which is certainly helpful, but it came with a lot of negatives.

Not to political this up (only explanation I got) but honestly it seems like After Trump got in and after the reaction to him getting in (also likely him being a douche) everything just went extreme n both aides trying to out FU the other even with Trump gone it keeps getting worse in that regard . All stability and order n comfort of how things should be seems to be turned on its head in many areas (radicals love it) . When you normalize radical politics on both sides it effects everything n usually no Bueno.
It's also fucking wild how political people are these days. People in Reno fucking love trump. Dunno why, probably because they aren't very bright. At least once a day I have to listen to someone lecture me about the good old days when Trump was in office, and how literally every economic and societal problem is because of Biden.

Like fuck off talk about that shit with your like minded buddies. Random strangers don't wanna hear it.

The future's made of virtual insanity
giphy.webp

Back