Do you feel like you are living in the future?

FactNotFiction

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
10 years ago, I felt like I was living in the present.
Everything seemed orderly, on point. Technologically, things were developing at an overseeable pace.

Now in 2023, I think back to how cities I visited 10 or 20 years ago looked like.

When I visited 10 or 20 years ago, I was living in the present. So in a way, compared to before, this is a future version.

There was a certain orderliness to the world before in my humble opinion. Now there’s so much noise from social media. I have no idea about top artists, top celebrities. There’s too much entertainment released to keep track of it all. But 10-20 years ago, I felt these things were easy to keep track on.

In addition, we have a technological revolution in AI, and the internet skills we built the past 20 years are changing fast or becoming redundant.
It really feels like living in the future.

Thoughts? Feelings?

I think that the future, in relation to the potential of planetary intelligence, took a hit when organisms began eating each other. Currently, our only chance to get back on course is through technological breakthroughs (if we do not scupper ourselves in the process).

But yes, not only have we penetrated the future, we are on the cusp of a renaissance.

Yes.
We live in the dystopian future
The world is on fire, war, plague, inflation.

Demolition Man + Robocop = 2023

Last edited:
Only in relation to things that have happened already.

Brave New World vs 1984
huxley-orwell-amusing-ourselves-to-death.jpg
huxley-orwell-amusing-ourselves-to-death.jpg

Yes.
We live in the dystopian future
The world is on fire, war, plague, inflation.

Demolition Man + Robocop = 2023

Very similar with Demolition man with profanity being a crime and fast food veganism being a thing. I mentioned here that I sell adult toys and products as well as advertising and being involved in the industry is interesting because virtual reality is being perfected. You get to have a suit and goggles that fires up the nervous system while you are having with your 10/10 women of different appearance.

The suit allows your nervous system to be fully immersed and the goggle allows you to be in this crazy sex world. Something similar existed in demolition man but you can just go solo or just connect with someones avatar. So two people can have virtual sex through their avatars like online games. Kind of like black mirror as well.

This is for pure sex, for more of a gf experience, you can have a realistic sex doll powered by A.I who has a memory card and has the ability to get to know you and not give you lip and this will put an END to Onlyfans.

you're getting older. Is normal.

Not really because human behavior has changed dramatically, peoples natural reward system have changed like never ever seen before. Dopamine hits are coming from social media and people are broken emotionally from instant gratification.

Human behavior has changed more in the last 15 years than it has 500 years before it. In every decade, century and era, there was some form of romance, love and a need for affection. That is gone with social media. Another thing is gone is the most beautiful aspect of humanity....Curiosity!

People are no longer curios, everything can be Googled and thus mystery is gone. People have to work super hard just to get by and there is no energy to engage with mysteries of life. Google also gate keeps the type of information you have access to and so among the 4 dystopian world hypathosis:

1. Religious control

2. Post war world

3. Capitalisms infested

4. Technologically run

We are right now in the 3rd phase but the other ones can also be a possibility. Either a world war 3 can happen, everything ruined and people end up in despair and religious nut jobs can use that to sell religious ideas and brainwash people. Or things can evolve, A.I takes over and replaces us and the survivors are those that have a skill that A.I will not be able to replicate and thus population decreases as machine reigns supreme.

No. I feel like I am the future.
The first of the next evolution of what human is becoming

I felt like I was living in the future a few minutes ago.

But not now

I always think about how we're living in the dark ages, barely 200 years in to any meaningful technology.

Back