Do you feel differently about Joe Rogan

He calls a good fight. I don't listen to his podcasts or his standup. He knows the game, has a good voice and brings excitement. I haven't heard anyone better across all the orgs but have heard way worse....like Mauro.

Yeah. Speaking of Mauro, he has that try-hard voice that's simply annoying.

Rogan comes off as a natural.

Love his podcasts, the Ronda stuff was annoying as hell though, for awhile I assumed the UFC was telling him to be over the top for her, but sounds like they never really tell him what to say, more likely they just became good friends and he got caught up in the hype..

And to his credit he explained why fans went after Ronda following her loss.

Come on. Rogan never actually thought that. He was kissing Rondas ass just like all the persons in her life (at the time). They just wanted to milk interviews (money) out of her. Rogan needed her for his podcast.

Not really as I already knew he was the king of hyperbole before then.

I love the whole thing.. Rogan hates being wrong, and he truly belived his own ridiculously over the top hype, and it blew up in his face. Then he tried to humbly backtrack to save that very same face. Golden!

I dislike Ronda as much as the next guy, but if you try to take away from what she did, you're kidding yourself.

After the Ronda thing it's been hard to trust his opinion on anything. He always comes off like he's a know it all on every subject, so when it's a subject you actually know about and you see how off the mark he is on it...it calls everything he says into question.

I enjoy a lot of Rogan's podcasts, and I think the fight companions are great, but he's clearly not capable of handling the 3 man booth. Constantly gets alpha'd by Cruz and his whole mood and commentary style changes

edit: some more thoughts. Rogan needs just him and a PBP guy. A hype man. Schiavello, Mauro, Goldie, or someone similar. And that's if you dig his style of yelling constantly, some people on here do

Cruz ain't alpha in shit lol glad Cody beat him

The 3 man cast is terrible. I honestly don't know why they do it. Not only does it sound bad but it has to be bad financially having to pay 3 people now instead of two.

I think he was just caught up in the hype. There was no reason not to be at the time. She looked untouchable.

...After him and the whole Ronda being "Once in a lifetime athlete" and also him almost crying on his podcast when he had Ronda on it..

Do you find him less credible after that? It was very embarrassing.

I'd quit listening to him well before that.

When he started, he was ok. Then he got quite good, he was honest and called it line it was. Then he became a company man and completely sold out and he's since been unbearable to listen to.

Rogan constantly talks rubbish. Goldberg carried him for years.

He said Cris Cyborg had a dick. That was way worse than over hyping an at the time historically dominant female fighter.

What if he said someone like Alexander Gufstasson had a cunt between his legs because he turns and runs from the pocket? That would be ok for a UFC employee to make comments like that?

It was weird, but almost everything the guy says is recorded for public consumption. Sometimes people say and do weird things, or things you don't agree with.

So I'm pretty relaxed about it actually. Thanks for asking.

He's all hyperbole, and loves the sound of his own voice.

rogan is promoting fighters

hype is part of the business

...After him and the whole Ronda being "Once in a lifetime athlete" and also him almost crying on his podcast when he had Ronda on it..

I find him less credible after listening to him during fights.
He is VERY knowledgeable, but VERY biased.
That clouds his judgement and often gives the wrong view of what is happening in the cage.

But he is paid by the UFC. You should expect him to push their agenda and hype their biggest stars.

Its funny how triggered a lot of you guys are that a guy paid to hype things successfully hypes them.

Rogan a promoter now?
You think him saying that was successfully hyping Ronda?

Everybody laughed at that ridiculous statement and Joe himself has admitted it was a stupid thing to say.

I like him better. Ronda IS a once ever athlete!

Rogan is a good guy even when his wrong he still has a point somewhere but the Ronda thing was way out of hand thats what turned me against Ronda. That episode where he had Ronda and Edmund on the amount of ass kissing made me sick to my stomach.

Rogan tens to exaggerate everything. He's an entertainer/promoter so it comes with the territory.

Back