Movies Do You Consider Jaws A Horror Movie?

Is Jaws A Horror Movie

• Yes

• No

• Idk

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to IMDb it's an adventure/thriller/mystery film.

And yet it's responsible for terrifying a lot of people about swimming in the ocean.
There's also a great jump scene when Hooper is swimming in the ocean at night.

And while it does have scary elements in it, I'm not sure I would call it a horror movie.

It's an adventure thriller in my book.

Yeah there are horror elements

Read the top line...look at the scary monster about to eat that woman...I always found it fascinating that people deny Jaws is a horror film. It was marketed as a movie that will scare the shit out of you, and thats exactly what it did to a generation of people who kept to the pool when they felt like taking a dip.
iu

If it was a dude in a mask instead of a 25ft murder fish, nobody would even question it.

I remember in the movie guide I had as a kid it was in the Action/Adventure section.

Time traveling cyborg and an alien in outer space set in the future are gonna be Science Fiction for me.

Unstoppable force with no morals killing thoughtlessly

Killer lurking in the dark taking form after possessing a body

Technically, I'd say yes it is. It's just too classy, that it's hard to put it into such a narrow genre with a reputation of being trash. It falls along the same lines of "The Silence of The Lambs". In less capable hands, it's a run of the mill horror flick about psycho killers. The quality brings it up from the mud. "Alien" is another one, that people struggle to label as "horror", and would rather put the "suspense" moniker on it, as it doesn't sound as cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back