Do you believe that extra terrestrial intelligent life has visited earth?

I do think we had 2001 A Space Odyssey moment (not literally) early in our existence, but they haven't returned yet. We're too violent.

htgpsq68jpe4awfqxlyu.jpg

Naw.... Not likely. Maybe some have passed by, but I doubt they bothered taking a closer look. I have no doubt there is millions of intelligent life forms out there. I have no doubt space travel faster than the speed of light is totally possible. I mean, 100 years ago look at where we were. Imagine having 10000 years or even 100000 years with tech? As for aliens that had this capability, it isn't like they are lurking in the shadows or trying to hide. That is ludicrous. Do you hide yourself from a patch of peat moss in case it wonders what you are? Of course not. We would never know if aliens came by. They won't be driving a fucking flying saucer or log shaped metal object. It would be beyond what we can imagine right now.

I want it to happen. I really do. What a moment that would be.

In the early days of the internet and into the Oughts, I feel like UFOs were still all the rage. Now you don't don't hear much about them and most conspiracy theories seem to be more geopolitics focused. Why is that sherdoggers - is there just too much info out there now or have people's collective consciousness moved on- or am I dead wrong?

We have cameras everywhere now so UFOs miraculously stopped visiting us.

I do think there is life elsewhere, I don't think we've been visited though.

It's a huge universe, why do we assume we're the ones who'd get visited? We're egocentric to assume we are that special.

Apart from the insistence that our universe is infinite, there is no reason to believe aliens exist. We have nasa constantly faking photos and videos and making their laughable cgi animations, apart from that, no one can comprehend what's in space. So why should aliens exist?

We are a super young species, so we have no idea what we could accomplish in timelines of other species that have existed, if we were around for as long.

Let’s just grab one example of an extinct species. The megaladon.

They were here from 26m to 2.6m years ago.

Let’s just call it 23 MILLION years, we have been here for what 200k?
Image what we could do with 22.8 MILLION more years of tech development

Meh wouldn't be surprised if it has happened. Not a big subject of interest tho.

I do however find some of these comments incredibly short sighted though such as.

Can't have happened because theres not enough close planets near by that can sustain life. If there are aliens why would their physiology automatically be similar to that of life on our planets. It could be but it could just as well be entirely different and thus they can exist where earth bound life can not.

Travel would be too difficult. Once again thats operating under our limitations. If theres a space traveling people out there how they managed to achieve this would boggle our minds.

The hows and whys of there being advanced life that can reach us is immense if you actually sit down and try to pick it apart.

Last edited:
The real kick in the nuts for the case of contact is time. Yes the Drake equation is compelling and the amount of earth like planets is in the 100s of billions if not trillions.

But the universe is so big and vast, the two species would have to be advanced at the same time, also have good enough tech for space travel at the same time, and be in the same galaxy. The universe is 14 billion years old.

You don't know alien lifespans and assume they can't have multiple generations living and procreating inside a giant space ship while they travel.
No, I assume that traveling at sublight speeds would take longer than generations.
We're talking about incredible distances.

Apart from the insistence that our universe is infinite, there is no reason to believe aliens exist. We have nasa constantly faking photos and videos and making their laughable cgi animations, apart from that, no one can comprehend what's in space. So why should aliens exist?
Because we'd have to really think we are exceptional to assume what brought rise to us couldn't have occurred in one of the billions/trillions/quadrillions of places with similar conditions.

We are a super young species, so we have no idea what we could accomplish in timelines of other species that have existed, if we were around for as long.

Let’s just grab one example of an extinct species. The megaladon.

They were here from 26m to 2.6m years ago.

Let’s just call it 23 MILLION years, we have been here for what 200k?
Image what we could do with 22.8 MILLION more years of tech development
It could be that it is impossible to develop the level of intelligence and technology we have without a species self destructing. We've had WMD for 70 years and already almost fired nukes by accident (or on purpose) dozens of times.

There has to be other life out there, there is over a dozen planets in our galaxy alone.

Things like these don’t seem that important because of the high likelyhood that we live inside of a simulation and who ever runs the sim can bend the rules as he wishes.

So here’s what happened , how and why aliens have visited the planet before.

The asteroid belt was a planet, they had intelligent life, so did mars.

Mars has nuclear signature signs showing nuclear war has happened there(or at least nuclear testing).

Mars and Planet X go to war, apparently over gender neutrality, Mars kept wrongly assuming the people of planet Cucks gender, or even the fact that they no longer indentified as a gender at all.

This triggered the people of Planet Cuck and they went to war with Mars.

In the war, Mars blew planet cuck to shit and it’s now an asteroid belt, but the Cuckholdians managed to nuke the fuck out of Mars, and make life there impossible for the Martians.

A small group of martians crash landed here in a small ass ship(it’s frozen under the ice in Antarctica).

Upon arrival here 200k years ago, they gang raped the fuckng fuck out of every Neanderthal chick they could find.

Thus the human race became.

Aliens have been here, we the Martian/Neanderthal crossbreads that appear out of fucking NOWHERE in the fossils record are the proof.

Meh wouldn't be surprised if it has happened. Not a big subject of interest tho.

I do however find some of these comments incredibly short sighted though such as.

Can't have happened because theres not enough close planets near by that can sustain life. If there are aliens why would their physiology automatically be similar to that of life on our planets. It could be but it could just as well be entirely different and thus they can exist where earth bound life can not.

Travel would be too difficult. Once again thats operating under our limitations. If theres a space traveling people out there how they managed to achieve this would boggle our minds.

The hows and whys of there being advanced life that can reach us is immense if you actually sit down and try to pick it apart.
People reach for the most convenient, self-serving answer. The truthful answer is to simply acknowledge ones vast ignorance, IMO.

Things like these don’t seem that important because of the high likelyhood that we live inside of a simulation and who ever runs the sim can bend the rules as he wishes.
How did you calculate the likelihood that we live in a simulation?

How did you calculate the likelihood that we live in a simulation?
No calculations, but I think the argument is pretty strong. I don’t mean to sidetrack the conversation. Just commenting from my part OP’s pondering why UFO’s are out of fashion.

In the early days of the internet and into the Oughts, I feel like UFOs were still all the rage. Now you don't don't hear much about them and most conspiracy theories seem to be more geopolitics focused. Why is that sherdoggers - is there just too much info out there now or have people's collective consciousness moved on- or am I dead wrong?

No calculations, but I think the argument is pretty strong. I don’t mean to sidetrack the conversation. Just commenting from my part OP’s pondering why UFO’s are out of fashion.
What is the argument?

No. We haven't been sending signals long enough to warrant any attention. Maybe in a couple thousand years we'll have a probe fly by or something.

Back