Do you believe in God why or why not?

No.
Because I'm not a child anymore.

Nothing happens to you when you die. You cease to exist, exactly how it was before you were born.

The fact that 90% of religions only seem to care about what happens after we die, and not what happened before we were born tells us that the concern is one based on fear of death, not knowledge of any sort.

Facebook-By-far-my-favorite-Grumpy-Cat-5f88ef.png

I could list what can only be described as miracles that have happened in my life and to people that I know that you would dismiss. I could also tell you about the changes that have happened in my life (in my very attitude) since I accepted Christ.

No; I'm not perfect or even close, but I'm a better person than I was and I get a little better every day.

The fact that 90% of religions only seem to care about what happens after we die, and not what happened before we were born tells us that the concern is one based on fear of death, not knowledge of any sort.

That makes it even odder that I had to go through all those begats in the OT then.

I'd say the Bible has more to say about how we should behave now vs what happens after.

I saw a show yesterday where a baby lived 156 days with a heart defect. Born that way. I wonder what god was trying to accomplish with that one.

Standard answers are:
1. god works in mysterious ways
2. The devil/demon did it.

When you die you sudo to root and go back to the source code.

Then your free to the next possibility.

No.
No evidence for one to exist.
My life has been infinitely better since denouncing my religion and not pursuing others. And people should be glad i didnt follow my religion to a T like some muslim or christian nutbar.

If there is a God then I think he needs to explain himself for the cluster fuck he's created.

The Buddha's response to this question: "If there is a God, what I teach is true; if there is no God, what I teach is true."

Translation: Live the best life you can, wishing true happiness to yourself and all other people, cultivating virtues, weakening vices, generating compassion & trying to decrease the net suffering in the world (especially unnecessary suffering).Then you don't have to worry about whether or not there is a god; you will be covered either way.

(For the record, I believe that consciousness is the base of matter, and not the other way around.)

It's really weird to think there's something from nothing.

Yes.

Expressing why would take an eternity.

Anyone giving a glib string of text-characters as an answer to why they have embraced belief, excess, or unbelief has probably spent too much time in their own echo chamber created by their friends, the book they happened to read, and the feelings they are committed to. They wish something to be true, and that is that to them.

For me the short answer, for those who want something brief is as follows - I traveled too far, looked too deep, and found what has always been there waiting.

Nothing could be better. Whatever you find in the darkest places, you have no reason to be afraid, but you have to trust that there is something stronger than what gives us fear in this life.

No.
Because I'm not a child anymore.

Nothing happens to you when you die. You cease to exist, exactly how it was before you were born.

And what has this responsibility given you?

Will you define your life in terms of existential labor, the fading joys of family and friends, the quicker flicker of personal gratification, or a grim satisfaction that whichever of these paths you choose, you are the master?

At least the master until the mind leaves, the body dries, and you, I, all of us take that next step to the grave.

Will you declare, "It was fun while it lasted?" Perhaps, although, the many who say so, seem to never believe it for a moment when you really know their hearts.

Especially the more they understand the age old game. The more intelligent become more cruel trying to satiate that thirst, the more knowledgeable sadder still, but, at least we can say, or hope... we are all grown up... to see nothing, nihil, because none of us are really the master of anything beyond whatever flawed dreams inspire us.

Belief in any particular God raises far more questions than it could possibly hope to answer.

I think that since faith requires no rational justification, the actions faith create also require no justification. This is where evil dwells.

I think that if people accepted our short lives with clarity and honesty, the world would be much better, and we would be better to each other.

I don't think there's a god because there is no evidence for one.

I have no problem that some people choose to believe in a god.... until those people demand that I adhere to their god and/or "His" principles.

The only real answer to "what happens after you die" is "We don't know for sure" but if our current scientific understanding is any indication, the most likely answer is "nothing at all."

From a purely worldly standpoint, when man doesn't worship a God he worships himself. When man worships himself bad things happen

Back