Do you believe in God why or why not?

R'hllor casts his fiery light to save us from the darkness.

Re+%28or+Ra%29+God+of+the+sun.+Responsible+for+all+life..jpg

What makes you think God or Gods are silly made up ideas and not real?

I have worked with people with dementia. There is no god. We are just a series of biochemical reactions and mixtures.

If you introduce the right chemical into our bodies, it can completely change how we perceive the world and more. Also, if you have too much or too little of a chemical compound, it could completely change the way you view life.

It is all just chemistry.

I have worked with people with dementia. There is no god. We are just a series of biochemical reactions and mixtures.

If you introduce the right chemical into our bodies, it can completely change how we perceive the world and more. Also, if you have too much or too little of a chemical compound, it could completely change the way you view life.

It is all just chemistry.

I'm no religious nut but this is a fairly weak argument. Physical laws exist, we exist on the physical plane. Of course biochemical reactions can alter who we are. The idea of God or having a spirit doesn't negate physics.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so

Any arguing of whether or not there is a god is a waste of time IMO. It's also a very general question, because what is "God" really? Is God a bearded man in the sky who created everything and will grant you eternal life after you die and watches over your every move? When we say God, can that mean simply a creator? Can a a small chemical reaction that kickstarted the creation of us and everything we know be considered a God?

One thing that is certain is that we don't have the technology or intellect to definitively say one way or the other. Like all of you, I don't have the necessary information needed to make an informed decision, so until I have the necessary information I'm going to be "undecided".

I don't have a problem with people going on faith and deciding, though. Religion has done a ton of positive for millions of people, and I think it's an asshole move to try to take that away from someone.

Don't believe in God , but I do believe there is something out there who made the laws of physics

There is a thread already open on this topic. "Part II - God, Heaven, Hell, and the Universe"

I believe in God. And when you die, you either go to Hell or to Heaven.

Back