Do we need titles?

They didn't have titles in the beginning they fought for what they do now....Money. If you took a majority of the fighters and asked them if theyd rather get a belt put around their waist or be handed a big fat PRIDE Grand Prix style $500,000 check.....Im willing to bet theyd take the check.

Belts became cosmetic over time. They are supposed to be "the marker" #1 spot in a division but we see rankings mean dick so when rankings dont why should titles.

The titles mean hardly anything in boxing because of all the sanctioning bodies...that could wind up happening to mma....but,i like to see guys who care about being the champion,who care about being the best in their field.Guys like Khabib and Mirko mean it when they say I would do it for free etc. because they have the hunger.

we need cruiserweight,rumbleweight,mcgregor belt,united states champion,tag team,diva title

I don't care about titles.

I don't care about weight classes.

I don't care about separate gender divisions.

If they die, they die.

An old Rogan idea I found interesting was getting rid of divisions all together.

NOT saying this is a good idea. Just saying it'd be interesting.

The champs keep their "belts" and have to fight at their natural weight with constant hydration tests. Anyone who is within 20% of their natural weight can fight them for their belt, including other champs.

Stipe- 245lbs
DC- 240lbs
Whittaker- 210lbs
Woodley-200lbs
Conor- 175lbs
Holloway- 170lbs
TJ- 150lbs
MM- 145lbs
*Guessed these weights obviously

So you could have TJ/MM, Holloway/Conor, Woodley/Whittaker, and Stipe/DC fight so you have only 4 "belts" left
Stipe- 245
Whittaker- 210
Woodley- 200
TJ- 150

You could leave it at this or go even further. Example: Woodley could lose weight (NOT CUT) and/ or TJ could gain weight so they're within 20% of each other and fight. Stipe/ Whittaker do the same.

Stipe- 235
Woodley- 190

Do the same for Stipe/ Woodley and Stipe is now the undisputed UFC champ of all belts.

Only Noobs that started watching during TUF jerk off over belts. For the real fans, we all knew Fedor was P4P GOAT, and tho he never had the "UFC piece of plastic", it did not mean anything. Now, Khabib has been the best lw for a few years, and tho he has never fought for the strap, the real in the know fans could care less. Dana knows how low IQ and groupie people's brains work, and he pimps the ever living fuck out of you and became a near billionaire off doing so. For crying out loud, there is some chick that no one knows, and went life and death with Roxi, that is the 125 fem champ - it is a fucking joke beyond imaginable.

The titles mean hardly anything in boxing because of all the sanctioning bodies...
That was true in the 90's not so much in the now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back