Do people still go bowling anymore?

Bowling?

• Total voters
I like to bowl... me and @kevy2pale bowl.. but we do it ironic

LR9QG8FLHB0527QJ-cp0x0x2000x1000-fill810x415x

Take the kids every 6 months or so. Fun for something to do. Not sure I could be arsed making it a weekly event.

Of course, dude. Bowling is one of the most popular games in the whole world. I lived in the United States with my family and every weekend we played bowling with our friends. Recently, I moved with my family to Australia and everything was fine, except that there are almost no places to play bowling. For a long time I was looking for a solution to play bowling and a brilliant idea came to me. I have a large warehouse and I thought that a golf course could be made out of it. I found one company that installs quality bowling covers and they made a real golf course from my warehouse with various slides and holes. They did a great job and also have great prices. Ohh, now I have my own golf course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been a few years since ive gone. However, last friday i went with a bunch of coworkers and a girl i started seeing. We all had an blast! Drinks were awesome and the venue was legit. Bowlero in webster, tx. I stayed behind with my date a hour after everyone left bowling.
Only part i hated my coworkers left and we didnt get a chance to play the arcades. They had this real cool Halo and marioKart arcade i kept eyeing.

I'm going to visit a bunch of old friends in my hometown in a couple months, and I'm thinking of ideas that could house a lot of people without needing to reserve a private room or area.

One such idea is a junky bowling alley that somehow stayed in business all the years I lived up there, and I think it's still around today surprisingly.

If you were invited to go bowling with some friends, would you go? Do people still go bowling for fun anymore?

where i work, they built a fancy new restaurant/bar, with a bowling alley in it. it's pretty nice and classy. i'm not much of a bowler, but i could bowl for like an hour or so. more than that, then no lol. bowling is something to do for less than an hour.

I go bowling occasionally with my wife and my 4 year old son. They have the bumpers come up when my son has his go which makes it doable for him, as well as the little ramp thing to bowl the ball with.

I have always beaten my wife so far, really don't want to lose to her ever that's for sure.

where i work, they built a fancy new restaurant/bar, with a bowling alley in it. it's pretty nice and classy. i'm not much of a bowler, but i could bowl for like an hour or so. more than that, then no lol. bowling is something to do for less than an hour.
This was a weird bump (not by you, but by that spammer guy) but it brought back good memories. That was a fun weekend. I did go bowling, I did not break 100, but it was candlepin and not 10 pin. I met a friend from high school's kids, and that was a serious time warp. One guy I went to high school with worked there, he was one of those "I'm gonna get out of this awful town" types, cut to 10 years later working at the local bowling alley. I feel for him.

This was a weird bump (not by you, but by that spammer guy) but it brought back good memories. That was a fun weekend. I did go bowling, I did not break 100, but it was candlepin and not 10 pin. I met a friend from high school's kids, and that was a serious time warp. One guy I went to high school with worked there, he was one of those "I'm gonna get out of this awful town" types, cut to 10 years later working at the local bowling alley. I feel for him.

Did you try and make him feel better by telling him you were an admin on a karate forum?

Bowling is great for the married guys.

At one of old jobs, me and my coworkers used to have a weekly happy hour. A lot of the guys were married and their wives weren't too keen on Happy Hour, so we decided to do bowling because bowling alley's have bars and their wives would be less likely to object. After a couple of weeks, some people actually start bowling, and then people started making wagers, and it got competitive. Soon people were buying their own gear and some were even taking lessons. Before we know it, a lot of us became bowlers.

Did you try and make him feel better by telling him you were an admin on a karate forum?
Nah, I went with a line of being a guy that was banned from that karate forum and came right back to it.

haha, thanks for sharing that. i remember going bowling with friends during high school. we'd sneak in half-pints of booze, and bowl our asses off haha. i think the people working there knew we were buzzed, but we didn't cause much fuss, so they let it slide.

once time, i bowled a 243. i shit you not lol. people around me were even asking what my trick was. and i was like, "i dunno, i just found one spot to throw it the exact same way, and they all ended up as strikes". that was the last time i scored even in the 200's haha! i think i'm like a 150-average bowler.

haha, thanks for sharing that. i remember going bowling with friends during high school. we'd sneak in half-pints of booze, and bowl our asses off haha. i think the people working there knew we were buzzed, but we didn't cause much fuss, so they let it slide.

once time, i bowled a 243. i shit you not lol. people around me were even asking what my trick was. and i was like, "i dunno, i just found one spot to throw it the exact same way, and they all ended up as strikes". that was the last time i scored even in the 200's haha! i think i'm like a 150-average bowler.
Jeez. I don't know if I've broken 150 before. I did have one of those fluke games to get that almost 150 score, but I didn't bowl enough to git gud. Three of us that bowled that night all were playing for second place, as my friend's husband racked up almost 200 without batting an eye. Had the bowling glove with a few fingerless spots and everything, along with his own custom bowling ball that wasn't quite as cool as Ernie McCracken's in Kingpin, but almost.

SQcSAiR3_400x400.jpeg

I moved away from that town when I was still a teenager and never thought to sneak anything because of how long of a drive home it was. But buzzed bowling is fun bowling, especially if you get one of the lanes that has bumpers. That's a blast, trying to pull off trick shots with a minimum of two bounces and so on after several beers.

We’ve got a place 2 mile away
I’ve took the kids but it’s not an enjoyable experience
And I always throw a shoulder out being a competitive little bastard

last time i bowled was a few years ago at a company event.
previous to that, i hadn't bowled in a couple of decades.
not into bowling.

Jeez. I don't know if I've broken 150 before. I did have one of those fluke games to get that almost 150 score, but I didn't bowl enough to git gud. Three of us that bowled that night all were playing for second place, as my friend's husband racked up almost 200 without batting an eye. Had the bowling glove with a few fingerless spots and everything, along with his own custom bowling ball that wasn't quite as cool as Ernie McCracken's in Kingpin, but almost.

SQcSAiR3_400x400.jpeg

I moved away from that town when I was still a teenager and never thought to sneak anything because of how long of a drive home it was. But buzzed bowling is fun bowling, especially if you get one of the lanes that has bumpers. That's a blast, trying to pull off trick shots with a minimum of two bounces and so on after several beers.

yeah, man. good times. shit, i now want to go bowling soon haha.

Billiards >> bowling. Bowling is too much physical labor.

Back