Do people hype Francis Ngannou because of his big muscles? Who has he beat that is good?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't get it he has a streak consisting of some of the worst HWs in the modern ufc.

Bojan Mihalovic and Anthony Hamilton are two worst heavyweights in ufc with Arlovski not far behind

He's a prospect in the HW division, not like they grow on trees. He also beat like the only other good HW prospect in the UFC with Blaydes.

If anyone wants to say the Blaydes fight Blaydes was green as fuck and took the fight on like a weeks notice.

He put up a decent fight against Ngannou considering the circumstances, I'd pick him to bear Francis in a rematch as well.

Well the heavyweight division is so weak people are looking for someone to hype.

They hype him because he's athletic and explosive with a 10-1 record in a division craving new contenders. The fact he's young and the 'new kid on the block' also gain him that bit more.

Overeem will beat him.

If anyone wants to say the Blaydes fight Blaydes was green as fuck and took the fight on like a weeks notice.

He put up a decent fight against Ngannou considering the circumstances, I'd pick him to bear Francis in a rematch as well.
I think so too.

Both Blaydes and Ngannou are great prospects. I think they will rematch for the belt eventually.

Who else is there to be excited about at HW? I think that's a big reason.

1ik7ih.gif

I could probably make the UFC HW roster at this point

He might be really good, just hasn't been tested by a super well rounded top HW.

In a very shallow and old division he is making a big splash due to his style and how he finishes. Let’s see him tested against a good wrestler or a guy who mixes things up.

I like a HW prospect that is highly skilled and makes fights exciting.

He may be the next big thing, or he might be the next “Houston Alexander is for real!” Time will tell.
P.s. yes its the muscles

I don't get it he has a streak consisting of some of the worst HWs in the modern ufc.

Bojan Mihalovic and Anthony Hamilton are two worst heavyweights in ufc with Arlovski not far behind

He has definitely not faced top competition yet, he's a prospect. I don't think he's being hyped beyond being a prospect.

They hype him because they googled how to spell his name 200 times. Same failed attempt to hype Hector & Yoel.

He has at best a Schaub/Mitrione first 10 fight record and Nelson would sleep him.

He's shown brute strength and power in his wins. People like that. He could sleep anyone at anytime, which makes his fights exciting.

Who else is there to be excited about at HW? I think that's a big reason.
I was scrolling down to type exactly that. The rest of the heavies have just been up and down. I think people want to have a dominant new guy more so then actually having one.

It says a lot about the current state of HW division when a street fighter like Blaydes is a "prospect". Dada could probably reach top 10 right know (RIP).

He's one of the few guys at HW that isn't 40 or have a gut hanging over their shorts. That's all it takes these days to get some hype.

He definitely could crack Reem's chin but I think the experience and fight IQ will be too much for him.

He has earned the right to fight somebody good eh?

I’m interested in that

Back