Do people hype Francis Ngannou because of his big muscles? Who has he beat that is good?

Hes one of the few at heavyweight that actually look like a professional athlete

He is hyped because of the eye test. Even if he isn't fighting great competition you can just see how hard and fast his striking looks. You know he can hurt people with crisp strikes. We don't know much about how he deals with adversity or how he is able to defend against better opposition. It's just clear watching him move that he's a specimen - which at HW can do a lot of damage.

I don't get it he has a streak consisting of some of the worst HWs in the modern ufc.

Bojan Mihalovic and Anthony Hamilton are two worst heavyweights in ufc with Arlovski not far behind

HW is so stale that anyone who shows the slightest bit of promise gets hyped. Plus he's killing dudes

Idk I dont care enough about HW to get that excited about him

I think he is very impressive. His team is training him a lot on bad positions. When he gets taken down,he keeps cool,and gets back to his feet. This isn't no kimbo slice we are dealing with here.

It's not the who but the how. Still needs a top win to prove he's for real though.

HW is so stale that anyone who shows the slightest bit of promise gets hyped. Plus he's killing dudes

Idk I dont care enough about HW to get that excited about him

Everybody is killing Bojan Mihalovic anthony Hamilton and Andrei Arlovski youd be hard pressed to find a guy that hasn't beat these guys in the ufc in the past 2 years who hasn't worn a diaper

It's not the who but the how. Still needs a top win to prove he's for real though.
Exactly. Jon Jones,Khabib,etc

remember their early fights.

those guys don't need to face top guys to get people to take notice,because look at HOW they did it when they were starting out.

Remember when khabib was out,and the RDA fight was all anyone talked about because if he could do that to him.... whats the limit?
Jon Jones beat bonnar I knew he was going to win the belt. The talent was all there.

It’s HW!

Nice to see any new faces that are half decent. It’s been like the same guys at the top for almost 10 years
The guy has looked good

Do people hype Francis Ngannou because of his big muscles? Who has he beat that is good?

People like soft spoken badasses, who appear humble and can kick ass. Not loud, demonstrative, rude, mean people.

People like soft spoken badasses, who appear humble and can kick ass. Not loud, demonstrative, rude, mean people.

Ngannou is far from humble from what I've seen (though I personally think being humble in MMA is overrated, I don't really care if a guy is cocky or not)

He could be legit - we don't know, can't really fault him for beating who has been put in front of him but Overeem will be his first real test

ppl rate him because he's a chiseled prospect in a division that really lacks them + his story of being homeless and turning his life around

If that were true than Conor wouldn't be the biggest star in MMA.

Back