Do people actually believe that Khabib "Destroyed" Conor?

Conor McWhiskey was fooked that fight and still is if he steps in the octogon.

First of all. Conor set himself up for a big loss because of his pre fight speches. He speaks like he is going to war and going to humuliate his opponents. And when he backs it up, he does. Alvarez and Aldo were maaaaadly humimilated. But when it doesnt work, it backfires

And Khabib is different from Nates loss. This was a huge build up with huge history. People were saying how Conor will catch him, give him his first loss. Khabib turned to drop him, GNP him to near TKO, stood next to him and even slappd him

Conor was mentally broken more then physically.

Actually not me, but people in MMA say how Conor needs a win next time as going on loosing streak can really harm him.

Neither GSP, not even Kevin Lee who can become millionere overnight want to fight Conor.

So yes, Khabib broke Conor, more then anything-brand wise. I love Conor as fighter but he gotta come back strong this time.

Stoppage and fight wasnt even close, im not sure what are you talking about...or why.

Without a ref Conor would be dead.
Usually I laugh at this, but this is true. Conor was looking for any way out. Khabib coulda applied almost any sub he wanted. He chose to torture him with that crank and looked pissed after Conor tapped from it. He definitely wanted to hold it longer. He would have ripped his head off if the ref didn't stop him

All we know for a fact is Conor came out looking brand new. Khabib took him down, tied him up and tried to wail on him. It excited and gave the khabib man in the sky delusionals means to turn the reality upside down but Conor took no actual damage. This is on video. Be truthful to yourselves.
he begged another man to stop. that's destruction.

In that moment, Khabib could have said "Fuck the rules and the law. I'm going to break his jaw, pound him out and then climb into his soul and wear it as a Halloween costume. Instead, he showed leniency." In real world terms, Conor was supposed to die that night. Khabib spared him. In some cultures, he is supposed to vow his servitude forever. That's the honorable thing to do.

Also, you misspelled "delusions".

He did destroy him. He shut down all offence, hurt him on the feet, controlled the grappling exchanges with ease and made him tap. McGregor was trying to appease him mid fight.

I am Mcgregor fan and hesitate to overrate Khabib but come on please. It was about as demoralising and one sided as that fight could possibly have gone. A total ego crush

When people say "destroyed", they just mean that the person that lost got outclassed horribly. Which Conor did.

Outside of the second round, Conor didn't really take any real damage aside from the choke that he submitted to, but he didn't dish out any real damage either.

i wouldn't say "destroyed" but khabib did want to talk to conor really badly

giphy.gif

Tbh, I had Conor winning before Khabib pulled that lucky choke.

Call it what you will but he was outclassed on the ground, his striking was ineffectual (actually got dropped himself) and he became so desperate that he resorted to blatant cheating. Eventually he gave up his back then his neck; he wanted out.

All of that talk leading up to the fight and that's how he goes out? He was humiliated.

Khabib destroyed Conor. Now Conor can move up and face GOAT Woodley to retire for good.

I suppose you could use the terms “annihilated” or “humiliated” or even “obliterated” if you prefer them?

I see all these threads about how Khabib destroyed Conor, crushed him, Conor will never fight again etc...

Yes Khabib had top control and landed a lot of ground and pound. He also knocked Conor down once. He also subbed Conor. But lets be honest, Conor lost that fight due to exhaustion and took barely any damage in that fight. We all know Khabib is pillow fisted and Conor wasn't even concussed. Conor was back in the gym training 4-5 days later lol. That is not the definition of destroyed. He didn't even get a bullshit medical suspension. No concussion, no injuries etc. You can say he got dominated, but lets be honest he barely took any real damage. He could lose like that every month x 12 months and still fight for another 10 years.
Problem is McGregor had the exact scenario he was looking for and couldn't capitalize at all. The 3rd round Khabib stayed on his feet with him and gave every opportunity for Mcgregor to take over. Watching the fight I was thinking of the Mendes fight but it just never happened. Wouldn't say he destroyed him but Khabib definitely imposed his will 3 of the 4 rounds and got the finish. That is a pretty dominating performance.

Shiver me timbers conor nuthuggers have seriously become as deluded as flat eather's,

I don't know about "destroyed", but anyone saying it wasn't a dominate performance is ridiculous.

Khabib was in a controlling position for something like 70% of the fight. He won 3 out of 4 rounds, with one being a 10-8 and another being a finish from a dominate position, and finished with more strikes, more significant strikes, and more TDs.

Let's put it this way. If you watch a football game and a team wins 38-7, leads in both rushing and passing, and had a ToP of 40+min., would you not call that a dominate performance?

If you watch a football game and a team wins 5-1, leads in both SoG and corners, and had a Poss. of 60+min., would you not call that a dominate performance?

TS was smart to leave the thread. His argument got destroyed worse than Conor did.

I would say that Khabib dominated the fight, I wouldnt say he destroyed Conor because Conor had a his moments and won a round. If he finished the fight in round 2 after that GNP then ya....or the next round he took him down and finished him. Khabib clearly won 3/4 rounds and the round he lost he wasn't in any danger.

Back