DJ's loss to Cejudo may truly show that turning down the Dillashaw fight was a mistake.

years from now people will look at his record and recognize like 4 names on the list lol. thats reality.

you cant be the p4p greatest if thats the case. i dont even remember like half of his title defenses. but i can remember way more of silvas, gsps, aldos etc. run as champion

The more surprising thing is you just now realized this. Of course it was a bad decision, that would have been his best selling fight and would’ve solidified his legacy and gained him fans even if he lost as long as he was extremely competitive and it was a close fight.
the thing is tho i didnt expect it to be a close fight. just watch him in their with cejudo and imagine tj in there with him instead. tj would have stopped him with strikes.

Why, what did DJ lose? They weren't paying him anything extra for that fight.

Before TJ lost the title to Cruz, Mighty Mouse made it clear that he would fight TJ for a million dollars. That's all his price was. 1 million net for a super fight.

Then the UFC tries to make Mighty Mouse fight TJ for the same money that Mighty Mouse would make fighting anyone else? How is that cool? TJ has zero fights at 125, I don't see what's wrong if Mighty refuses to fight someone who probably couldn't even make weight.

We saw the fight night weights for TJ vs Cody 2, TJ was much bigger than Cody. TJ was 150 pounds... Cody only 142, which is the same fight weight as Mighty Mouse.

I don't care if I never see DJ fight again

He fucked up and should have taken the only ''money'' fight he could get at that weight class.

DJ Wants to fight an out of shape 14 yo girl at 105 and stream it on YouTube.

Will probably be a flying arm bar win. Rogan will love it.

Why, what did DJ lose? They weren't paying him anything extra for that fight.

Before TJ lost the title to Cruz, Mighty Mouse made it clear that he would fight TJ for a million dollars. That's all his price was. 1 million net for a super fight.

Then the UFC tries to make Mighty Mouse fight TJ for the same money that Mighty Mouse would make fighting anyone else? How is that cool? TJ has zero fights at 125, I don't see what's wrong if Mighty refuses to fight someone who probably couldn't even make weight.

We saw the fight night weights for TJ vs Cody 2, TJ was much bigger than Cody. TJ was 150 pounds... Cody only 142, which is the same fight weight as Mighty Mouse.
No matter how you look at it, a champion who refuses to fight a challenger because the challenger is too dangerous compared to his usual opponents is disgraceful. If you want more money than you usually get, how about proving you're worth more with a meaningful win first?

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it, a champion who refuses to fight a challenger because the challenger is too dangerous

Nope.
TJ was not a challenger for the 125 belt. TJ wasn't even in the division.

Nope.
TJ was not a challenger for the 125 belt. TJ wasn't even in the division.
There is no written rule that champions must only fight the number 1 ranked contender. Your challenger is whoever the UFC put in front of you.

Challenger = person who fights against the champion. Could be ranked number 2, number 3 or not even ranked. It doesn't matter.

All dj wanted was that record and he biffed it big time.

All he wanted was more money, Conor does it and you love him for it, DJ does it and he is ducking....

This. He said repeatedly he would do it for the right price. I completely understand him wanting to cash in on fighting another champion. It's something that would attract a lot of attention.

years from now people will look at his record and recognize like 4 names on the list lol. thats reality.

you cant be the p4p greatest if thats the case. i dont even remember like half of his title defenses. but i can remember way more of silvas, gsps, aldos etc. run as champion
It's not even that either.

Where were DJ's epic fights as a champion? That title fight was probably the most exciting fight he's ever been in and it wasn't even that amazing. Silva, gsp, aldo, jones all have epic wars that are instant classics. DJ has none.

Biffed = set
well yeah, but he wanted to go big and unfortunately it didn't work out. He could have had that money fight but didn't wanna risk the L, only to take it front and center at his own weight class. It'll be hard to campaign for any kind of money fight after that, regardless of his record. we all know dana doesn't give a shit about MM or what he's done.

It's not even that either.

Where were DJ's epic fights as a champion? That title fight was probably the most exciting fight he's ever been in and it wasn't even that amazing. Silva, gsp, aldo, jones all have epic wars that are instant classics. DJ has none.
he has the armbar on borg, and some other highlight stoppages like that. but ur right, he doesn really have any legendary/legacy defining fights. hard for that to happen when ur fighting washouts from 135 and guys that get cut from the ufc after you fight them. guys like cariaso, babulgatov or whatever his name is etc. arent even in the ufc anymore. tim elliott got cut from the ufc and then came back to a TS against DJ.

the contenders hes defended against have just been incredibly weak. dodson is one of his best wins and hes a B level fighter.

well yeah, but he wanted to go big and unfortunately it didn't work out. He could have had that money fight but didn't wanna risk the L, only to take it front and center at his own weight class. It'll be hard to campaign for any kind of money fight after that, regardless of his record. we all know dana doesn't give a shit about MM or what he's done.

So I guess that explains why they didn't give it to him. Johnson wanted it to be a money fight for him, not just for the management. You make it sound like he walked away from big bucks when in fact they were offering much less than he asked.

the contenders hes defended against have just been incredibly weak. dodson is one of his best wins and hes a B level fighter.

A B level fighter who KO'd the guy sherdoggers accuse Johnson of ducking. Benavidez and Horiguchi are first rate talent. So was Uncle Creepy back when he fought Johnson.

A B level fighter who KO'd the guy sherdoggers accuse Johnson of ducking. Benavidez and Horiguchi are first rate talent. So was Uncle Creepy back when he fought Johnson.
lol, that was a early stoppage TKO and it was like 8 years ago. r u saying dodson is on the same level as tj currently is?

horiguchi
joe b
dodson
uncle creepy (arguably beat him the 1st time btw)

losses to the 2 best guys hes fought

Back