DJ never got a fair shake from the fans

I agree, but what are you gonna do ? He didn't had the it factor imo to be the star. His size, personality, and point fighting style wasnt enough to capture the fans.

You can separate the MMA fan base in basically 3 categories.

1-Mainstream (Will tune in for the McGregors and Rondas)
2-Casual (Will watch the PPV's from time to time)
3-Hardcore (Will watch all if not the majority of UFC events)

The hardcore fan base never treated him with much respect.
The casual fan base never bought into him.
The mainstream fan base never got to know him.

For a fighter to become famous, he usually need to climb up this ladder.
First the hardcores embrace him, then the casuals and later, in some occasions, the mainstream.

The hardcore fan's can usually be separated into two categories, uneducated and educated.
I'd say the majority fall in the first category.
The just bleed fanbase never embraced DJ, where as the educated ones who value technique, skillset and game planning more than blood and guts appreciated him.

I honestly think he was getting there. If he blasted through Cejudo a second time, they would've booked DJ vs Dillashaw at FLW and that could've given him the opportunity to shine and earn the respect he deserves.

He said himself he didn't want to promote his fights...... why should we have cared

Who is being critisized?

Conor McGregor who never opted out of a fight or Mighty Mouse who cherry picks opponents?
Lol at "Cherry picking". He had no issue with fighting TJ, he just wanted to get paid for it and be given some assurance that he would get that pay no matter what if TJ missed the weight.

Seems pretty reasonable to me in all honesty.

Should have took more risks. He needed to go up since he was so dominant but he cared more about his record but that hurt any legacy he wanted to leave.

You can separate the MMA fan base in basically 3 categories.

1-Mainstream (Will tune in for the McGregors and Rondas)
2-Casual (Will watch the PPV's from time to time)
3-Hardcore (Will watch all if not the majority of UFC events)

The hardcore fan's can usually be separated into two categories, uneducated and educated.
I'd say the majority fall in the first category.
The just bleed fanbase never embraced DJ, where as the educated ones who value technique, skillset and game planning more than blood and guts appreciated him.

This is bullshit. Losers on this forum use being a DJ fan as some sort of high ground for being an mma fan but its just pretentious. He’s basically the same size as Dillashaw and Garbrandt only they actually make the fights exciting by challenging legit competition and having some personality. DJ isnt a better fighter than them and you’re not more “educated” than everyone else on this board by being part of the niche that watches his boring fights.

Hey, rain man, you obviously didn't read the part that said (and showed) he was staying around 145 without a fight booked solely to fight MM at 125.
Youre only helping me. You said you had proof that he cut to 125 before, but now youre backtracking.

The rain man insult was funny though. Anywho, keep going with this lol.

most "fans" are not real fans but McCasuals who didn't watch MMA prior to Ronda or Conor, and can't think for themselves. They believe what UFC tells them to believe, so when Dana shits on DJ and calls him a duck, they parrot the sentiment unquestioningly.

Youre only helping me. You said you had proof that he cut to 125 before, but now youre backtracking.

The rain man insult was funny though. Anywho, keep going with this lol.
What... in the hell...... are you talking about? I stated "TJ could easily make 125" and then posted a link showing that he was staying at 145 without a fight booked so he could easily make 125 come fight time (as does MM and the majority of other FLW which MM has publicly stated). I'm not remotely "backtracking" on ANYTHING. The main thing you OBVIOUSLY "need help" with is reading comprehension, so lets try reading our exchange again s-l-o-w-l-y.

How do you duck someone outside of your weight class? Did he duck Lesnar too?
That is an insanely moot point. TJ can easily make 125 and MM fought at 135. That should be common sense.
Common sense is the opposite. TJ has literally never cut to 125 in his MMA career. How do you know he can easily make weight?
Lololololololololol

I dont see anything showing he was 125 lololol

Thats a pic of him after he cut to 135
Hey, rain man, you obviously didn't read the part that said (and showed) he was staying around 145 without a fight booked solely to fight MM at 125.

What... in the hell...... are you talking about? I stated "TJ could easily make 125" and then posted a link showing that he was staying at 145 without a fight booked so he could easily make 125 come fight time (as does MM and the majority of other FLW which MM has publicly stated). I'm not remotely "backtracking" on ANYTHING. The main thing you OBVIOUSLY "need help" with is reading comprehension, so lets try reading our exchange again s-l-o-w-l-y.
Did you read the part where I said hes never cut to 125 in his mma career? Thats what this is about.

Personally, I liked all his fights. He usually did something cool.

He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

His speed and innovative maneuvers made fights exciting. I mean look at this:
View attachment 468217

Maybe he didn’t talk enough trash.

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.
Nah cus he plays with littlenxhildern k fort nite

I'm not going to read the rest of the responses because I already know I'll see the word "manlet" about 3000 times so ..

I'll agree with you TS in full, he is an amazing fighter that was never given the opportunity to break through. Admittedly, he didn't exactly have that "it" factor, but his skills and resume should have been enough to any true fight fan.

He never compromised. He never tried to do anything for the fans. Why would we give a shit? Boring fucking fights and boring personality. Plus he sounds and looks like a monkey. I would've paid to watch him lose if talked shit. I would've paid to watch him if he took more risks but he didn't. Fuck him.

Lol at "Cherry picking". He had no issue with fighting TJ, he just wanted to get paid for it and be given some assurance that he would get that pay no matter what if TJ missed the weight.

Seems pretty reasonable to me in all honesty.
DJ bitched out. As shown today, TJ came in UNDER 125.

It was a copout excuse. That's it.

Fans are dumb for the most part. They say dj is a manlet, therefore he sucks, but get all over tj’s nuts who just made the same weight! They say dj should have moved up but didn’t, therefore he sucks, but love that tj is actually going down to fight someone who hasn’t even defended the belt in the same weight class they all shit on instead of moving up to fight for a challenge, the thing they shit on dj for.

agreed. dynamic as hell, i think he got ignored because of his size, the manlets will never get the same kind of love around here. also because of weak division and not enough finishes.

Back