DJ never got a fair shake from the fans

Why should ppl force themselves to like him if they dont? Hes a ufc champ and he barely got 20 ppl viewing his gaming streams . Somethings off with him. Could be that most grown men dont really watch children sports. somethng really creepy gonna be exposed about him and the haters will be redeemed

They put the hype machine behind him. Rogan and co. kept talking about how he's the p4p best and his records. DJ wasted the opportunity playing video games.

for whatever reason we just don't give a fuck about the smaller weights, it is what it is hopefully the asian markets will embrace him.

This is not unique to DJ. Historically, people don’t care about small men in combat sports. Same thing in boxing, wrestling and bjj. The cut off in boxing seems to be around 140-147 lbs where people start to give a shit. Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson is one of the best and exciting p4p boxing kings, that casuals have never heard of from the 90’s. Very similar career trajectory as DJ in his prime. But no one cares because he was a tiny man. It is what it is—that will never change.

Lololololololololol

I dont see anything showing he was 125 lololol

Thats a pic of him after he cut to 135
Hey, rain man, you obviously didn't read the part that said (and showed) he was staying around 145 without a fight booked solely to fight MM at 125.

He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

His speed and innovative maneuvers made fights exciting. I mean look at this:
View attachment 468217

Maybe he didn’t talk enough trash.

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.

I agree.

This is not unique to DJ. Historically, people don’t care about small men in combat sports. Same thing in boxing, wrestling and bjj. The cut off in boxing seems to be around 140-147 lbs where people start to give a shit. Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson is one of the best and exciting p4p boxing kings, that casuals have never heard of from the 90’s. Very similar career trajectory as DJ in his prime. But no one cares because he was a tiny man. It is what it is—that will never change.

lol da fuq?
Where are you from???

There was tons of DJ hate after the 1st McCall fight that snowballed for years on end.

lol da fuq?
Where are you from???

Yes, the most popular guys in bjj aren’t manlets. Feel free to challenge that. Just look at superfights. Notice how most of them are between average size to bigger dudes?

Yes, the most popular guys in bjj aren’t manlets. Feel free to challenge that. Just look at superfights. Notice how most of them are between average size to bigger dudes?

Marcello Garcia is not big at all...

MM could literally save the drowning mothers of these ingrates and they would just mention him being a manlet.

He’s got no charisma, no personality, tiny body, no characteristic that may set him apart from the rest, except that he’s a great mma fighter in a very shallow pool
No characteristics that set him apart.....other than the only one that should matter

135 needs to be the absolute limit in terms of these classes. I honestly find the idea of any man actually being able to make 125 ridiculous.. These are supposed be grown ass man. This guy was not dominant at 35. This invented class gave him a career.

The fight with TJ was on everyone's mind, but he simply refused to fight him. Then you have the guy that just beat him having no problem fighting TJ. It's hard to get behind that.

When TJ was actively campaigning to go down to 25 and DJ was refusing, that was it for me. What champion does that? What champion has a guy willing to go down with the company wanting to set it up, and you still refuse to do it? Has that ever even happened?

He defended his title a record number of times against the top contenders in his division. Something that other champs are criticized for not doing.

View attachment 468217

People just can’t make up their minds about what they want in a champion. Either the division is too weak, the fighter is too short, or something else.
He was just super small and loved video games. I think if he was a little asshole he would have been popular.

But fair play to him, he stayed true to himself .

People have the right to like who they want

I don't like Demetrius, I'm sorry, but I just don't. I don't see what's to like? OK, he fights UFC, so what? A lot of other guys do too and I probably don't like a lot of them either.

It's just he was a champ and had a platform and could not resinate with fans, that's on him. The UFC did things for him - Even tried to build him up and make his first few title defenses free and people still didn't want to watch his fights. He had ppvs, commercials, super fights offered (to which he declined) shit, they even went out and had 9 or so belts made for him so he could take his stupid little Mayweather picture with all of them and even that didn't work.. He was a bust, and that's the truth of it.

My opinion (again, this is MY opinion) is that 125 is too small of a division and most grown ass men aren't interested in watching guys that small fight. He's also kind of a video game nerd and still plays Nintendo at like 34 years old and to me that's even weirder than being a very small adult man. He was boring, kind of dorky, didn't promote HIMSELF, wanted easy fights, and that's why he is off to Southeast Asia fighting in Malaysia now against random small Asian guys - In fact, that's probably where he belonged the whole time.

So yeah, it didn't pan out.. And they may scrap WMMA next, who knows?

He wasn't popular enough otherwise he would've gotten the GSP treatment.

View attachment 468217

we just don't like his fight style. or his personality.

#byefelecia

Back