dissension still brewing within the DNC

I agree with the first part, but getting Rs to ignore policy issues and focus on punishing SJWs is identity politics too. They're getting you guys to fight culture wars instead of focusing on policy.

Tell me, what are the widely held Republican policy positions that are popular with regular people? Because there is a ton that lefties agree on. So even if we were to agree that both sides engage in identity politics we'll have to part ways at the fact that Democrats like the policies of their political leaders and Republicans do not like the policies of their political leaders.

Low taxes
Reasonable regulation
Freedom of choice in a healthcare plan
Fighting terrorism
Responsible immigration
Punish criminals

Etc, etc.

If trumps positions weren't popular, he wouldn't be president. Literally half the country thinks you're an idiot, and half think I'm an idiot.

I'd argue the right is winning the battle for the soft Middle, even if they dislike trump personally. I'd base that of the fact republicans have won ever election since November.

Low taxes
Reasonable regulation
Freedom of choice in a healthcare plan
Fighting terrorism
Responsible immigration
Punish criminals

Etc, etc.

If trumps positions weren't popular, he wouldn't be president. Literally half the country thinks you're an idiot, and half think I'm an idiot.

I'd argue the right is winning the battle for the soft Middle, even if they dislike trump personally. I'd base that of the fact republicans have won ever election since November.
Worst list ever. The republican tax plan being proposed is unpopular in that it dramatically lowers taxes on top earners and if not changed will raise taxes on many middle class folks. The other things aren’t exclusive to republicans.

Worst list ever. The republican tax plan being proposed is unpopular in that it dramatically lowers taxes on top earners and if not changed will raise taxes on many middle class folks. The other things aren’t exclusive to republicans.

Unpopular to who?

I am for it. My wife is for it, she's a liberal, and spent years in tax accounting.

The people that voted in the house, the senate, and the president, are for it.

Please stop thinking that your liberal bubble, is in anyway representative of America.

Unpopular to who?

I am for it. My wife is for it, she's a liberal, and spent years in tax accounting.

The people that voted in the house, the senate, and the president, are for it.

Please stop thinking that your liberal bubble, is in anyway representative of America.
Yes, I know republicans in power are for it conceptually (well see if they agree on the details). And polling shows that even republicans don’t support tax cuts for the rich.

And if we’re getting anecdotal n shit, I’m also an accountant with experience in tax preparation, so there!

I think identity politics from either side it totally toxic but the right is far more engaged in that sort of thing. They've been tapping into racism, hatred of coastal elites, etc. for a long time now. It's a big part of how Trump won. And quite frankly I don't see it being played out on the same level as the left. They do it, but it's much less common IMO.

And if we talk about policy the right isn't even in the same league as the left. They have to lie and win majorities in the House and win the presidency to get their unpopular policy passed.

Are you fucking insane?

All the left talks about is race, religion, xenophobia, the war on women, ect. It is precisely why they lose.

CNN had a headline today that someone accused General Kelly or whoever of being racist because they are roman catholic.

I have a soft middle.

iu

well, not really, but my penis is soft....for now.

No it isn’t. It’s less evil. And evil? Cmon.

I really do get your point of view I think, in that you view yourself as pragmatic.

I view it as short sighted, that you point to a road full of lizards and swamp people, and say let's travel down the road with less lizards and swamp people.

I take the point of view, that I want to travel down a straight road, with no abnormal dangers, and reject that I need to travel down seedy dangerous roads.

I agree that the road you want to travel down is less dangerous, I disagree that we need to travel down a dangerous road at all.

The answer is they're voting out of resentment of liberals, particularly coastal liberal elites. And they're mad at SJWs.

This is true, but I think some vote for them because they fetishize power, authoritarianism, or money, and of course last-place aversion.

As long as there is someone worse off than them they somehow feel 'connected' to the oligarchs.

CNN had a headline today that someone accused General Kelly or whoever of being racist because they are roman catholic.

It was Lawrence O'Donnell from MSNBC. He shit on Boston and Catholics. Its like these people take pride in having low ratings

Yes, I know republicans in power are for it conceptually (well see if they agree on the details). And polling shows that even republicans don’t support tax cuts for the rich.

And if we’re getting anecdotal n shit, I’m also an accountant with experience in tax preparation, so there!

The "polls"...

The same polls that said Trump had 2% chance of winning? The ones that are heavily over sampled with democrats? Not to mention the loaded question of "tax cuts for the rich". Truthfully many people are too stupid to realize the rich are the ones who sign their paychecks.

I mean this seriously, it's good you're a productive member of society. Ask your clients if they favor a tax cut.

I really do get your point of view I think, in that you view yourself as pragmatic.

I view it as short sighted, that you point to a road full of lizards and swamp people, and say let's travel down the road with less lizards and swamp people.

I take the point of view, that I want to travel down a straight road, with no abnormal dangers, and reject that I need to travel down seedy dangerous roads.

I agree that the road you want to travel down is less dangerous, I disagree that we need to travel down a dangerous road at all.
My view is that it is a mistake and detrimental to assume they’re all swamp monsters. If you believe they’re all crooked then you’re letting the real crooks get elected.

This is true, but I think some vote for them because they fetishize power, authoritarianism, or money, and of course last-place aversion.

As long as there is someone worse off than them they somehow feel 'connected' to the oligarchs.
Right. And “I’ll be Trump one day” so they favor shit policy out of the fantasy that they’ll be in that spot one day.

The "polls"...

The same polls that said Trump had 2% chance of winning? The ones that are heavily over sampled with democrats? Not to mention the loaded question of "tax cuts for the rich". Truthfully many people are too stupid to realize the rich are the ones who sign their paychecks.

I mean this seriously, it's good you're a productive member of society. Ask your clients if they favor a tax cut.
Actually a week out 538 had Trump at a 35% chance or thereabouts. Polls are often very accurate and the best way we can figure out what people are thinking (which is difficult”).

And I work in the start up space and only have a small practice at this point and of course nearly all want tax cuts (including the wealthy investors in my company). It’s obvious that high income earners benefit. But they’re a small % of society. What I am saying is regular people don’t want tax cuts for top earners. And many of those wealthy earners/clients don’t want cuts at the expense of society.

And your point about rich guys signing checks is stupid too. Many people own and operate small businesses and they fall into the upper middle class or middle class for one. And second you’re pretending if we don’t cut rich peoples taxes they’ll fire everyone. It’s absurd. And it’s blatantly untrue that tax cuts from current levels will result in economic growth.

Actually a week out 538 had Trump at a 35% chance or thereabouts. Polls are often very accurate and the best way we can figure out what people are thinking (which is difficult”).

And I work in the start up space and only have a small practice at this point and of course nearly all want tax cuts (including the wealthy investors in my company). It’s obvious that high income earners benefit. But they’re a small % of society. What I am saying is regular people don’t want tax cuts for top earners. And many of those wealthy earners/clients don’t want cuts at the expense of society.

And your point about rich guys signing checks is stupid too. Many people own and operate small businesses and they fall into the upper middle class or middle class for one. And second you’re pretending if we don’t cut rich peoples taxes they’ll fire everyone. It’s absurd. And it’s blatantly untrue that tax cuts from current levels will result in economic growth.

Smdh....

Wow, you found one poll, that reported honestly, a week from the election. Congratulations, you made my point for me.

Of course they want tax cuts.

You do realize the small business community will benefit from this too, right? Who said they'll fire everyone? Stop with the strawman argument. They will in fact hire people, invest in their business, which will in turn result into an influx of money into their local economies.

Back