dissension still brewing within the DNC

But...Donald Trump....

200.webp

I mean, if the few semi-principled Republicans like McCain, Collins, Murkowski, Corker, and Paul left the GOP, it would be extremely close to a fascist party, doctrinally.

But I agree that donning the name would be helpful for everyone, and allow an actual Republican Party to perhaps regenerate some day in the future.

Actual doctrinaire fascism doesn't fetishize the free market.

It obviously means you support Hillary (not just the gender of a woman). It does not say you support any female that runs for president.

Like I said, it is entirely uninteresting to argue about campaign slogans, which are essentially branding. You cut off the substantive part of my post, so I guess you're not interested in that discussion (Republicans are all identity politics and have bad policy, and Dems engage in some identity politics and are much better on policy).

I strongly disagree that Republicans are all identity politics. I think it is projection.

I strongly disagree that Republicans are all identity politics. I think it is projection.
Really? Then why are nearly all of the substantive policy positions really unpopular with regular folks? They don't want tax cuts for the rich, they don't want a repeal of the ACA without a replacement, they don't want to gut medicare and medicaid, on and on.

The answer is they're voting out of resentment of liberals, particularly coastal liberal elites. And they're mad at SJWs.

Last edited:
the inability to recognize why you lose guarantees future losses in 2018 and 2020. enjoy!

Really? Then why are nearly all of the substantive policy positions really unpopular with regular folks? They don't want tax cuts for the rich, they don't want a repeal of the ACA without a replacement, they don't want to guy medicare and medicaid, on and on.

The answer is they're voting out of resentment of liberals, particularly coastal liberal elites. And they're mad at SJWs.
SJWs are people who constantly agitate based on identity politics. Hating them is not a form of identity politics. It is a rejection of identity politics.

SJWs are people who constantly agitate based on identity politics. Hating them is not a form of identity politics. It is a rejection of identity politics.
I agree with the first part, but getting Rs to ignore policy issues and focus on punishing SJWs is identity politics too. They're getting you guys to fight culture wars instead of focusing on policy.

Tell me, what are the widely held Republican policy positions that are popular with regular people? Because there is a ton that lefties agree on. So even if we were to agree that both sides engage in identity politics we'll have to part ways at the fact that Democrats like the policies of their political leaders and Republicans do not like the policies of their political leaders.

Actual doctrinaire fascism doesn't fetishize the free market.

It very well can, as the GOP does, towards illusory ends.

To be fair a person here (@Fawlty I believe) pointed out the doctrinal differences between fascism and Nazism. So, to update my claim, the GOP economic and social policy is more akin to Francoism or Nazism, than to fascism as described by Mussolini. I generally tend to presuppose the identity of the former two as more identifiable to the ideology, which is a fault of my own.

Longtime DNC officials frustrated with delegate shake-up

"Some prominent members of the the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) are frustrated with the party's new slate of at-large delegates.

The moves have drawn criticism the progressive-leaning Democrats who feel the staff shakeup is retribution for their opposition to its new ChairmanTom Perez during February's chairman race.

NBC News first reported the grumblings over Perez's slate of at-large members on Wednesday night.

Perez made his picks for the DNC's at-large positions ahead of this week's fall meeting in Las Vegas. In some cases, Perez tapped those who had supported Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who ran against Perez in the DNC race earlier this year. But in others, prominent members who supported Ellison during the chair race or Sen. Bernie Sanders(I-Vt.) during the presidential race, saw themselves demoted.

Those DNC members include Ray Buckley, James Zogby, Alice Germond and Barbra Casbar Siperstein, who supported Ellison, who ran against Perez for the chairmanship, or Sanders..."

...But critics charge that the at-large slate and committee appointments are a step backward in the push to unify the party after a contentious primary.

The announcement came on the heels of news that some DNC members are promoting a resolution that would urge Sanders to register as a Democrat, a proposal Sanders supporters dismissed as a distraction.

the-real-reason-its-hard-to-take-bernie-sanders-seriously-on-wall-street-reform.jpg

----------------------------------------------

Seems like the DNC is still dealing with internal dissension from those comical progressives by ousting large number of them from at-large delegation spots. The trend also seems to point that the division within the DNC that plagued them during the primaries culminating at the coventition with the Bernie bots showing their ire -- still remains a large factor in the divide among democrats.

Equally as funny is how the DNC is spinning the switch up by saying it leaves room for millennials, gays/trannies and POC's to obtain prominent positions -- in an obvious attempt to catch progressives in a SJW logic loop.

So, what say you WR, will the DNC "unify" by 2018/20 or will the seeds of division planted in 2016 continue to grow?

Will the progressives finally try to branch off into their own party?

Will this divide lead to the GOP holding on to legislative and executive?

Here is what is hilarious, and how trump and republicans can hold power.

Their will be a fight in the next primary. If the establishment wins that fight again, they will lose for winning.

I will not vote for a bought and paid for establishment dem, even if it means 8 years of trump.

This is a no cower zone.

Here is what is hilarious, and how trump and republicans can hold power.

Their will be a fight in the next primary. If the establishment wins that fight again, they will lose for winning.

I will not vote for a bought and paid for establishment dem, even if it means 8 years of trump.

This is a no cower zone.
Do you have strong views on policy positions that the people in power vote on?

The democrats would do themselves a favor if they stopped apologizing for Islam, demonizing white males and Christianity, and promoting all the tranny stuff.

The democrats would do themselves a favor if they stopped apologizing for Islam, demonizing white males and Christianity, and promoting all the tranny stuff.
Oh please. I'll grant you the first one but the next two are bogus and you'd just find something else to justify voting for people who want to cut rich people's taxes.

Cool, so why would you support Trump over "bought and paid Dems" then? Trump is corrupt af.

he didnt say he would support trumo, i think hes part of the vote for the 3rd option group.

Because my support, isn't being given to trump, but being withheld from the DNC.
My mistake, I misunderstood your post.

I'd say that vote could lead to worse corruption (leaving Trump in power) depending on your definition of "bought and paid for" Dem.

My mistake, I misunderstood your post.

I'd say that vote could lead to worse corruption (leaving Trump in power) depending on your definition of "bought and paid for" Dem.

Rock and a hard place.

Back