Discuss and Rate the Last Movie You Saw v.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes out in 2019. Ford is gonna be like 78. He was 67 in KOTCS and they were already treating him like old man Indy so I wonder what they're gonna do this time? Hopefully they wont make a big deal about it. I don't need to be reminded every 3 minutes how old Indy is.
yeah,i mean we all know. Fuck that. Just let him do his thing,and no more fucking cgi fucking cute cuddly shit.

Hellboy 7/10

It's been quite a while since I saw it the first time, and I think I enjoyed it more then. Still a fun movie though and Ron Perlman is great.

My Own Love Song - 7/10

Renee Zellweger before all that plastic surgery. Forest Whitaker's always great.

Little Shop Of Horrors (1986) - 8/10

Excellent musical, dunno why it took me so long to watch this.

Hachi: A Dogs Tale - 8.5/10

Second time i've seen it, it must be the saddest film of all time, was in tears at the end yet again.

I'm holding out hope that Indy 5 is actually good, hopefully nearly as good as the trilogy, and washes the pure diarrhea away that was KOTCS.

I just want #5 so we can get a conclusion to the storylines of the swinging monkeys and Shia LaBeouf's fencing.

Life
It was alright, but I was a bit disappointed with it. I liked the alien, he was a right little wanker. But for some reason, I just stopped caring about the movie with about 30mins remaining or something, can't put my finger on it. Obviously, its very similar to 'Alien' but we all knew that going in.
7/10

Alien Covenant - 3/10

Really shit movie, wife really enjoyed it though somehow.

The Loft - 7/10

Decent murder mystery with good ensemble cast.

Children of Men.

9.5/10

Probably the tenth time I watch this film, it's brilliant. Not one wasted second.

No other film has made me hate and love people so much.

The Duel- 5.5/10. Wasnt bad, wasnt that good. Worth a watch or to have in the background as you browse Sherdog

Morgan (2016)

Could have been a good sci fi concept but ended up being completely moronic. The characters consistently acted stupider than the characters in Prometheus, and that's saying a lot.

Moonlight

This was okay, I guess. It's well made and all, but I really don't see why it's held in such high regard. It's a coming of age story, told in three parts. There is nothing that stands out about it, other than the whole gay angle. There are some some other aspects that I liked though. Like how the kid's whole environment growing up, was always a catch 22. Like how his mother was a drug addict, and the father figure who he grew attached to was her dealer. Or how the kid at school he gets close to, ends up succumbing to peer pressure and turns on him. As far as exploring the environment he grew up in, and emphasizing how truly trapped he was in that world, that's all good. It's standard stuff, but well done. Other than that, it just doesn't really say much, other than that he was also gay. I guess that's all it takes, to nab some awards. Competent coming of age story, with some homosexuality peppered in there. Magic formula right there.

7/10

Life 5/10

I didn't feel attached to any of the characters enough to care about them when they inevitably died. The whole film was very predictable and the "twist" ending was about as subtle as a fat chick in a bakery. They seemed to play pretty lose and fast with gravity as well, it was pretty inconsistent.

Wild Horses (2015)

Movie starring and directed by Robert Duvall, with James Franco and Josh Hartnett.

3.5 / 10 based on what I saw.

Couldn't get past the halfway point due to the acting, pretty much by everyone other than the three people listed above. A lot of discussion has been had about said acting, so I won't trample on a dead horse.

MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

I think Tim Burton's still been quietly putting out quality that flies under most radars; BIG EYES was another pleasant surprise. I kind of know why though. His films are fantastical departures that are established in quaint, almost boring settings. Suburban sensibilities unto flights of fancy.

They tend to feel like they bear the significance of a 1950s housewife's daydream.

I'm biased toward Eva Green, so I'll say the real magic of this film is in the casting. Everyone looks note-perfect (although, purists, you must forgive me as I've not read the books; I'm just saying they all look perfect for the film). It's bright, cheerful, colorful, and fanciful.

Tim Burton should be teaming up with Neil Gaiman and I'm surprised we haven't seen a collaboration already. I'm not sure if Gaiman's story pack enough punch, but Burton's gotta up his story game a bit. He's not capturing hearts like he used to.

Children of Men.

9.5/10

Probably the tenth time I watch this film, it's brilliant. Not one wasted second.

No other film has made me hate and love people so much.
Classic. A lot of people already knew how good an actor Clive Owen was from CLOSER, but it wasn't until this one (and CROUPIER) that I finally got it.

A friend of mine hated LOGAN citing CHILDREN OF MEN as the superior version. I didn't bother reminding him it's possible to like both.

Classic. A lot of people already knew how good an actor Clive Owen was from CLOSER, but it wasn't until this one (and CROUPIER) that I finally got it.

A friend of mine hated LOGAN citing CHILDREN OF MEN as the superior version. I didn't bother reminding him it's possible to like both.

I loved him in Closer, he was the best part of that (excellent) movie. "Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood!"

Croupier was the first time I saw him, I kept thinking, who is this guy and how have I never seen him before? Thank God he turned down the role of Bond, he would have been great but how many fantastic roles would he have missed as a result?

I loved him in Closer, he was the best part of that (excellent) movie. "Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood!"

Croupier was the first time I saw him, I kept thinking, who is this guy and how have I never seen him before? Thank God he turned down the role of Bond, he would have been great but how many fantastic roles would he have missed as a result?
He was introduced to me as the Driver for the "BMW Films" commercial series. He was wooden as hell, except for the Guy Ritchie segment:

My favorite one of those was the rip-off for Mercedes:

Naturally because of Michael Mann and Benicio del Toro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back