• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Dirrell vs Abraham (March 27)

People, who he has consistently beat on for rounds, stumbled, and dazed.

He looked in round 10 how he should have in rounds 5-6, he was waaaaay behind schedule

he was behind schedule. it also looked like Dirrell was shaky and scared. some of those looping punches must have been getting through.

I figured that it was 50/50 whether Andre would be able to make it to the end. it is not like it was a sure thing that AA was going to get him. but it wouldn't have been much of a surprise either.

he was behind schedule. it also looked like Dirrell was shaky and scared. some of those looping punches must have been getting through.

I figured that it was 50/50 whether Andre would be able to make it to the end. it is not like it was a sure thing that AA was going to get him. but it wouldn't have been much of a surprise either.

When and where, he never shook, or ran excessivley, if anything he stood the barrages on the rops better than anyone anticipated.

And P.S. I think there's no fucking way Dirrell was acting...he got clocked. The delayed reaction may have looked weird but it doesn't mean that he didn't get ko'd. None of us are doctors here but I think that everything that happened as he crumpled to the ground and then thereafter is sufficient to make a judgement call here- he got ko'd.

Also, anyone who claims that Dirrell was faking must be admitting that either Abraham has the punching power of a little girl or Dirrell has a better chin than Ali. A completely defenseless fighter sitting on the mat who gets clocked by Abraham....and he "fakes getting hurt?" If Dirrell was faking it, Abraham needs to retire. If you can't hurt a completely defenseless fighter who is sitting down and not expecting a punch with a direct shot to the jaw, it's time to get fat and sign autographs.

For the record, the knockdown was quite glancing...

And he himself had been knockedown twice... you act as though he had stumbled Dirrell, he hadnt, come at me with facts, I have the fight on DVR, I rewatched it, Abe was definitely swinging more, but he wasnt landing anything significant, and in the 11th round

LOL. Watch it again. Fresh Prince answered your demand for facts.

In Which it caught him off Balance, and he stumbled back losing his balance, due more to angle than anything, that and his heel being touched.

Both of Dirrells knockdowns seemded like harder punches.

"Seemed like"... FACT.

People, who he has consistently beat on for rounds, stumbled, and dazed.

Abraham looked in round 10 how he should have in rounds 5-6, he was waaaaay behind schedule

No one is disagreeing with this statement. AA Was way too slow to get started but around the 9th/10th he started getting more corner work and Dirrell was having a harder time getting out of the corners where AA does the majority of his work. He was hitting him with hard shots.

Your fact answers were complete idiocy so im just going to bypass those,

As For AA being behind, schedule, do you know why he was behind? Because he was boxing a fighter who was getting the best of him, it isnt as if he wasnt trying to attack, but when he started to, he ate the harder counter shots, got sat on his butt twice, and possibly cut.

If AA wanted to close that fight with a KO he needed to get to work earlier, but he couldnt, therefore he was in need of a homerun shot, which he isnt used to having. The reason he KOs people late is because he has hit them with hooks consistently for about 4rounds or so, and they are gassed, and ready and worn down on. Dirrell was none of these things, he still had his legs, and was still showing an effective jab up until the point where the fight got stopped.

P.S. Im only going to respond if you say something worth while, I feel as though everything I have just replied with is irrefutable, as for the whole 10th round, the 10th round wasnt even a spectacular round, its simply that people were so shocked at the clinic being put on AA that when he showed any signs of vitality you shit a brick.

Your fact answers were complete idiocy so im just going to bypass those,

You can by pass anything you want but it's funny when you point out facts by using the word "seems".... :icon_neut

As For AA being behind, schedule, do you know why he was behind? Because he was boxing a fighter who was getting the best of him, it isnt as if he wasnt trying to attack, but when he started to, he ate the harder counter shots, got sat on his butt twice, and possibly cut.

I said right off the bat that Dirrell was boxing very well. Hence the two knockdowns. But Round 8 Abraham started throwing more and landing. You're arguing with me for no reason... LOL

I'm not arguing with you that Dirrell wasn't winning, I'm not arguing that Dirrell wasn't landing flush punches. I'm merely pointing out the fact that in the later rounds it was clear that Abraham was starting to get at Dirrell.

If AA wanted to close that fight with a KO he needed to get to work earlier, but he couldnt, therefore he was in need of a homerun shot, which he isnt used to having. The reason he KOs people late is because he has hit them with hooks consistently for about 4rounds or so, and they are gassed, and ready and worn down on. Dirrell was none of these things, he still had his legs, and was still showing an effective jab up until the point where the fight got stopped.

Abraham has had early KOs (ie Edison Miranda when he pummeled his ass in 4). He carries power through 12 rounds because he always starts slow. You're right Dirrell was still moving, but, it wasn't nearly as much or as quickly as the first 5-6 rounds.

P.S. Im only going to respond if you say something worth while, I feel as though everything I have just replied with is irrefutable, as for the whole 10th round, the 10th round wasnt even a spectacular round, its simply that people were so shocked at the clinic being put on AA that when he showed any signs of vitality you shit a brick.

Look I don't give a shit whether you feel like responding or not. The point is that Dirrell wasn't looking as good in the later rounds which could have been a setup for a KO and was possible. Actually, 8 was a better round for Abraham then the 10th.

I just wonder how people on here can feel so strongly about a speculative topic or one that nobody knows the answer to.Why argue about what someone said if that point was wrong,that is not discussion,its arguing.Why come here to argue stupid shit?

Nobody discusses technique,just what they think is real,which is usually bs.

Keep doing it and ill keep making fun of it and doing my best to piss weak minded ppl off.

I just wonder how people on here can feel so strongly about a speculative topic or one that nobody knows the answer to.Why argue about what someone said if that point was wrong,that is not discussion,its arguing.Why come here to argue stupid shit?

Keep doing it and ill keep making fun of it and doing my best to piss weak minded ppl off.

LOL. Done.

breaking them up when AA had dirrell cornered for a seeming eternity to warn AA about screening Dirrell's vision with his glove was a weird as fuck call by the ref too, possibly skipped past the apex exchange of the fight when he could have just yelled/motioned or ignored because it was barely present

What AA was doing is referred to as 'posting'...frowned upon in the amy's but I've NEVER seen anyone getting warned for it in pros that I can remember.....Lewis was a posting wizard.

This is why this tournament is so fucking awesome....sets the stage for even bigger fights once it's over.

And P.S. I think there's no fucking way Dirrell was acting...he got clocked. The delayed reaction may have looked weird but it doesn't mean that he didn't get ko'd. None of us are doctors here but I think that everything that happened as he crumpled to the ground and then thereafter is sufficient to make a judgement call here- he got ko'd.

The delayed reaction was Dirrells brain cogs whirring 'Oh I got illegally hit, I could pretend to be really hurt and then I'd win the fight by DQ! And I wouldn't risk getting KTFO in the next couple of rounds! Woo Hoo!' then Dirrell reaches up to his brow and feints to the canvas.

That was not a KO never in a month of sundays. Dirrell got caught with bigger shots up til that point and wasn't anywhere near being KO'd. The blow was glancing, shook his head a little but nothing more. Not surprising as a fighter that low to the ground is pretty difficult to hit with a clean punch.

BUT I won't argue that it was a foul. Dirrell knew he was in trouble at that point and AA was coming on strong. A KO was definitely on the cards. Dirrell's a good boxer but as AA said himself. 'No. He's a good actor'

auction_web_police.jpg

The delayed reaction was Dirrells brain cogs whirring 'Oh I got illegally hit, I could pretend to be really hurt and then I'd win the fight by DQ! And I wouldn't risk getting KTFO in the next couple of rounds! Woo Hoo!' then Dirrell reaches up to his brow and feints to the canvas.

That was not a KO never in a month of sundays. Dirrell got caught with bigger shots up til that point and wasn't anywhere near being KO'd. The blow was glancing, shook his head a little but nothing more. Not surprising as a fighter that low to the ground is pretty difficult to hit with a clean punch.

BUT I won't argue that it was a foul. Dirrell knew he was in trouble at that point and AA was coming on strong. A KO was definitely on the cards. Dirrell's a good boxer but as AA said himself. 'No. He's a good actor'

There's no way either of us truly KNOW that we're right. But it was more likely a ko than not a ko.

What AA was doing is referred to as 'posting'...frowned upon in the amy's but I've NEVER seen anyone getting warned for it in pros that I can remember.....Lewis was a posting wizard.
Guzman vs /Funeka the same night

Man if anything this illustrates that depending on who you're rooting for, you see two completely different fights

Yeah, I laughed when I read on an Armenian website that King Arthur "knocked Dirrell out while he was falling down." How blinded by loyalty can some ppl be?

Back